Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pick a class

delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
Pick a class that's your style :)

Comments

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    DMKano said:
    Done.

Now what?

(I am basing this on EQ1 vanilla classes - which is the blueprint for Pantheon) 

Nothing, just sit back and enjoy :)

I have to be brutally honest with myself.

I would love to tank, but I'm not good at it.  I like to be needed, more so my first time around to experience all the group content.  So I'm going with a healing Cleric, and yes I'm a good healer.

I love Rogues, and been doing Kung FU for 25 years, and would love to be a Monk.  But they will come later.

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    I have no clue what I am picking it for, or what each class does, but 
    Dire Lord sounds cool and unique so its that for me

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    DMKano said:
    Done.

Now what?

Think blueprint is to strong a word plus there is some Vanguard in there as well.

edited February 2016

Rogue and Monks type classes are usually under powered and never start with much love.....Never could figure that one out.

Add that everyone seems to hate playing with Rogues.

edited February 2016
    DMKano said:
    DMKano said:
    Done.

Now what?

Think blueprint is to strong a word plus there is some Vanguard in there as well.

Ok does this change your mind? (brad mcquaid talking about Pantheon)

Already seen that and foundation does not mean blueprint so unless you can find me a quote from brad saying the word blueprint then nope it does not change my mind. Yes the inspiration comes from EQ and Vanguard, that would be obvious but blueprint lol, nope. 

Rogue and Monks type classes are usually under powered and never start with much love.....Never could figure that one out.

Add that everyone seems to hate playing with Rogues.

Rouge were a hard class to play in EQ and also in Vanguard they were hard, monks were used to split mobs in EQ.

Ah, to agree to disagree but he still tries to maintain that blurprint means foundation so obviously he doesn't agree to disagree and wants to be right under stealth lol.

Nice try though.

EQ-Vanguard the foundation but updated to a modern group focused mmo.

That's the ticket.

When I think of Bill.....I think of sex.  Why is that ?
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    If it's anything like an EQ Druid or Shaman, then I will try that for a change. 

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• AmsaiAmsai Member UncommonPosts: 299
    Not enough info on the other classes yet. And its become apparent that while they may be very similar to EQ classes in some cases in others maybe not (Druid). Other wise......... what no Bard? LOL

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    Er, you want to have sex with him?

OK, I'm not judging.

Is there a bard class in the list, didn't see one.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    Druids don't play anything like Shamen in either EQ or Vanguard, not sure why you lumped them together.

DMKano said:
    DMKano said:
    Done.

Now what?

Ok does this change your mind? (brad mcquaid talking about Pantheon)

Not to be nitpicky, but that was also three years ago.  Are you sure EQ1 is still the only thing he is pulling from, despite the many posts from fans who promote Vanguard as well?  If he is really deaf to his Vanguard fans, he's in for some trouble.

• DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    That was 2 years ago, and holds totally true today. Yes, they will use things learned from Vanguard. I would hope class design in particular, as playing a melee in EQ with 2 abilities will not cut it in 2017. That and Vanguard classes were the best of any of the 30+ mmo I've played - by a landslide.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I don't really pick a class in games,i usually like to play them all,that is why i hate altaholic games.
    If a game has only one enjoyable class that i want to play,well it's not much of a game.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• joe2721joe2721 Member UncommonPosts: 171
    I do miss my enchanter macros " Mez ORC you break it you tank it"

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited February 2016
    DMKano said:
    Dullahan said:
    That was 2 years ago, and holds totally true today. Yes, they will use things learned from Vanguard. I would hope class design in particular, as playing a melee in EQ with 2 abilities will not cut it in 2017. That and Vanguard classes were the best of any of the 30+ mmo I've played - by a landslide.

Vanguard had awesome classes and IMO was a hell of a game too. But to say the best classes out of any MMO - that's not an opinion I share. 

I dont man , think i would agree with him , if you take Vanguards classes(the enitre group)  as a whole , and put it up against any other games (entire group) , i think it would come out on top .. Only other games i can think of that had so many unique well done  classes , is DAoC and Warhammer... And Vanguard imo beats out both of these ..
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    As a practicing altoholic I should be able to pick multiple classes cause that's how I role.  :+1: 

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• Gaming.Rocks2Gaming.Rocks2 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    @BillMurphy? Hmm, yeah... I'd never looked at him like that. But yeah, I see what you mean. 
    Gaming Rocks next gen. community for last gen. gamers launching soon. 
  • GladDogGladDog Member RarePosts: 1,097
    Crusader seems the most like the Paladin class from EQ2, which I rather enjoyed playing.

The world is going to the dogs, which is just how I planned it!

• DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    DMKano said:
    Scorchien said:
    DMKano said:
    Dullahan said:

Vanguard had awesome classes and IMO was a hell of a game too. But to say the best classes out of any MMO - that's not an opinion I share. 

I dont man , think i would agree with him , if you take Vanguards classes(the enitre group)  as a whole , and put it up against any other games (entire group) , i think it would come out on top .. Only other games i can think of that had so many unique well done  classes , is DAoC and Warhammer... And Vanguard imo beats out both of these ..

Collectively - maybe.

Still taken individually from games

EQ1 Enchanter - come on now, probably the most amazing class of all time - crazy number of options and utility

DAoC warrior - active shield block made the class feel like a TRUE tank, never have I felt so tanky in any game

Vanguard disciple - just so good, maybe OP but really loved the class

AoC - Herald of Xotli - yes AoC's melee combat mechanics made a lot of classes feel really good - but Xotli was a great class 

Ya, that was more of an in general statement. Disciple was my favorite class of all time. Even if it wasn't as OP, it was an amazing way of bridging the melee and martial arts with healing capabilities. If I had 1 wish for Pantheon's classes, it would be to see a class like this again.

@BillMurphy? Hmm, yeah... I'd never looked at him like that. But yeah, I see what you mean. 

That's cuz the Murph has that oh so seksy voice going on.