Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

end new

13»

Comments

• Nayr752Nayr752 Member UncommonPosts: 172
    Ive never played EVE Online, is it any fun?.
  • uplink4242uplink4242 Member UncommonPosts: 258
    Nayr752 said:
    it depends what you find fun. It's a great social game for starters.
    Nayr752 said:
    it depends what you find fun. It's a great social game for starters.
    Nice. I'm looking for a new game to play so I was just curious. Thanks.
    If you're interested in getting started I can send you a trial link (21 days) and offer some basic guidance in the game.

If you end up subscribing I will earn 1 month of gametime which you can have if you want.
    If you're interested in getting started I can send you a trial link (21 days) and offer some basic guidance in the game.

If you end up subscribing I will earn 1 month of gametime which you can have if you want.
    Sure I'll take it. Thanks.
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    Nayr752 said:
    Yes. Especially together with others in a group, either the super helpful ones (a la EVE University), the super chaotic ones (a la Goons) or the super focussed ones (fighters a la Pandemic Legion ). But even alone it has a tremendous amounts of content to offer. Even after 12 years there is still so much new things i discover.

Have fun
    Erillion said:
    Nayr752 said:
    Yes. Especially together with others in a group, either the super helpful ones (a la EVE University), the super chaotic ones (a la Goons) or the super focussed ones (fighters a la Pandemic Legion ). But even alone it has a tremendous amounts of content to offer. Even after 12 years there is still so much new things i discover.

Have fun
    Nice, thanks for the information.
  • vanderghastvanderghast Member UncommonPosts: 309
    OP you missed a big choice, NOTHING AT ALL. I dont like nothing at all about EVE
    Agree.  Eve is a steaming cesspool of a game that requires zero skill and is more of a chat room with spreadsheets in space.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    edited February 2016
    Unfortunately the "bad man" touched some people in the wrong places and they have trouble getting over it.
     :p 

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985
    Kyleran said:
    Unfortunately the "bad man" touched some people in the wrong places and they have trouble getting over it.
     :p 

Amazing the effect that a video game (of all things) can have on certain people...

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Nayr752 said:
    depends on what you like.

Combat was very boring to me. PvE was very boring for me. So no .. it is not fun for me. 
  • anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,903
    joeri123 said:
    Can somebody tell me if this game is worth to play right now as a new player? I'm not super interested in pvp, only pve and exploring and maybe some gathering.  

Will I be able to reach any significant content while playing this game casually? (2-3h every other day).
    There are some things you can do a bit more casually than that.   Faction warfare(even without the intention to PvPer), Exploration as well, planetary interaction, mission-ing, and a few others.   After you have some capital you could get into production as well.

I personally would do Exploration as a newbie.   it has a good advancement path from newbie levels all the way to "max tier"/"Sov"/"whatever" gameplay.   You also get to touch pretty every other part of gameplay, and it'll teach you to not be "afraid" of low/null as a neutral player.  Basically you get to see enough of EvE that you can figure out where you want to go.

Other area's could end up making you feeling a little bit sour.   Wouldn't recomend Wormhole space even after your character is skilled up, or Sov space.   Both of those require you to "respond" to the game, and/or the whims of other players.

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."

edited February 2016
    Personally I like the freedom of play and the amount of creative things you can do. I do enjoy being part of an actual game world. I won't deny that the core Eve gameplay is old and dated back from the UO days (and was already meh by those standards), but to me it does everything an MMORPG should do.

When I want to play immersive, storytelling games with great gameplay I have a large steam library of single player games instead of single player quest grinding simulators which are most of today's mmo's.