Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Latest Screenshot (03/02/2016)

ZultraZultra Member UncommonPosts: 385

Enjoy
Sign up for Chronicles of Elyria here don't forget to use my friend code - B4ACB3

Join the revolutionary MMO! 

Comments

• LorgarnLorgarn Member UncommonPosts: 417
    That looks interesting to say the least. I can't wait to see what this game actually looks like with some gameplay footage.

Trying my best to keep that hype down before the reveal/campaign, don't want any potential major upsets.
  • jigo86jigo86 Member UncommonPosts: 97
    Rhoklaw said:
    Sire! That road has been overcome with brigands recently. I think we better take the long way around through the mountain pass.
    remember lord of the rings? bad idea, go through the mines ... wait 
  • GrelfGrelf Member UncommonPosts: 37
    I really wish they released some more new stuff, it's been pretty much a month since the last Dev Journal. I know they're working on a bunch of stuff at once with the new website and the combat video, but the wait is killing me.  :p
    Grelf said:
    I really wish they released some more new stuff, it's been pretty much a month since the last Dev Journal. I know they're working on a bunch of stuff at once with the new website and the combat video, but the wait is killing me.  :p
    We'll hear about the planned starting date of their Kickstarter campaign very soon. (This week according to Jeromy/Caspian)

Hopefully they will show a little something along with it, be it either more screenshots or perhaps even a gameplay teaser. Here's to hoping! :)
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I really want to like this game,i am just very hard to please because all my needs are in pve and bringing a world to life and that is or has been very tough for developers to pull off.
    I know they are at least trying to bring the world to life with meaningful npc's and families  and homes,that is already a better start than most mmorpg's,does Wow even have homes....sigh,a massive game everyone is homeless.

However once we get past a decent world design,we need stuff to do,sure messing around your house is nice,most everyone likes that stuff but what else will this game offer?You see i like the little things,like when Vanguard came out,i could go chop a tree down and see it fall to the ground.VG also gave us that minigame of politics,i like more stuff like that,lots of variation in game play.

Then the VERY tough area of creating mobs/AI and combat.I know the y are giving us a huge array of player ideas but what it comes down to MOST of the time is combat ideas.Being a tradtional type of game ,will make it really tough,i think we can expect pistols,shotguns,knives nothing too exciting.However i THINK there is a hint at the "unknown" possible magic or some secret ideas that we need to discover which keeps us thinking and is a good idea.

Bottom line is i hope they don't see hype/interest and rush this game out,i would rather wait 5 more years,even 7 years except i might not be alive in 7 so i'll have to go for 5 lol.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

DMKano said:
    Beautiful screenshots so far.

Would love to see some actual NPCs, players - how they are animated and how they fit into the game - as that's the hard part to pull off that costs a ton of $$$

Indeed,

I believe primarily their gameplay-reveal will either make or break this entire project. You can get a core group of people excited with an idea or a concept. However, if you want to make a Kickstarter campaign successfull you need to be able to excite people outside that small core group of people. A lot of them at that.

They most likely know this which is one of the reasons they're taking their due time and not rush out the campaign just for the sake of it.

It'll be interesting to see, that's for sure.
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    I'm just glad it doesn't look like toontown.
  • MaygusMaygus Member UncommonPosts: 374
    Wizardry said:
    Bottom line is i hope they don't see hype/interest and rush this game out,i would rather wait 5 more years,even 7 years except i might not be alive in 7 so i'll have to go for 5 lol.
    Unlike other MMOs - they don't need 5 or 7 years. They don't have to design every single path in the world, and every single town and quest hub. Specific locations for mobs and what-not... literally they don't.

They design a small-subset of the world, a few cities a dozen or so towns of varied designs and plop then around the world as starters, then let the players have at it.

They have a Q3 2017 launch date I believe it is.
    Visit the Chronicles of Elyria official site and the Official Wiki... an upcoming MMO from Soulbound Studios with real consequences to your actions.
    Finite Resources, WYSIWYG looting to player created and maintained maps and a deep modular crafting system. So much more that hasn't been said, ask questions! Post your thoughts! Spread the word of COE!

If you haven't yet, register with my referrer code on the official website: B0E240
  • TimberhickTimberhick Member UncommonPosts: 554
    @Maygus ;  Art is not what delays games, its engine.  If you don't believe me go look around http://www.gamasutra.com/
    for a bit.
  • RateroRatero Member UncommonPosts: 440
    No doubt the world looks nice but then again a lot of worlds look nice.  I am looking forward to seeing how the games souls work out as well as how many people stick to this title.

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    what I thought all sandbox type games had to be made out of legos

• Gaming.Rocks2Gaming.Rocks2 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    I feel like I've been here before. Maybe in my past life...
    Gaming Rocks next gen. community for last gen. gamers launching soon. 
  • acidbloodacidblood Member RarePosts: 878
    Lorgarn said:
    DMKano said:

Would love to see some actual NPCs, players - how they are animated and how they fit into the game - as that's the hard part to pull off that costs a ton of $$$

Indeed,

I believe primarily their gameplay-reveal will either make or break this entire project. You can get a core group of people excited with an idea or a concept. However, if you want to make a Kickstarter campaign successfull you need to be able to excite people outside that small core group of people. A lot of them at that.

They most likely know this which is one of the reasons they're taking their due time and not rush out the campaign just for the sake of it.

Indeed. (sorry)

I'm interested in CoE, but if they don't have something solid to show for the KS then I won't be giving them much... maybe $20 if the screenshots look really pretty, maybe.
  • Gaming.Rocks2Gaming.Rocks2 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    acidblood said:
    Lorgarn said:
    DMKano said:

Indeed,

Indeed. (sorry)

I'm interested in CoE, but if they don't have something solid to show for the KS then I won't be giving them much... maybe $20 if the screenshots look really pretty, maybe.
    Since it has taken them this long I believe they are going to show more than screenshots for their KS. Otherwise they could've launched it last year, game is hyped enough and without gameplay footage the hype is going to go downhill in '16. 
    Gaming Rocks next gen. community for last gen. gamers launching soon. 
  • VucarVucar Member UncommonPosts: 311
    As I've heard it, they don't want to start the kickstarter until their website and forums get a major update and they have footage to show. I think that's a good call because then it gives people that aren't in the know a little more to go on and solidifies concrete progress for the skeptics.
  • Ket_VilianoKet_Viliano Member UncommonPosts: 271
    Rhoklaw said:
    Sire! That road has been overcome with brigands recently. I think we better take the long way around through the mountain pass.
    But, the mountain pass is known to be full of trolls, ... just like this forum.
    : P
  • ManestreamManestream Member UncommonPosts: 941
    Just still screenshots, of which these can be faked bigtime to make things look better than they actually turn out to be.
    I will wait for this to develope further down the line. As i have been somewhat dissapoited with alot of so called big game release's that have quite frankly failed to deliver even 50% of said hype.
  • MaygusMaygus Member UncommonPosts: 374
    Just still screenshots, of which these can be faked bigtime to make things look better than they actually turn out to be.
    I will wait for this to develope further down the line. As i have been somewhat dissapoited with alot of so called big game release's that have quite frankly failed to deliver even 50% of said hype.
    These are all 100% in-engine and not faked.

However watching and waiting is certainly the right position to be in.
    Visit the Chronicles of Elyria official site and the Official Wiki... an upcoming MMO from Soulbound Studios with real consequences to your actions.
    Finite Resources, WYSIWYG looting to player created and maintained maps and a deep modular crafting system. So much more that hasn't been said, ask questions! Post your thoughts! Spread the word of COE!

If you haven't yet, register with my referrer code on the official website: B0E240