Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tera did something interesting... I think i know why

2»

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    It showed you two things,FREE access is like a honeymoon,never there too long,so you were playing with a fake guild and fake TERA players.
    Then as usual every new game pops up people go running and begin to race as fast as possible,you just witnessed a pile of gamer's that have no clue what they are doing or where they are going,they do not belong in a mmorpg.
    So it is not about weather TERA  is right or wrong,you'll never change that type of gamer mentality.As i always say ,you are better off in a paid game,you get a more true atmosphere of players that want to be there and are serious about the game.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854
    Wizardry said:
    It showed you two things,FREE access is like a honeymoon,never there too long,so you were playing with a fake guild and fake TERA players.
    Then as usual every new game pops up people go running and begin to race as fast as possible,you just witnessed a pile of gamer's that have no clue what they are doing or where they are going,they do not belong in a mmorpg.
    So it is not about weather TERA  is right or wrong,you'll never change that type of gamer mentality.As i always say ,you are better off in a paid game,you get a more true atmosphere of players that want to be there and are serious about the game.

There is no way I'd argue with you, as you are 100% correct. It's why i tried to resist i wanted to stay with Tera and it's not like I've left, I'm still going to play Tera but now my focus is once again splintered and why? Free access.

I joined the top guild on my Tera server and they too are void of players and have actually changed their motto to semi active guild. lol I really should have researched which server to join and now to lose everything and go to a new server, that costs money.

It really is a shame as to what has happened to the mmorpg genre,  i used to play "a" mmo for years not month(s) before moving to another one.

I hate to say it but it has come down to "if you can't beat em, join em" in some respect.
    My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    edited January 2016
    scorpex-x said:
    Same as if a girl leaves you for another guy and you want her back, don't try get her back right away.  Wait a while till the "new car smell" goes and move in and take her back with ease.

worst example ever lol , a girl that leaves you for another guy is a girl u dont want as gf

B&S combat is awesome , fast fun and with lots of combos...and is a combat u dont master in 2 days...plust skill points can change how skills work or getting a new skill even.
  • scorpex-xscorpex-x Member RarePosts: 1,030
    edited January 2016
    Skuall said:
    scorpex-x said:
    Same as if a girl leaves you for another guy and you want her back, don't try get her back right away.  Wait a while till the "new car smell" goes and move in and take her back with ease.

worst example ever lol , a girl that leaves you for another guy is a girl u dont want as gf

B&S combat is awesome , fast fun and with lots of combos...and is a combat u dont master in 2 days...plust skill points can change how skills work or getting a new skill even.
    You didn't get the point I was making.

Anyway, all new mmo titles are awesome amazing and anything else you want to call them.  Once the grind and RNG kicks in, less so and at that point they are no different than every other mmo on the market.

As I say, most have terrible memories and repeat the same I LOVE IT > THIS IS BORING routine every single time without fail.

Blade and soul isn't amazing by any stretch of the imagination, in terms of quality GW2 and ESO were far better.  I don't know if I would say Tera is better than B&S, if anything they are around the same so let's calm down this silly butterfly effect with a new game every time.  All it has is new, that lasts 1-2 months.  Blade and Soul has just as many, if not more issues than Tera and it's just as old in real terms.
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    that b&S will last 2-3 months yeah , ppl will come back for the warlock and new dungeons when the patch gets implemented , outside that the only thing going for B&S is the 1v1 pvp
    Skuall said:
    that b&S will last 2-3 months yeah , ppl will come back for the warlock and new dungeons when the patch gets implemented , outside that the only thing going for B&S is the 1v1 pvp
    I'm glad blade and soul is around (finally), I'm very much an mmo hopper these days.

I'm just sick of some people that gush to extreme levels on any new mmo and then hate on it a month or two later.  It's fun, it has major issues that are very similar to Tera (horrible performance in busy areas, rng, grind, lack of content, lack of races, gender and race locking to name a few). 

Just nice for some people to keep perspective and look back how they did the same thing with lots of other mmo titles they no longer can be bothered to even log into.
  • LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327
    How about we just enjoy it for what it is now and hold off on the hate for when it does become a bore, if it ever does?

Novel concept in an MMO forum, I know.
    How about we just enjoy it for what it is now and hold off on the hate for when it does become a bore, if it ever does?

"if it ever does"
    Unless you are going to tell me this is the best mmo ever made it will go the same way they ALL did, it's at the core just another korean rng/grinder with a big cash shop and korean devs that don't care about the western players.

Anyone that has issues with Tera will find the same issues and more here, trust me there is a lot under that new surface to drive players away and make them hate it.  Anything you can name that's bad in Tera, GW2, ESO or anything else is to be found here too, and then some.

As I said, it's new and players have the memory of a goldfish here.  Lots of western players played the korean version and went back to their previous game within a few months.

It is what it is (a nice pvp game) but lets not get carried away making it outs some big deal, it's not.
  • LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327
    scorpex-x said:

"if it ever does"
    Unless you are going to tell me this is the best mmo ever made it will go the same way they ALL did, it's at the core just another korean rng/grinder with a big cash shop and korean devs that don't care about the western players.

Anyone that has issues with Tera will find the same issues and more here, trust me there is a lot under that new surface to drive players away and make them hate it.  Anything you can name that's bad in Tera, GW2, ESO or anything else is to be found here too, and then some.

As I said, it's new and players have the memory of a goldfish here.  Lots of western players played the korean version and went back to their previous game within a few months.

It is what it is (a nice pvp game) but lets not get carried away making it outs some big deal, it's not.

