Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Conan Exiles - Bringing Hyboria into the New Age of Smaller Scale MMOs a Interviews at MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• MornaBaineMornaBaine Member CommonPosts: 1
    Here's hoping Funcom has learned from all the painful mistakes they made with Age of Conan that left it the pitiful shell of a game it is today. They ever let Craig Morrison near another project I will go full barbarian on them! LOL But I am cautiously excited about this game. Especially the prospect of private servers. I hope character creation is robust and detailed and I hope the same for the building system. I have longed for a game that makes it feel as if my characters truly LIVE in the world. Let's hope this is it. And if you're interested in roleplaying in this game, please come join the Conan Exiles RP community at: http://conanexilesrp.enjin.com/home
  • BluddwolfBluddwolf Member UncommonPosts: 355
    Being a huge Conan fan, and having my fill of MMOs, I'm excited about this game.

Played: E&B, SWG, Eve, WoW, COH, WAR, POTBS, AOC, LOTRO, AUTO.A, AO, FE, TR, WWII, MWO, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, NWO, WoP, RUST, LIF, SOA, MORTAL, DFUW, AA, TF, PFO, ALBO, and many many others....

• JackieRyderJackieRyder Member UncommonPosts: 145
    shut up and take my money right now funcom
  • BluddwolfBluddwolf Member UncommonPosts: 355

Po_gg said:

Nice interview Garrett. Too bad there's no word about the single side of the game :wink:
    I'm still on the fence with the gods, nobody in there choose a god let alone jumping around them with a flick of a toggle simply because of the benefits - true, it won't be an rpg. And at least it won't be a berry-chewing sim either :lol:

Also I'm a bit puzzled about the lore, how will they make it Hyboria? With AoC they could build upon a well-defined geographical setting, using all the
    books for historcal references, whilst having a free hand to develop
    their own storylines.
    In Exiles there will be an intro with Conan, and occasionally an incoming army under the banner of one of the neighborhood kingdoms - beyond that it's an empty wasteland which could be in any IP, placed in an area mostly undefined by Howard. Good for developers, since they can fill it any way they want, but a more difficult job to give the feel of Hyboria. Probably the mentioned ruins will be Acherónian, since Funcom already used that pretty well in AoC, and they could add more background pieces to the picture through Exiles.

There are a few of us trying to give an educated guess as to where the setting will begin. The Developers have said an unclaimed land stretching from Cimmeria to Stygia, but one that also has several climates from icy fields to desert. This really only leaves the long expanse of what is Shem, along the eastern edge of the Kzankian Mountains.

http://hyboria.xoth.net/maps/chrysagon_hyboria.jpg

Played: E&B, SWG, Eve, WoW, COH, WAR, POTBS, AOC, LOTRO, AUTO.A, AO, FE, TR, WWII, MWO, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, NWO, WoP, RUST, LIF, SOA, MORTAL, DFUW, AA, TF, PFO, ALBO, and many many others....

• WolfsheadWolfshead Member UncommonPosts: 224
    I cant wait to play this game and if just half as nice and good gameplay as AoC was i cant wait and honest play on private server with my gf and clsoe friends wow cant wait to try that one out and hope we can pre order it soon!!!