Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So, what are you playing?

KopogeroKopogero Member UncommonPosts: 1,685
For the first half of 2016 have you decided what you are or will be playing? I honestly don't know yet. I might try Devilian end of this week and Path of Exile next month from F2P. From B2P/P2P, I honestly dunno...For me I'm trying to find a multiplayer game with strong endgame character progression that it's not about chasing achievements like kill/craft 100,000 things or level 10+ alts to max level.

Legion, Lineage Eternal, Lost Ark, Tree of Savior are the first MMO's I have hype left in 2nd half of 2016. Then there is these other ones like Chronicles of Elyria, Camelot Unchained, Crowfall and Warhammer 40k...hopefully one of them won't be a disappointment. I also would love if I can find some other non traditional kill/raid pvp/pve type game with progression like Pangya was while ago.

So, what are you playing or will be playing in the first half of 2016?

Comments

• KabulozoKabulozo Member RarePosts: 932
    I'm stuck in single player games until a MMO worth playing appears. Maybe Lineage Eternal can put me in the business again if they replicate the magic of Lineage 1.
  • IAmMMOIAmMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,462
    Wastland 2
  • Xeno.phonXeno.phon Member UncommonPosts: 350
    edited February 2016
    Naval Action. A great new EA MMO on steam....if you like the age of sail anyway.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/311310/

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    Vendetta Online, and I'm also having a lot of fun in the kickstarted (not a backer) squad-tactics and arranged-marriage simulator Massive Chalice.  Dwarf Fortress I am taking a hiatus from but I plan to go back to at some point; it is a dauntingly complex game: learning to play feels how I imagine learning to read hieroglyphics does.

I am also learning to code Java in my spare time, while approaching it like a game.

The last time I played Vendetta Online, I had something like this happen to me:

Except it was only 2v1; however, they were scrubs, and I had to show them so.  I don't always come out on top like that, so now I'm almost afraid to log back in: I just want to let the experience simmer for a while.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    As of right this minute Duelyst and FinalFantasy 3,not the FFVI so called copy but the real FF3.

I sometimes dabble in FFXI for a bit,i just like the combat and classes,no other game captures me in those two area.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Naruto Shipupuden Ninja Storm 4, WWE 2k16 and Blade And Soul.

Blade And Soul will take a back seat once Black Desert launches.  =)
  • 4Renziks4Renziks Member UncommonPosts: 390
    playing wildstar as well as league. will be trying BDO and albion at some point.  as far as mobile iam playing FF IX and crashlands. 

playing: Dragon Age
    Waiting: for FF14, Mass Effect
    Want to try: Fallen Earth

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    My six EVE subs just autorenewed for another year, so not seeing much else on the near horizon

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• kjempffkjempff Member RarePosts: 1,759
    edited February 2016
    Games I have played this winter.
    Banished: Sort of ok because it is unforgiving, but still a bit to go to reach the good Settlers 2-3 and 6.
    Warframe: Pretty fun but grindy as hell, and lacks diversity and character progression.
    Devilian: Had a blast for exactly two weeks, then suddenly I was done with it.
    ARK Survival Evolved: To return at a later date. I found it a bit too tedious and I never found a server with good rules.. because you can't seach for servers with specific rules.
    Earlier 2015:
    Firefall: Loved it, nice class and coop mechanics. Themeparkish but the world is kindda open. Good potential and I will be coming back once it has matured more.
    Dungeon Defenders 2: They really can't seem to hit the magic of DD1 in my opinion, but I know some likes it.
    EQ2 Progression: It was fun to see the old places and with plenty players to run with, but when the first expansion hit I burned out.

• ArchlyteArchlyte Member RarePosts: 1,405
    SWG Reckoning. Found a home and a cure for my MMORPG blues.
    MMORPG players are often like Hobbits: They don't like Adventures
  • simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    Blade&Soul and League. 
  • huntersamhuntersam Member UncommonPosts: 210
    i have been playing a lot of indie games on the ps4 the main pc game i have come back to is lotro . but i am having fun wiuth rebel galaxy and i picked up the remaining lego games on steam when they had thier sale (They are of course for the nephew)
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Vendetta Online, and I'm also having a lot of fun in the kickstarted (not a backer) squad-tactics and arranged-marriage simulator Massive Chalice.  Dwarf Fortress I am taking a hiatus from but I plan to go back to at some point; it is a dauntingly complex game: learning to play feels how I imagine learning to read hieroglyphics does.

I am also learning to code Java in my spare time, while approaching it like a game.

The last time I played Vendetta Online, I had something like this happen to me:

Except it was only 2v1; however, they were scrubs, and I had to show them so.  I don't always come out on top like that, so now I'm almost afraid to log back in: I just want to let the experience simmer for a while.
    Massive Chalice ..+1 very cool unique spin on a 4x ..
  • kjempffkjempff Member RarePosts: 1,759
    edited February 2016
    There is no better way to learn than while trying to create a game. Check out LibGDX the best java game development library... and start with really low ambitions so you don't burn out on complexity on the first try :D .. and small steps is the key, make something work, add/change something and make that work, repeat.
  • FonclFoncl Member UncommonPosts: 347
    edited February 2016
    I managed to get a Black Desert beta key from some Italian site so will be trying that out in two days, first MMORPG I touch in a while. I'm going to play through Planescape Torment and Commandos 2 soon, two of my favourite childhood games.

Other games I'll most likely play are Civilization 5, Europa Universalis IV, Cities Skylines, Path of Exile, Quake Live, Unreal Tournament, CS:GO, Transport tycoon.

Games that aren't released but look interesting are Stellaris, Hearts of Iron IV, Transocean 2, Camelot Unchained, Master of Orion.

• v_Vev_Ve Member UncommonPosts: 311
    I recently came back to ESO.

Witty & Wicked >:)

• Nayr752Nayr752 Member UncommonPosts: 172
    I'm playing Guild Wars 2 right now and some Final Fantasy Online; A Realm Reborn.
  • NirimetusNirimetus Member UncommonPosts: 34
    Currently i am playing more PoE, but i alternate between Divine Divinity Enhanced Edition, Elite Dangerous, Mount Your Friends, Melody's Escape, Mercenary Kings, Darkspore or anything that i find on my laptop, honestly i am freaking bored to death waiting for Tree of Savior.
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    D3, fallout 4, probably Life is Strange.
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    X-Com 2 and SWTOR mostly. Played a bit of BnS too while waiting for Black Desert.
    With a new game on my mind, all of the others have been suffering a bit. :D

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• Phixion13Phixion13 Member UncommonPosts: 190
    Wildstar - dat Redmoon raid , Wasteland 2, thinking of going back and playing Planescape Torment
  • rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Attila: Total War and the occasional Dragon's Dogma.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    kjempff said:
    There is no better way to learn than while trying to create a game. Check out LibGDX the best java game development library... and start with really low ambitions so you don't burn out on complexity on the first try :D .. and small steps is the key, make something work, add/change something and make that work, repeat.
    As long as you grasp the basic concept of object oriented programming, inheritance, loops, and arrays you will be fine.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• gr33narrowgr33narrow Member UncommonPosts: 4
    ESO all the way. B2P, no P2W. Superb graphics. Great gameplay. New DLC on the way. Oodles of Community Add-ons.