Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Desert's NA roadmap to release(Confirms pricing in CBT2 and Cash Shop opens at release)

Jerry-BoyleJerry-Boyle Member UncommonPosts: 18
edited February 2016 in Black Desert Online
"16.02
• Pre-Download of CBT2 Client is available on your ACCOUNT page
• Winners from the Beauty & Beast contest will be announced in our forum
• Additional CBT2 keys will be distributed by end of date UTC to those who registered

17.02 | 08:00 UTC
• Everyone who reserved his name by 08:00 UTC will be able to use his reserved name during CBT2 to test this feature

18.02 | 08:00 UTC
• CBT2 will start; follow us for details about patch notesevents and news in our forum
**Relevant threads for CBT2 will be updated before CBT2 start.

22.02 | 08:00 UTC
• CBT2 will be closed
• Character Creator will be closed
Redeem page for CBT2 keys will be closed

26.02 | 08:00 UTC
Pre-Order will be closed

27.02 | 08:00 UTC
Name Reservation will be closed

28.02 | 08:00 UTC
• Soft Launch for Early Access who pre-ordered the Conqueror’s Package will begin
• Claiming process for Pre-Order Packages will begin

01.03 | 08:00 UTC
• Soft Launch for Early Access who pre-ordered the Explorer’s Package will begin

02.03 | 08:00 UTC
• Soft Launch for Early Access who pre-ordered the Traveler’s Package will begin

03.03| 08:00 UTC
• Hard Launch for everyone who purchased the game will begin

• Cash Shop will be opened

Pre-Download
• Access your ACCOUNT page to see the download button once pre-download is opened
• Pre-Order Package owners will be automatically activated for this process above
• CBT2 key holders will have to redeem their key first on the redeem page and the follow the process above

Claiming Process for Pre-Order Items
• Once the claiming process has opened, you will have to create first a character on a server of your liking
• Once created, you can claim all items yourself via our website
• Details and URL will be provided prior to the opening

Cash Shop Opening
• The Cash Shop will not be available at launch
• All items available in the Cash Shop will be available during CBT2 testing phase including pricing

Update(Via forums: http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/12768-do-not-miss-the-key-dates/&page=1):
Cash Shop Opening
• The Cash Shop will be available at launch
• All items available in the Cash Shop will be available during CBT2 testing phase including pricing"

https://www.blackdesertonline.com/news/view/58

Things to note:
"Once the claiming process has opened, you will have to create first a character on a server of your liking" could hint towards a confirmation of multiple servers as opposed to a single megaserver per region.  However this could just be poor wording on their part and they mean regions as opposed to servers.

Launch will now feature the cash shop.  Previously it was said it would not but looks like the community got them to change their prior decision.

CBT2 will feature the cash shop and pricing; likely looking for feedback on the pricing structure.  Too expensive or too cheap, etc.
Post edited by Jerry-Boyle on

Comments

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Thanks Jerry. That's some useful info there! :D

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Well, they did promise that there would be no cash shop "at launch", but that it would be there "at a later stage". 

Seven days later...
  • MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    Stickied!
  • tet666tet666 Member UncommonPosts: 295
    edited February 2016
    Just look at this shit:
    http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/12895-cash-shop-discussion/
    people are whining there cause they can't exploit the cash shop for advantages right away and have to play the game normally for a week, disgusting those ppl would take the first chance to p2w.

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    tet666 said:
    Just look at this shit:
    http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/12895-cash-shop-discussion/
    people are whining there cause they can't exploit the cash shop for advantages right away and have to play the game normally for a week, disgusting those ppl would take the first chance to p2w.

Pretty sad isn't it.

I'm beginning to lose my faith in Humanity again.

We're doomed

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    The basic preorder is $30 for game only no cb2, is that price going to increase on release? I don't want to buy the game til I have tried a demo or something and no way in hell I am paying $50 to get the 2 days of cb .
  • Jerry-BoyleJerry-Boyle Member UncommonPosts: 18
    Asheram said:
    The basic preorder is $30 for game only no cb2, is that price going to increase on release? I don't want to buy the game til I have tried a demo or something and no way in hell I am paying $50 to get the 2 days of cb .
    That is the base price for the game after release, no need to worry.  
    edited February 2016
    Asheram said:
    Yeah i think so it's also the best value atm i wouldn't pay more anyway till i know if i really want to stick around.
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Asheram said:
    The preorders get a 7 day trial pass to give away so if you might be able to get one of those to try the game out first anyway.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Pretty smooth CB2 DL. Ready to go/
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• Nayr752Nayr752 Member UncommonPosts: 172
    Anyone else getting error code 12005?. I keep getting this error when downloading the game.
    edited February 2016
    Nayr752 said:
    Anyone else getting error code 12005?. I keep getting this error when downloading the game.
    "This error is usually related to either antivirus or network problem.

Try disabling any and all AV software or any program that may interfere with your network (VPN, proxy, ping booster, e.t.c.)"

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/12907-getting-12005-error/

If further issues persist, I suggest following that link and posting in it to maybe get it sorted out.  Other threads are also there for different issues, think they released that section today.  Worth a look if you're having issues.
    Nayr752 said:
    "This error is usually related to either antivirus or network problem.

