Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Assassin's Creed (Black Flag) UBISOFT making a mmorpg.

filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
First I'd like to say if you haven't played the Assassin's Creed series then it is an absolute must.  Each game adds something that makes you say wow that's freakin cool as hell.  I am currently on Black Flag and finding it to be an open world Carribean setting.  You can sail in the ship and shoot then board other ships and fight for complete control of the enemy ship.  Sneak around on the islands and steal stuff and build your own base of operations.  This game really has a complete formula for a good mmorpg yet somehow it hasn't entered that stage.  I'm only about 20 hours into the game and its got so much stuff I barely scratched the surface.  Now I have found that Ubisoft is developing a mmorpg and it is probably Assassin's Creed.   http://gamerant.com/ubisoft-massive-assassins-creed-online-mmo-benk-150438/undefined
Are you onto something or just on something?

Comments

• Leon1eLeon1e Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Don't get your hopes too high, black flag is the last good AC game. The past few are just for milking the franchise. It got so bad ... they won't be releasing AC game this year. So that's that. 
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    Using a large IP is great asset for success of the game but bane for these boards.

I can see SWTOR or ESO all over again - "That's not AC!"
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    edited February 2016
    Working link to OPs article: http://gamerant.com/ubisoft-massive-assassins-creed-online-mmo-benk-150438/

I don't know why the hell he posted it now though, that article is 4 years old.

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335
    The MMO is The Division.../sigh  can't wait for it myself and it has nothing to do with Assassin's Creed.  Although I do love the AC series and would love to see an MMO based in it.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited February 2016
    I love AC series but i havent had a blast since AC2. Assassins Creed 3's american revolution setting didnt click with me so i couldnt finish the game. AC4 didnt click for me in a pirate setting (the ship gameplay itself was fun but not enough to keep me playing and the assassins part of the game was more of the same in a boring pirate setting IMO). AC Unity was too broken so i stopped playing it. Looking forward to playing Syndicate whenever i decide to buy it.

I personally dont want an AC mmo. Im actually glad Ubi decided to not release another AC for 1-2 years and chose to reflect on what changes the AC franchise needs to make it a fresh experience again. AC has been stale and lacking basically since Brotherhood.

EDIT: and if UBI decides to make a pirate/ships/naval trade mmo i think they should get in talks with Koei and make a modern version of Uncharted Waters with Ubi's tech.

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    edited February 2016

hmm I wonder what happened the picture in the article is from black flag.

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    elocke said:
    The MMO is The Division.../sigh  can't wait for it myself and it has nothing to do with Assassin's Creed.  Although I do love the AC series and would love to see an MMO based in it.
    Oh you're right they made Division and its open beta in 2 days.  Gonna download it right now.