Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A little info on this game please.

Tasslehoff35Tasslehoff35 Member UncommonPosts: 962
So I got the beta key today maybe I've been under a rock or busy but this is the first I've heard of this game....any info on this game?  Sandbox/Themepark ,Asian/Western ,trinity/non trinity ect ect.  Thanks.  

Comments

• tet666tet666 Member UncommonPosts: 295
    edited February 2016
    Mix of theme park with some sandbox elements but it's not that involved compared to a real sandbox.  Best way to describe it is it's a Korean grinder with very pretty gfx and a action combat system, expect heavy rng for gear upgrades and such.
    Not trinity but there is no party content anyway 99% solo game play, no dungeons,raids or whatever.
    Endgame is mostly grinding mobs and Guild vs Guild + Sieges or ganking if you are into that, there are some open world bosses nothing to involved they are just tank n spank and obviously involve pvp as well.
    Actually there really is no endgame since there is no real lvl cap you just continue lvling after you reach the current soft cap after that you get xp at a snails pace and just grind after you run out of quests (which are mostly grinding mobs as well it's a Korean grinder as i said above).

Post edited by tet666 on
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    tet666 said:
    Mix of theme park with some sandbox elements but it's not that involved compared to a real sandbox.  Best way to describe it is it's a Korean grinder with very pretty gfx and a action combat system, expect heavy rng for gear upgrades and such.
    Not trinity but there is no party content anyway 99% solo game play, no dungeons,raids or whatever.
    Endgame is mostly grinding mobs and Guild vs Guild + Sieges or ganking if you are into that, there are some open world bosses nothing to involved they are just tank n spank and obviously involve pvp as well.
    Actually there really is no endgame since there is no real lvl cap you just continue lvling after you reach the current soft cap after that you get xp at a snails pace and just grind after you run out of quests (which are mostly grinding mobs as well it's a Korean grinder as i said above).

So the Koreans continue to refine the cash shop model down to, make beautiful game to peak interest, total solo play while leveling with no options for group play even if you wanted it ( no need to spend dev time creating story's or adding character development depth, then an end game that consists of highly competitive PvP content that requires random enchanting for upgrades, enter cash shop.

Sounds perfect.

• PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977
    The only thing you need to know about this game is that it is a PVP game.  If you're not into PVP, you're not going to be into this game.  Don't assume the costumes, housing, crafting, et al are going to make up for the fact that anyone can kill you whenever they want and because they can.

• DzikuniDzikuni Member UncommonPosts: 38
    full loot/ semi / or mehh ?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854
    I pre-ordered this game, and I'm not really looking forward to it as much anymore. I've read to many repeating negative threads about it, mindless mobs, barely any content, Archage 2.0 i literally could go on with the complaints and the only repeating positive comment is it has pretty graphics. Oh and no fast travel that should be in all games.

However, now that i don't have my hopes up anymore, maybe it'll surprise me.
    My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L
  • aslan132aslan132 Member UncommonPosts: 619
    edited February 2016
    Nope, thats basically it. Its explained pretty well above. Also dont forget, with no "trinity", no healer class, which means combat is pretty much potion spamming. Typical PVP experience is that whoever buys the most potions wins the match. Unless thats changed, that was the outcome in the early alphas/betas.

I think I did read something about dungeons as well. I want to say there will be 6, but im not sure. Expect them to be just like Archeage, with 1 to 3 bosses, very short, and random loot. Honestly, if you are a PVE player, dont expect much from this title, its just not meant for you.
  • Tasslehoff35Tasslehoff35 Member UncommonPosts: 962
    Thanks for all the replies...think I will try it out...
    I have read that Dungeons have been or are being added? If that is true that is a big plus for me. World Bosses and Dungeon runs will add to the PvE experience. I am looking forward to digging into the non combat systems in the upcoming Beta. I see post after post saying how shallow the game is. I hope that is not true.

Those are open world Dungeons and they will not be in our version for quiet some time unfortunately.
  • KatillaKatilla Member UncommonPosts: 829
    there's a million things to do besides grinding mobs.....
    edited February 2016
    Katilla said:
    Sure just nothing meaningful ofc if afk fishing is your thing this is the game for you^^

Honestly there is a reason even Koreans refuse to play this game and it's not doing much better in Japan or Russia, lets face it the content is pretty poor, the game is even free 2 play there so ppl don't even want to play it for free.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    tet666 said:
    Katilla said:
    Sure just nothing meaningful ofc if afk fishing is your thing this is the game for you^^

Honestly there is a reason even Koreans refuse to play this game and it's not doing much better in Japan or Russia, lets face it the content is pretty poor, the game is even free 2 play there so ppl don't even want to play it for free.

