Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Smells like Archeage 2.0

Comments

• JacobinJacobin Member RarePosts: 1,009
    edited February 2016
    Lol at reddit, the ultimate circle jerk / fanbot heaven. It actually make sense that clueless P2W apologists would congregate there.

The fact that you would list AFK crafting no less than 4 separate times as endgame content is beyond hilarious to me. And you call me the troll lol.

I actually hate PVE, but raids / dungeons are real content and require effort unlike the brain dead solo farming in BDO.

Of course rather than address any specific points you resort to the troll defense and run away - true PvP material there.

Like I said, if BDO had an actual 24/7 PvP area, like the oceans/Freedich in AA, there would at least be some guaranteed endgame PvP. It seems the main pvp is pretty much ganking while managing karma to make sure you never go red.

I guess that is why not many people complain about the gear scaling and balance. There just isn't much 'real' pvp in a pvp focused game.
  • AlleinAllein Member RarePosts: 2,139
    Jacobin said:
    raids / dungeons are real content

There just isn't much 'real' pvp in a pvp focused game.
    Translation: If it doesn't fit my subjective preferences it isn't "real" and therefore is bad.

Seems he dumped AA one month in. GW2 maybe 3 months in? Yet says other people leave once the new smell wears off... No pleasing some folks.

I'm still going with he wants to like BDO but AA nightmares keep him from buying in. Oh well, forums are apparently more entertaining than games to some.
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    edited February 2016
    Allein said:
    At this point I'm going to stop responding to you in this thread.  The only thing you've done for the past 3 months is troll this thread and I feel like I'm just feeding a troll by responding.
    But it's so fun  =)

I find people interesting and he is no exception.

13 days and counting and I won't be wasting my time responding to such negative nancys. Till then, they are good for a laugh or two.

For all the issues that Reddit might have, I appreciate that folks like him get down voted to nothing rather quickly when they don't actually have anything of worth to add beyond their disgruntled baggage. Here they seem to just drag it on for so long without accomplishing much as they kept being fed.
    Eh, it may be fun for awhile but this is seriously ridiculous.  He's singlehandedly kept this thread on the front page for 2 months (he trolled other threads for the month before that before he found this one), and I personally don't want to contribute to people thinking this game is going to be another Archeage, because I don't think it will.

As for him being interesting- yeah I guess you could put it that way...
    Eh, it may be fun for awhile but this is seriously ridiculous.  He's singlehandedly kept this thread on the front page for 2 months (he trolled other threads for the month before that before he found this one), and I personally don't want to contribute to people thinking this game is going to be another Archeage, because I don't think it will.

As for him being interesting- yeah I guess you could put it that way...
    BDO already pushing at least 350k pre-orders, no worries.

I've never come to this site for serious discussion, but rather entertainment. Once I have a game to play, won't bother.

Will be plenty of folks complaining on the official forums once the hype blinders drop a bit, but at least those folks will have played the game and won't be talking out their rear ends completely.

Curious what game he'll go after next though.
  • ChromeBallzChromeBallz Member UncommonPosts: 342

No mention that they will not put these kinds of items back into the shop after release.  F2P games have a dark history of bait and switch.  I can't count how many I have played that stated they would never put anything but cosmetic items in their shops and then.......

I can assure you that most cash shop developers have no integrity and could care less about the integrity of their game if it diminishes the monetary return they expect from the game, even if it isn't deserved or earned.

The thing is, the game is B2P in the west.

1) No B2P game has ever gone F2P.
    2) No B2P has gone P2W.

So.... what history exactly are you talking about? It seems like you are desperately trying to find something to justify your fears. Untill it happens however, the game as it is now - B2P without any P2W - is what we're getting. If it turns to F2P and becomes P2W, you're free to gloat with 'i told you so', but until then this is all conjecture and assumptions, so why not enjoy it while it lasts? :P

Playing: WF
    Played: WoW, GW2, L2, WAR, AoC, DnL (2005), GW, LotRO, EQ2, TOR, CoH (RIP), STO, TSW, TERA, EVE, ESO, BDO
    Tried: EQ, UO, AO, EnB, TCoS, Fury, Ryzom, EU, DDO, TR, RF, CO, Aion, VG, DN, Vindictus, AA

• PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977

Guild Wars 2 is F2P now... it's only the expansion that is B2P.  