Cool, but where is the harm in enjoying it for now without having to deal with the crystal ball of doom?  It's free to play.  Let's just enjoy it for what its worth now and worry about the bore that it will become when it does.  Doesn't that sound logical?  Unless of course, we just want to hate on it for own personal reasons, whatever those might be.  If that's the case, then by all means carry on.
  • HellscreamHellscream Member UncommonPosts: 98
    Only 1 thing that really turns me away from BnS is no healer tank type classes. As i love being the healer/tank most fun in a game for me only thing that keeps me from playing it.
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    edited January 2016
    I don't know.  Blade and Soul kind of takes TERA's best quality- the action combat- and does it better.  Also TERA graphics look a bit dated in comparison.

I haven't gotten to endgame yet in Blade and Soul but I'm willing to bet TERA's PVE is better.  Having a trinity-type system is hard to beat in dungeons, and some of those boss fights were hard as balls.

PVP seems to be hands down in Blade and Soul's favor, though.

I'm not sure how many people play TERA for the PVE, but I imagine most of the rest will migrate to Blade and Soul.
    edited January 2016
    I don't know.  Blade and Soul kind of takes TERA's best quality- the action combat- and does it better.  Also TERA graphics look a bit dated in comparison.

I haven't gotten to endgame yet in Blade and Soul but I'm willing to bet TERA's PVE is better.  Having a trinity-type system is hard to beat in dungeons, and some of those boss fights were hard as balls.

PVP seems to be hands down in Blade and Soul's favor, though.

I'm not sure how many people play TERA for the PVE, but I imagine most of the rest will migrate to Blade and Soul.
    Blade and soul and Tera came out at the same time, Tera can't look dated by comparison because they came out at the same time.

They are both 4 year old titles, I know graphics are down to taste but i'm hard pushed to agree that Tera looks dated when compared to Blade and Soul at all.  I mean I could go along with you if you said it about XIV and there you could at least argue the case back and fourth but Blade and Soul is behind both.

Tera graphics:

Blade and Soul graphics:

As for how many will migrate?  this isn't a Tera vs Blade and soul issue.  It's a MMO wide issue, many XIV players will migrate, many ESO players will migrate and most who test out blade and soul from whatever game they came from will go back to the game they were originally on.   To most players B&S is nothing more than a distraction.

This happened with every mmo that has came out, Blade and Soul is not a new occurrence.  People left every mmo to play gw2, most went back to the anchor mmo they played before..but enough stayed to sustain it.  Every other mmo took a hit to give GW2 life but it didn't kill anything nor did it make the world catch fire. 

If a game as good as gw2 didn't change anything neither will Blade and Soul, blade and soul is a one trick pony, that's all it will ever be because it's an old game.
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    edited January 2016
    Just because they came out at the same time doesn't mean they necessarily have the same graphics quality...

Spell effects are very flashy in TERA but overall the quality is lower imo.  It's a matter of taste I suppose.

TERA's graphics aren't bad per se, it's just that Blade and Soul has really outstanding graphics for its performance.

Also I disagree that Blade and Soul isn't big competition for TERA.  People generally like TERA for the action combat, and like I said Blade and Soul, imo, does it better.

If you like your action combat in a pve group setting, or if you like Elins (not a diss- I think Elins are cool), you'd have a good reason to stay.
  • silvax69silvax69 Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Having been around playing MMO's since before Everquest.  The thing about most is that Free wins, and when flavours change, they change at times. I mean look at the graphics of Everquest. Its still being played to this day.

Now I have played BnS, and I found it interesting, a little flair, but its takes so many of the old MMO stuff that its just flavoured old meat.

I Would also like to add that BnS the story is not compelling, its boring, the only interesting thing is the fact you can float long distances.  Rest of the combat I found too TERA like.  Most say BnS fighting is better. Really? If you have played as long as I have, you would not say that.  Each MMO has a certain flare, and others will come and go, and every MMO will bring in its "newness" to the party to try and pull people.

I myself Like Tera cause I am a PVE type person, PVP to me is just stressful and not worth it. I am playing a game to enjoy, not fight and stress out over.

Thats my view anyway, take what you want from it. Peace.
  • KamishitoeKamishitoe Member UncommonPosts: 8
    As someone who played B&S, BDO and TERA, I can easily say TERA is my favourite. For BDO I got a 7-day key from here and played for a total of 1 day and left... the game is completely boring. B&S, made it to lvl 30 got my first purple, got bored. Never went back. TERA, I have currently 1 lvl 65 character, 5 lvl 60 characters and i'm lvling a couple of others, the 3 new classes ( brawler, ninja, gunner), a zerker and a mystic. I love TERA and I'll keep playing it until it closes. The only other MMO I'll play in addition to TERA is Neverwinter, and I find them both better than B&S and BDO.
    "In the midst of battle, I shall have no fear."
  • SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360
    edited June 2016

Why did you have to necro this?

Now I feel the urge to try Tera again, didnt know they had these many new classes :pleased: 
    If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • KamishitoeKamishitoe Member UncommonPosts: 8

Why did you have to necro this?

Now I feel the urge to try Tera again, didnt know they had these many new classes :pleased: 
    Sorry! xD I had no idea this was dead, I was just taking a looking because I was bored during class and decide to add my 2 cents on the issue :p
    "In the midst of battle, I shall have no fear."
  • Mackaveli44Mackaveli44 Member RarePosts: 710
    Is anyone on this thread actively playing TERA?  If so, how is the population on the servers?  I really enjoyed the game back when I played it and have no MMO's to play right now for a few months.  I don't trust the developers website server status page because it says all the servers are high but is that legit?  I enjoyed the challenge that BAMS provided and the dungeons.  They were fun.