I'm always amused whenever someone brings up "meaningful" in regards to a game.
    New flash, at the end of the day not a single game is "meaningful". They are all about entertainment.

If your concept of "meaningful" means grinding raids for 30 hours a week, then good for you. It certainly doesn't hold true for me, nor for many others.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

edited February 2016
    tet666 said:
    Katilla said:

I'm always amused whenever someone brings up "meaningful" in regards to a game.
    New flash, at the end of the day not a single game is "meaningful". They are all about entertainment.

If your concept of "meaningful" means grinding raids for 30 hours a week, then good for you. It certainly doesn't hold true for me, nor for many others.
    Dunno i never really played games with pve raids much(besides wow but i never raided there) im more of a arena/organized pvp guy.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Pepeq said:
    The only thing you need to know about this game is that it is a PVP game.  If you're not into PVP, you're not going to be into this game.  Don't assume the costumes, housing, crafting, et al are going to make up for the fact that anyone can kill you whenever they want and because they can.

I don't really believe you lose much if they do.

It sounds to me that this is really a guild game. That, unless you are happy always being solo (and believe me, I'm usually solo leveling but do enjoy guild groups) a player should join a guild.\

One is going to have a better time of it if you are leveling with guildies. 
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

I have read that Dungeons have been or are being added? If that is true that is a big plus for me. World Bosses and Dungeon runs will add to the PvE experience. I am looking forward to digging into the non combat systems in the upcoming Beta. I see post after post saying how shallow the game is. I hope that is not true.
    yup.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• PrO_LeonPrO_Leon Member CommonPosts: 8
    The game is hardly shallow but due to the fact of the availability of many sub-systems it is natural every player to cater to only one/two systems only thus i can understand comments like this but just fyi if you plan on skipping the pvp element you can do that freely and with almost no PvP enforced on you as long as you do your research about when PvP becomes a hinderence( what level you get out flaged for PvP) and just delay your arrival untill you have your fix of the sub-systems 

And a bit of my personal expirience on the RU version i was able to fully comit only to gathering/exploring/trading/dailys around level 24+ to the point i had to force to break my routine in order to continue leveling :) BDO is best taken with an open mind if you havent played the RU or researched it troughly as it is a game in its own right and it is not a PvP game 

It is more of a trade simulation with alot of sub systems and the PvP element is actualy optional for top level/competitive players and Clans only beside that the only PvP you migh expirience is an occasional grind spot contest as long as you stay away from clans that is 
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Sovrath said:

yup.

That looks really cool actually
    It does! And I want that husky pet for my character now O.O

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• PrO_LeonPrO_Leon Member CommonPosts: 8
    aslan132 said:
    Nope, thats basically it. Its explained pretty well above. Also dont forget, with no "trinity", no healer class, which means combat is pretty much potion spamming. Typical PVP experience is that whoever buys the most potions wins the match. Unless thats changed, that was the outcome in the early alphas/betas.

I think I did read something about dungeons as well. I want to say there will be 6, but im not sure. Expect them to be just like Archeage, with 1 to 3 bosses, very short, and random loot. Honestly, if you are a PVE player, dont expect much from this title, its just not meant for you.
    You are right about the strong potion mechanic but you miss a part and that is the gear durability i had one and only PvP gank ( on the RU ver) where 2 higher end players tried to push me out of a grind spot i had about 150 potions so they couldn't kill me even that at one point they stopped to beg me to stop/die .....

BUT in situation like this what happened is that my gear got trashed half way trough so i was unable to retaliate effectively so i had to retreat, but about your PvE content i always felt the other way around  that BDO is PvE 1st and PvP is sub par to it as even to PvP /potions/gear etc.

You need a solid PvE back bone (contribution points pool) for either trading,fishing,crafting  etc. or whatever way you have chosen to sustain your PvP adventures and that said with the Karma system at least until top level i doubt PvP is anything you will expirience unless you look for it( i did provoke both of them by kill stealing as they arrived on the grind spot after me :P )

Now if your point is that PvE is one and only for PvP sake that would fall only if you as a player take no pleasure in Exploring and enjoying a truly stunningly beautiful world with plenty of almost self dependent systems so to me is exactly the hardcore PvPer that will be the hardest to stomach BDO as there are a lot of chores that need to be done on a daily basis if you plan to dip your fingers in that honey ;)
     I had a lot of rewarding experience in grinding contribution points for becoming a trade mogul with a vast army of workers it took a lot of dailys and great deal of planning not without hick ups as well but i was able to completely immerse my self in that game play so for finish.

PvE does have great impact on PvP but by no means it is means to an end.