Never say *ever* because the future is completely unknown until it happens.
  • TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    edited February 2016

2) No B2P has gone P2W.

So.... what history exactly are you talking about? It seems like you are desperately trying to find something to justify your fears. Untill it happens however, the game as it is now - B2P without any P2W - is what we're getting. If it turns to F2P and becomes P2W, you're free to gloat with 'i told you so', but until then this is all conjecture and assumptions, so why not enjoy it while it lasts? :P
    Isn't there like.... ONE B2P game right now?  (GW2).  That's... not exacty a very good sample size for your postulation that no B2P game has ever gone F2P or P2W.

Also GW2 DID go F2P anyways.  Which, going by our sample size of 1, is a 100% rate of B2P going F2P!  It didn't go P2W yet though at least.

(of course, maybe there are other (successful!) B2P MMOs out there.  I can't really think of any though)

I'm not sure how a B2P game that doesn't have a sub can NOT go F2P or sub or at least more focus on the cash shop (and even that last one only goes so far if it doesn't go P2W) after a long enough time.  I mean, sheer logic dictates that eventually most people will stop buying the game because they already have it.  At that point, the game needs to get money from somewhere...
  • tet666tet666 Member UncommonPosts: 295
    edited February 2016

2) No B2P has gone P2W.

Isn't there like.... ONE B2P game right now?  (GW2).  That's... not exacty a very good sample size for your postulation that no B2P game has ever gone F2P or P2W.

Also GW2 DID go F2P anyways.  Which, going by our sample size of 1, is a 100% rate of B2P going F2P!  It didn't go P2W yet though at least.

(of course, maybe there are other (successful!) B2P MMOs out there.  I can't really think of any though)

I'm not sure how a B2P game that doesn't have a sub can NOT go F2P or sub or at least more focus on the cash shop (and even that last one only goes so far if it doesn't go P2W) after a long enough time.  I mean, sheer logic dictates that eventually most people will stop buying the game because they already have it.  At that point, the game needs to get money from somewhere...

You forgot ESO  and TSW both B2P games  with very fair shops and a optional sub (which is also very fair in both games).
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    tet666 said:

You forgot ESO  and TSW both B2P games  with very fair shops and a optional sub (which is also very fair in both games).
    BDO looks fun.

These are business models that I would like to see become the norm and the type that I want to support. 

If BDO was F2P I wouldn't even bother trying it. Since they are trying the B2P route, I'm more than willing to give the game a shot. If they change their business model to something I find objectionable, I'll move on.

And I won't even QQ about it.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    tet666 said:

2) No B2P has gone P2W.

ESO has only become B2P relatively recently, hasn't it?  It's too early to reach a verdict so the jury's still out on that one, I think.

I'm not sure I'd call TSW successful...  indications I've seen are that the company is struggling.  I could be wrong, though.
  • Jerry-BoyleJerry-Boyle Member UncommonPosts: 18
    Pepeq said:

Guild Wars 2 is F2P now... it's only the expansion that is B2P.  

Never say *ever* because the future is completely unknown until it happens.
    Who plays outdated MMOs?

Nobody, this is why you can't include the previous expansion if the second still costs money.  The game as a whole still retains it's B2P status if you want to progress, if you don't you stay in the outdated version and simply not progress.
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Jacobin said:
    The fact that you would list AFK crafting no less than 4 separate times as endgame content is beyond hilarious to me. And you call me the troll lol.

I actually hate PVE, but raids / dungeons are real content and require effort unlike the brain dead solo farming in BDO.

Of course rather than address any specific points you resort to the troll defense and run away - true PvP material there.

Like I said, if BDO had an actual 24/7 PvP area, like the oceans/Freedich in AA, there would at least be some guaranteed endgame PvP. It seems the main pvp is pretty much ganking while managing karma to make sure you never go red.

I guess that is why not many people complain about the gear scaling and balance. There just isn't much 'real' pvp in a pvp focused game.
    There are several avenues to pvp in BDO.

1) owpvp "ganking" as you mentioned 
    2) Guild Wars which allows a player to fight any player from a guild they are at war with
    3) Territory wars - fights to claim strategic spots on the map which can offer huge economic benefits for guild members if you own them
    4) Open arenas in towns
    5) Instanced 3vs3 pvp (no rewards)
    6) A pvp mode called "Crimson Battlefield" which I think has been changed, but originally it was something like sanctioned owpvp between two teams.

Lots of options, and I will almost certainly be doing more pvp in BDO than in AA.

Because BDO incorporates strategy game elements, territory control is quite meaningful. For example my workers will basically double production in nodes that my guild controls. And control of some areas also lets guilds set taxes, and this is particularly interesting in BDO because of the way it handles the economy. 
  • rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788
    ahaha ... the milking has started already xD
    Buy the LOOT PET or get your pinata together hahaha
    http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/12983-wow-bdo-is-pay-to-win/

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    rawfox said:
    http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/12983-wow-bdo-is-pay-to-win/

No that's just taking advantage of lazy people. Let them I say.
  • Nayr752Nayr752 Member UncommonPosts: 172
    I hope Black Desert is not like ArcheAge. I didn't like ArcheAge at all.
    edited February 2016
    YashaX said:

2) Guild Wars which allows a player to fight any player from a guild they are at war with
    3) Territory wars - fights to claim strategic spots on the map which can offer huge economic benefits for guild members if you own them
    4) Open arenas in towns
    6) A pvp mode called "Crimson Battlefield" which I think has been changed, but originally it was something like sanctioned owpvp between two teams.

Lots of options, and I will almost certainly be doing more pvp in BDO than in AA.

Because BDO incorporates strategy game elements, territory control is quite meaningful. For example my workers will basically double production in nodes that my guild controls. And control of some areas also lets guilds set taxes, and this is particularly interesting in BDO because of the way it handles the economy. 
    Guild Wars - easily dodged due to mega server
    Node Wars - zerg fest due to mega server allowing everyone to pile in wherever they want
    Open Arena - Just for Jokes and messing around
    3v3 - Might be interesting, but its just a way to show off OP gear if there isn't match making based on gear score.

Outside of the 2 node wars a week there is no content that allows for my guild to go somewhere and find PvP, unless a guild is willing to stay in the shard and fight. Even then all you can do is spawn camp them until you get bored and leave (just like AA).
    Jacobin said:
    no content that allows for my guild to go somewhere and find PvP
    What game is your guild playing currently?
  • saurus123saurus123 Member UncommonPosts: 678
    edited February 2016
    Soki123 said:
    rawfox said:

No that's just taking advantage of lazy people. Let them I say.
    pets are must if you want to play bdo for real

later on pulling and killing takes 20% and looting 80% of your farming time

• BenjolaBenjola Member UncommonPosts: 843
    I must admit it will be fun to watch the moaning and also all the excuses suckers will come up with to defend their 'precious' when the P2W starts chocking the game.

Allthough I´m pretty sure that the same suckers wont learn anything and act exactly the same with the next juggling-rack-shiny that comes along.
    This is all deja-vu  lol.

I care about your gaming 'problems' and teenage anxieties, just not today.

• BinafusBinafus Member UncommonPosts: 230
    They are already having cash shop shenanigans
  • ChromeBallzChromeBallz Member UncommonPosts: 342
    tet666 said:

2) No B2P has gone P2W.

ESO has only become B2P relatively recently, hasn't it?  It's too early to reach a verdict so the jury's still out on that one, I think.

I'm not sure I'd call TSW successful...  indications I've seen are that the company is struggling.  I could be wrong, though.
    TSW on its own is actually doing fairly well. It's Funcom which is doing badly, not TSW itself (TSW is in fact one of the few profitable things it has left). 

Also, i still count GW2 as being B2P. The real action is in the expansion, and you don't call WoW F2P either because it lets you level to 20 for free do you? ;p

Besides, the F2P part of GW2 is basically a marketing stunt to get people to buy the expansion. You still *need* it to stay current with the game if you play it for any length of time.

Playing: WF
    Played: WoW, GW2, L2, WAR, AoC, DnL (2005), GW, LotRO, EQ2, TOR, CoH (RIP), STO, TSW, TERA, EVE, ESO, BDO
    Tried: EQ, UO, AO, EnB, TCoS, Fury, Ryzom, EU, DDO, TR, RF, CO, Aion, VG, DN, Vindictus, AA

edited February 2016
    The payment model doesn't matter.

B2P doesn't magically make Asian games that are built from the ground up to be P2W to suddenly be balanced. Its just a gimmick to get people invested early and to accept the P2W when it comes.

They are already selling underwear (LOL) and pets in the cash shop that confer in-game advantages. They are clearly just testing what they can get away with while still claiming the B2P tag.
  • JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679
    Well, after my initial experience of the game - pfffff it's a bit of a struggle init?
    The glories of the character creator seem to be immediately lost once the actual game starts.
    i don't know if it was purely down to lag, but the quest npc narratives seemed to be significantly out of sync with the text.
    There also seemed to be a miscellaneous audio transcript from someone going on.

Character movement - autopathing - turning corners - and related camera movements:
    My character turning corners looked like something out of Tron
    Not benefiting at all from the reluctance of the camera to change angle.
    Running up and down steps showed a remarkable levitation skill I didn't know my character possessed.

As well as the out of sync issues, the actual mechanics of npc interfacing came across as clunky, lacking any intuition.

I did quite a few keybinding adjustments - which I normally do being left handed - but despite showing that these had been successful, the new keys didn't operate with the correct skills. I did double/triple check and have been keybinding for years, so not sure what's going on with this.

Anyway, onward and upward.
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    JudgeUK said:
    Well, after my initial experience of the game - pfffff it's a bit of a struggle init?
    The glories of the character creator seem to be immediately lost once the actual game starts.
    i don't know if it was purely down to lag, but the quest npc narratives seemed to be significantly out of sync with the text.
    There also seemed to be a miscellaneous audio transcript from someone going on.

Character movement - autopathing - turning corners - and related camera movements:
    My character turning corners looked like something out of Tron
    Not benefiting at all from the reluctance of the camera to change angle.
    Running up and down steps showed a remarkable levitation skill I didn't know my character possessed.

As well as the out of sync issues, the actual mechanics of npc interfacing came across as clunky, lacking any intuition.

I did quite a few keybinding adjustments - which I normally do being left handed - but despite showing that these had been successful, the new keys didn't operate with the correct skills. I did double/triple check and have been keybinding for years, so not sure what's going on with this.

Anyway, onward and upward.
    Well I just spent the last 30 minutes adjusting my settings. Seems to be very important with this game. Took something that was running like shit and tuned it in nice.

Do not use Full Screen Mode in this game, preformance tanks and switching back to windowed mode doesn't give you back the performance until you restart the game.

Full Screen seems to be fubared,

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    Jacobin said:
    YashaX said:

4) Open arenas in towns

Guild Wars - easily dodged due to mega server
    Node Wars - zerg fest due to mega server allowing everyone to pile in wherever they want
    Open Arena - Just for Jokes and messing around
    3v3 - Might be interesting, but its just a way to show off OP gear if there isn't match making based on gear score.

Outside of the 2 node wars a week there is no content that allows for my guild to go somewhere and find PvP, unless a guild is willing to stay in the shard and fight. Even then all you can do is spawn camp them until you get bored and leave (just like AA).
    We're not going to have a megaserver.