Try disabling any and all AV software or any program that may interfere with your network (VPN, proxy, ping booster, e.t.c.)"

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/12907-getting-12005-error/

If further issues persist, I suggest following that link and posting in it to maybe get it sorted out.  Other threads are also there for different issues, think they released that section today.  Worth a look if you're having issues.
    Thanks for the information. Cheers.
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Iselin said:
    Pretty smooth CB2 DL. Ready to go/
    Same here, all set! :pleased: 

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• SpectralHunterSpectralHunter Member UncommonPosts: 455
    Download was smooth and fast.  I had AV software running the whole time too.  
    I just got finished with my download. It was a nightmare getting it to download with that error.
  • BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    Yep was nice and steady this afternoon. Just need servers to go up. 
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

• Jonas_SGJonas_SG Member UncommonPosts: 475
    edited February 2016

Jerry-Boyle said:

"16.02
    • Pre-Download of CBT2 Client is available on your ACCOUNT page
    • Winners from the Beauty & Beast contest will be announced in our forum
    • Additional CBT2 keys will be distributed by end of date UTC to those who registered

17.02 | 08:00 UTC
    • Everyone who reserved his name by 08:00 UTC will be able to use his reserved name during CBT2 to test this feature

18.02 | 08:00 UTC
    • CBT2 will start; follow us for details about patch notesevents and news in our forum
    **Relevant threads for CBT2 will be updated before CBT2 start.

22.02 | 08:00 UTC
    • CBT2 will be closed
    • Character Creator will be closed
    Redeem page for CBT2 keys will be closed

26.02 | 08:00 UTC
    Pre-Order will be closed

27.02 | 08:00 UTC
    Name Reservation will be closed

28.02 | 08:00 UTC
    • Soft Launch for Early Access who pre-ordered the Conqueror’s Package will begin
    • Claiming process for Pre-Order Packages will begin

01.03 | 08:00 UTC
    • Soft Launch for Early Access who pre-ordered the Explorer’s Package will begin

02.03 | 08:00 UTC
    • Soft Launch for Early Access who pre-ordered the Traveler’s Package will begin

Pre-Download
    • Access your ACCOUNT page to see the download button once pre-download is opened
    • Pre-Order Package owners will be automatically activated for this process above
    • CBT2 key holders will have to redeem their key first on the redeem page and the follow the process above

Claiming Process for Pre-Order Items
    • Once the claiming process has opened, you will have to create first a character on a server of your liking
    • Once created, you can claim all items yourself via our website
    • Details and URL will be provided prior to the opening

Cash Shop Opening
    • The Cash Shop will not be available at launch
    • All items available in the Cash Shop will be available during CBT2 testing phase including pricing"

https://www.blackdesertonline.com/news/view/58

They just edited this message on the main forums and added:

Cash Shop Opening
    • The Cash Shop will be available at launch

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/12768-do-not-miss-the-key-dates/&page=1

Daum EU=TRION.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETxmCCsMoD0

The people on the forums literally begged them to let them throw their money at the game.
    Honestly this game will be ruined by p2w in under a few months.
  • BrutiiBrutii Member UncommonPosts: 42
    Asheram said:

You can actually buy a cb2 key from certain websites if you want to check the game. I got one for arround 1€.
    You must gather your party before venturing forth.
    Brutii said:
    Asheram said:

You can actually buy a cb2 key from certain websites if you want to check the game. I got one for arround 1€.

That's the scum that used bots to make accounts and steal mass amounts of keys from giveaways to resell them.
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Jonas_SG said:

Cash Shop Opening

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/12768-do-not-miss-the-key-dates/&page=1

So first they promised to delay the Cash Shop opening until "some time after launch" due to player demand. Everybody was happy, no P2W in BDO, "Daum listens to the players", blah, blah...

Then the timetable is published and we see that the Cash Shop is only being delayed for a week after launch.

Now suddenly DAUM announce that the Cash Shop will actually be opening on launch day !

Hilarious ! :D 
  • A1learjetA1learjet Member UncommonPosts: 258
    Jonas_SG said:

Cash Shop Opening

So first they promised to delay the Cash Shop opening until "some time after launch" due to player demand. Everybody was happy, no P2W in BDO, "Daum listens to the players", blah, blah...

Then the timetable is published and we see that the Cash Shop is only being delayed for a week after launch.

Now suddenly DAUM announce that the Cash Shop will actually be opening on launch day !

Comes down to if people are gonna throw money at you  ($$$$thousands$$$$) The people above them said  Better take that money now

• Jonas_SGJonas_SG Member UncommonPosts: 475
    edited February 2016

The big brother in Korea wasn't happy that their precious Cash shop wasn't there to empty the fat Europeans and American bank accounts. So they used the batphone to quickly fix the mistake.

Befor you know it, everyone will be playing the same Korean version, just with English translation. Now that they got the money from the players, they will do what ever they want. And they want money.

Let the Cash-extraction-simulator begin!!!!

Jonas_SG said:1

*My long Quote*

Cash Shop Opening

Daum EU=TRION.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETxmCCsMoD0

Good catch, didn't think they would reverse their plans so soon.  I was asleep when they done it by the looks of it.  I'll edit the op again.