Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How well do you think Bless Online will do?

Comments

• wiennaswiennas Member UncommonPosts: 67
    edited February 2016
    I have not played Bless online, to me it looks nice,  although I do play now Moonlight Blade Online (Chines version) and I have to say, the game makes way, way better impression as Black Desert Online (which I had also play - Russian version) in virtually every category, from combat system to graphics - some effects are even better as by (new) offline games, at the same time it runns (much) smother as Black Desert Online. While people claim you can play BDO even with ''middle computers'' I have GTX 950, 16GB ram,..I can play BDO on middle / high settings with 50 fps, can drop lower, while I can play Moonlight Blade on high settings and the game runns so smooth as I would play Skyrim. I am a fan of pve games, I can say that Moonlight Blade offers a lot of fun, belive it or not it does have even a healer class! A miracle in new mmos:D. Speaking from pvp, I did see some pvp and It does reminds me on SilkRoad online, where pvp's was not finished in ''few'' seconds, but could take even up to 5+ minutes,..in so far two equivalent fighters meet. I think in so far as Moonlight Blade would kick off in the west together with Black Desert Online, BDO would be empty.
  • LazzaroLazzaro Member UncommonPosts: 548
    I've watched a couple videos on Moonlight Blade and it looks actually pretty good, it's like BnS but in an open world, like Age of Wushu but much better.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Moonlight Blade looks really nice. I'm hoping we get more real info about the western release soon. We'll add it to the game list when that comes.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

I did a video from Moonlight Blade, ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThbRXG4dqYE ) I can't tell a lot about this game because I do not understand Chines, but It makes a very good impression. I do know that the game is not ''solo based'' it does require team & class play in dungeons,...If the game is open pvp or pk, frankly I have no idea, but you can see in the video that 2 people have fight each other, although I do not know if there gives a PVP option to turn on / off or was this open PK system.

• A1learjetA1learjet Member UncommonPosts: 258
    That feeling will leave you once you play it
    If you had to take a game with you to play on a deserted Island for 1 year and it was between Bless and BDO  what would you take?

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    edited February 2016
    A1learjet said:
    If you had to take a game with you to play on a deserted Island for 1 year and it was between Bless and BDO  what would you take?
    That's actually a good question. 

It feels like Black Dessert might be the better made game but maybe Bless has more exploration and a more varied world? Hard to say.

edit: looking at the Avatar's for Black Desert they look like they are done a bit better. The systems in Black desert seem to be more in depth (though this is a shallow observation as Bless is still in development I think) but Bless's world seems like it might have more.

At least as far as environments and the details in those environments. 
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    edited February 2016
    A1learjet said:
    Depends on how much PVE or PVP you like, if it's the later then it's Bless but if you like more PVP then it's BDO. Plus Bless is tag targeting and semi action combat, i actually prefer tag targeting/ semi action.

• ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    A1learjet said:
    Black desert, it takes at least a year to make your character in that game
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Bless 

BDO 

Bless 

BDO 
    Yeah, I saw his Bless first impressions but after a while he comes off as a petulant child. It was hard to watch.

Which is a shame because I enjoyed his play through up to the point he started getting annoyed and then he seemed like some adolescent child.

Granted, I get that he didn't like Bless' combat and I felt he made some valid points but I also  felt he was really over reacting. Still, it is something and people can decide for themselves.

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Sovrath said:
    Bless 

BDO 
    Yeah, I saw his Bless first impressions but after a while he comes off as a petulant child. It was hard to watch.

Which is a shame because I enjoyed his play through up to the point he started getting annoyed and then he seemed like some adolescent child.

Granted, I get that he didn't like Bless' combat and I felt he made some valid points but I also  felt he was really over reacting. Still, it is something and people can decide for themselves.
    Agree seen them as well and as thus I really enjoy both exploration,pvp  and Had played GW2  but enjoyed it Up till new content was exhausted . Both games seem like they will be decent but which if you had to take just 1

And yes his issues with combat shying me off of Bless  atm

A1learjet said:

Agree seen them as well and as thus I really enjoy both exploration,pvp  and Had played GW2  but enjoyed it Up till new content was exhausted . Both games seem like they will be decent but which if you had to take just 1

Well, I've played Black Desert and for the most part, for my tastes, it is the game I am planning to play.

Until I actually get my hands on Bless, I can't exactly say. In truth, I just want an open world, more grinding than quests (or at least the option to grind), open world dungeons and sieges.

I know that Black Desert has sieges but not a "lot" of open world dungeons.

Still, it's the game that will release here first so it's kind of a no brainer.

Sovrath said:
    A1learjet said:

Well, I've played Black Desert and for the most part, for my tastes, it is the game I am planning to play.

Until I actually get my hands on Bless, I can't exactly say. In truth, I just want an open world, more grinding than quests (or at least the option to grind), open world dungeons and sieges.

I know that Black Desert has sieges but not a "lot" of open world dungeons.

Still, it's the game that will release here first so it's kind of a no brainer.
    Yea same agree. untill  I can beta Bless  same boat I guess

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    Moonlight Blade looks really nice. I'm hoping we get more real info about the western release soon. We'll add it to the game list when that comes.
    Moonlight Blade is hands-down my most anticipated game right now. I'm really hoping that it will see a release this year.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• Vermillion_RaventhalVermillion_Raventhal Member EpicPosts: 4,198
    Aeander said:
    Moonlight Blade is hands-down my most anticipated game right now. I'm really hoping that it will see a release this year.
    Reminds me of Dynasty Warriors. 
  • Cybersig211Cybersig211 Member UncommonPosts: 173

Probably the same as all the other mega Korean imports.  It will have a decent home turf following, the NA/EU markets will have a high peak early on then need to resort to "global server" status to keep the game world populated.  That or it will get some lazy 3rd party publisher like webzen that will botch everything about the game and close it after a few people spend a few thousand each on it like with most their games.

If Aion can be so popular over there and struggle so hard here, I have little faith in anything more than a devout niche of hardcore players and a giant mass of global 100% free players and TONS of bots/spammers.

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    Aeander said:
    Reminds me of Dynasty Warriors. 
    Well, Dynasty Warriors is pretty much my drug of choice.
  • ElirionLothElirionLoth Member UncommonPosts: 308
    Sovrath said:
    Bless 

BDO 

Agreed.  He seemed annoyed that he couldn't take on large groups of mobs at the same time without dying.  The combat seems tuned to only be able to fight 1-2 mobs at a time but he wants to blame it on the combat.  I can enjoy both action combat and tab targeting combat but I prefer tab targeting in group play because it feels more tactical and more proper for an RPG.  To me, your character's skill and progression should be more important than the player's ability to mash buttons properly. 

I'll have to wait and make my own opinion on the combat system because this guy's opinion seems to be based on liking a very particular style of combat and gameplay. 

• LazzaroLazzaro Member UncommonPosts: 548
    Is there housing in the game?
    edited February 2016
    From what I have saw and figure out in Moonlight Blade, If you do not like ''Age Of Wushu'' style, you would probably not like Moonlight Blade. To a large extent is the game quite similar to Age Of Wushu, with the difference that Moonlight Blade does offer more pve content in the sense of dungeons,..which are not solo based. At the same time it does offer more team-role play. The character development is similar ''complicated'' as by Age Of Wushu. The game is  as Age Of Wushu, open PVP-PK, with hunters - bodyguards, outlaws, prisons,...from what I have see in the game, the PK-protection system does seems to work better as in Age Of Wushu, I was not attacked yet, at the same time I do not see PK stuff on every corner, as you could see in Age of Wushu at the start. Currently is the max. lvl 80 or 85 ( can't remember anymore), which can be achieved or is achieved from people who play a lot within two months. There is also a daily exp lvl cap. How does it exactly work I don't know, I think it is also linked to Chinese law where people under 18 years, cannot play longer as 5h / day. When you create an account, you have to prove your age, with a passport nummber,...I have write by registration fake information, which treats me as I'm under 18 years old, those accounts have various restrictions. You also can't run whole day only dungeons and get tons of exp, as far I know, you can run the same dungeon only 2 times at day, after it you don't get lvl exp anymore, you get some different exp as a ''helper or something like that'' in a dungeon. Even if I don't understand Chines, thus anything in the game,...to me it still makes more fun as Guild Wars 2, the entire environment, atmosphere,...is so amazing there:D, you do feel like you are telepored back in ancient china where you play a role in Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon:D.

• LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327
    wiennas said:
    From what I have saw and figure out in Moonlight Blade, If you do not like ''Age Of Wushu'' style, you would probably not like Moonlight Blade. To a large extent is the game quite similar to Age Of Wushu, with the difference that Moonlight Blade does offer more pve content in the sense of dungeons,..which are not solo based. At the same time it does offer more team-role play. The character development is similar ''complicated'' as by Age Of Wushu. The game is  as Age Of Wushu, open PVP-PK, with hunters - bodyguards, outlaws, prisons,...from what I have see in the game, the PK-protection system does seems to work better as in Age Of Wushu, I was not attacked yet, at the same time I do not see PK stuff on every corner, as you could see in Age of Wushu at the start. Currently is the max. lvl 80 or 85 ( can't remember anymore), which can be achieved or is achieved from people who play a lot within two months. There is also a daily exp lvl cap. How does it exactly work I don't know, I think it is also linked to Chinese law where people under 18 years, cannot play longer as 5h / day. When you create an account, you have to prove your age, with a passport nummber,...I have write by registration fake information, which treats me as I'm under 18 years old, those accounts have various restrictions. You also can't run whole day only dungeons and get tons of exp, as far I know, you can run the same dungeon only 2 times at day, after it you don't get lvl exp anymore, you get some different exp as a ''helper or something like that'' in a dungeon. Even if I don't understand Chines, thus anything in the game,...to me it still makes more fun as Guild Wars 2, the entire environment, atmosphere,...is so amazing there:D, you do feel like you are telepored back in ancient china where you play a role in Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon:D.

You are describing the Chinese version.  When the game hits NA/EU, it will go through a localization process that will change the game play to fit the NA/EU game play culture.  In other words, the NA/EU version will differ from many of the game play features mentioned in your post above.  
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    DMKano said:

possibly the last one ever.

Stop scaring me. 

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests