Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Get Hyped for CBT 2 with New Cinematic Trailer

2»

Comments

• thunderclesthundercles Member UncommonPosts: 510
    edited February 2016
    Should have just used the movie trailer voice guy.
  • TheHiveLeaderTheHiveLeader Video MaestroMember RarePosts: 234

breadm1x said:

Why cant they just hire Hiveleader to voice act that stuff.

I'm redoing the cinematic tonight. I'll have it up soon.
  • Luis2021Luis2021 Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Voice actor sounded like Tay Zonday aka chocolate rain guy to me.

DMKano said:

The voice actor is James Lewis, he was actually on American Idol.

You can tell the way he says "people" in this trailer, it's very distinct.

;)

Voice actor sounded like Tay Zonday aka chocolate rain guy to me.
  • linadragonlinadragon Member RarePosts: 589
    Tay Zonday was a bad pick for the voice narration on this... 
  • linadragonlinadragon Member RarePosts: 589
    edited February 2016
    Mirathel said:
    DMKano said:
    Sovrath said:
    I wouldn't waste your time. It failed in Korea, with Blade and Soul taking the top spot.
    Well, I've played it and it's one of the most enjoyable mmo experiences I've had in a long time. So no waste of time there.

The thing with personal opinion used as a blanket statement - hehe. It doesnt matter what happened in abother market for an individual player.

As Sovrath said - he is enjoying it, so try  it yourself and decide.

I've enjoyed the hell out of "failed" games - Vanguard and Tabula Rasa come to mind. 

DMKano, please don't bring up Tabula Rasa :angry: Still one of my favorite Sci-fi MMOs and what NCSoft did to Richard Garriott still leaves a sour taste in my mouth.
    What NcSoft did to a guy that went back to the drawing board repeatedly on a game costing NcSoft a ton of money for development that didn't turn out to even even out for them profit wise? While some of how it was handled was bad TR was doomed to failure no matter who had it due to how RG handled the development direction of the game unless you had someone willing to actually just sit there wasting money on the off chance that it got more popular. 

I'll not disagree that the game was pretty good, but how development was handled was awful and his original ideas and all for TR were far greater than what he ended up making eventually. 
  • LostarLostar Member UncommonPosts: 891

breadm1x said:

Why cant they just hire Hiveleader to voice act that stuff.

I'm redoing the cinematic tonight. I'll have it up soon.
    Yes please! I need to convince my friends to play....not drive them off FFS. DAMN U DAUM!!!
  • LostarLostar Member UncommonPosts: 891
    You know what it sounds like? It sound slike I'm being read a story as a 4 year old. IT'S SO BAD!!!
  • joeri123joeri123 Member UncommonPosts: 247
    How this gets past QA is beyond me....
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    DMKano said:
    Sovrath said:
    I wouldn't waste your time. It failed in Korea, with Blade and Soul taking the top spot.
    Well, I've played it and it's one of the most enjoyable mmo experiences I've had in a long time. So no waste of time there.

The thing with personal opinion used as a blanket statement - hehe. It doesnt matter what happened in abother market for an individual player.

As Sovrath said - he is enjoying it, so try  it yourself and decide.

I've enjoyed the hell out of "failed" games - Vanguard and Tabula Rasa come to mind. 

Everyone should make up their own damn minds instead of being sheep, yes.

On topic: Now I want to visit "Goma Naru" in game when I have the chance. I'm guessing it'll be some cursed ruins by now, or a nice little ghost town. :D

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• Nayr752Nayr752 Member UncommonPosts: 172
    That was terrible voice acting. lol
  • TheOctagonTheOctagon Member UncommonPosts: 411
    That had to be one of the WORST game trailers I have ever seen...

I hope ingame voices don't sound like that. Poor guy was talking with his mouth full of marbles...
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    It sounds like he's trying to emulate Mako Iwamatsu's narration in Conan the Barbarian.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    edited February 2016

haha why did they get the chocolate rain guy to narrate a trailer? terrible trailer...

LOL that's exactly what it sounded like...was it just me or did every word in that trailer end with urooo...

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson