Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blade and Soul Review by a Lv 45

2»

Comments

• doodeskaderdoodeskader Member UncommonPosts: 32
    PvP ?  1 vs 1   3 vs 3 . That is 1998 pvp. Why make a mmo if you cant fight 100 vs 100.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    edited February 2016
    PvP ?  1 vs 1   3 vs 3 . That is 1998 pvp. Why make a mmo if you cant fight 100 vs 100.

100v100 is a cool concept but I've never been able to play it, in reality.  Plus any large group pvp just comes down to zerging in the end.

1v1/3v3 is about personal skill.

The MMO part is for when you want to chill out between pvp.

I've finally gotten a bit better at pvp in this game and people are starting to give up fights.  It's pretty satisfying because it took a bit to figure it out to this point.  The combat system is pretty deep.
  • AstropuyoAstropuyo Member RarePosts: 2,178
    All you gotta do to survive the BnS terribad side quest text is simply spam space.

All of em are often pretty terribly written and are just entry points to linear tasks.
    I just wish games would finally just go "Here are objectives on this area...go for it".
    I don't need to know why a cat needs a magic grass root to make it into a better mouse slayer of which I had to kill 5 of for the cat.

I don't. I really don't need anymore awful terribad reasons to do the objectives. I just want my tasks, my risks and my rewards.

I have yet to play a quest in any mmo that wasn't often...Just so damned lazy. Literally nothing has changed since the EQ days.
  • doodeskaderdoodeskader Member UncommonPosts: 32

100v100 is a cool concept but I've never been able to play it, in reality.  Plus any large group pvp just comes down to zerging in the end.

I've finally gotten a bit better at pvp in this game and people are starting to give up fights.  It's pretty satisfying because it took a bit to figure it out to this point.  The combat system is pretty deep.
    I played mmo's with  100 vs 100  PvP  with fluid gameplay and fps. Not many, but there were a few.

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    Of course you gave it a good review you are level 45 already, that means you are a rabid fanbois.
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    edited February 2016

I played mmo's with  100 vs 100  PvP  with fluid gameplay and fps. Not many, but there were a few.

Even if somehow you were able to get fluid gameplay and fps, super large scale pvp like that is just about zerging and AOE skills.  Not so much personal skill and challenging yourself, which is what I like about PVP.

What's so cool about this game is the equalized 1v1 pvp is what really matters, but there's also a pretty decent MMO attached to it that you can mess around in.  You also have to do some PVEing for extra skillpoints and to unlock hongmoon skills.

Normally the instanced PVP is an afterthought and just supplements the PVE.  In this game it's the other way around.

As for "why do instanced PVP in an MMO"- it's fun.