Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just a load of cr..

124»

Comments

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Burntvet
    Originally posted by Distopia
    Originally posted by Burntvet
    Originally posted by Retired
    Originally posted by MoreOfTheSame
    so what´s so bad about it? actually I wanted to give it a shot

Nothing bad about it, only 19.99 on Steam. Some hate it, some love, just be aware it's alpha. Game is great for what it is..

Incomplete games are not much fun.

Incomplete MMOs are bad.

Very incomplete MMOs are worse.

Very incomplete MMOs that want money, are a no go.

No one should pay money for this title at this time.

Judging by your posts I've always taken you as a burnt SWGer, looking back you obviously were (first page of your history)  you were also angry they took it away judging by those posts. That game was always unfinished, with blatantly broken mechanics for all to see (they were never fixed..BG's anyone?). An odd place to come from to make such arguments...

I can play all of the sorta, kinda, still unfinished not quite pre-cu I want, right now.

It beats the Repop in its current state by a mile.

And does not charge people.

Just tired of the hype train making the Repop seem like the best thing since sliced bread, when it isn't.

It will not be anything close to original SWG when it "released", since you brought up SWG, and is even more removed from that owing to its unfinished state. I could go on for 6 posts as to why not...

And yet, the company wants money for it now, although it was planned to launch "F2P", and the hype keeps coming.

I played the repop last week a while on a friend's acct, and as much as SWG was "unfinished", the repop is an order of magnitude more unfinished, and not just the alpha state BS: there are a lot of game mechanics that will simply not be there.

When people can't "defend" their game, they fall back on calling out personal attacks on posters, sad.

WHo's defending the game? my point was that even incomplete games can draw passionate players who love the game, even in a broken state. Us SWG players are a prime example.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096
    Originally posted by RexGarvin

I gave my $40 to the Repopulation thinking I was going to get a very good game in beta testing.   What I got was ripped off!!!  Yes I know the game is a work in progress.  Work in progress my a..!!  This game has just enouph content so it can get more money out of its supporters.  I gurantee you this game will never be released.  It will always be in beta stealing money from its supporters!!

That is why any more, I only play games that accept donations.............. Every game I have played other then those, the community is terrible, the cash shop is even more terrible, the company every 5 mins try to get me to buy something, and its just utter junk. This is how games should be produced, you make them, and then if people like it they donate...... Not give me multi millions of dollars, and maybe you will get something. If a game doesnt have a demo, or something like that, I anit even gonna play it, because its stright out saying, yeah our game is terrible, we just dont want you to know about all that till you give us your money . And I dont want to hear none of that bull shit i see all the time, that rich bastards need a pay check of like 100 grand a year plus from a video game to make it. I could name you over 15 games that are bad freaking ass, and the people who made them didnt get paid jack. Example, bauldlr gate regular sucks ass and is like 3gbs for 1 and 2 put togther, bauldrs gate big world project is bad ass, and is like 50 gbs, and thee people who made that got paid nothing. Skyrim is like 10gbs all expansion, it sucks ass, skyrim with mods is over 40gbs+, and is a bad ass game. I could keep going to. ESO had a budget of 200millon, it sucks ass, the people keep getting paid out rageous amounts of money to make content, and it still sucks ass. SWTOR same thing, WOW same thing, EQ 1 and 2 same thing, Uncharted waters online same thing. All paid for games SUCK ASS. ALL FREE, but donations are accept games ROCK and are 100000000000000000s times better.  So i repeat that bull shit some one needs 100 mil to make a game IS BULLLLLLL FUCKING SHITTTTt. 

I want to add one more thing, to call out the people who think giving some one money, before something is done. I want you to go to your child and be like, well we got a new rule, I am gonna give you in advance your next 5 years worth of allowance, but you gotta make sure your gonna do all the work for the next 5 years. Let me know how that turns out for ya hahhahaha. 

• HowbadisbadHowbadisbad Member UncommonPosts: 453

Originally posted by BruceYee
    This game makes my computer shut down for some reason. I've never had a game do that ever.

Overheating?

Waiting for:
    The Repopulation
    Albion Online

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130

WHo's defending the game? my point was that even incomplete games can draw passionate players who love the game, even in a broken state. Us SWG players are a prime example.

.....Shhhhhhh, I feel like if you say something like that about SWG some jedis might come by your house, kidnap you and take you to some far away planet, never to be heard of again. Oh, wait, there aren't any jedis, whaaaaaa???? :)

Anyway, I have money to this game, played it a bit, put it away. I'll probably pick it up each test phase to see what's up. I don't think it's an unworthy cause, they've got solid concepts, just need actual experience executing on those ideas. Anyhoo, I'm still excited about it, go team! 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096
    Originally posted by CrazKanuk

.....Shhhhhhh, I feel like if you say something like that about SWG some jedis might come by your house, kidnap you and take you to some far away planet, never to be heard of again. Oh, wait, there aren't any jedis, whaaaaaa???? :)

Anyway, I have money to this game, played it a bit, put it away. I'll probably pick it up each test phase to see what's up. I don't think it's an unworthy cause, they've got solid concepts, just need actual experience executing on those ideas. Anyhoo, I'm still excited about it, go team! 

No what happens on this Lame site, is if you talk about SWG the moderators come, and ban you. I can tell you the moderators are real, and they just love to hit ban, for any and all reasons, real or un real. I am pretty sure I have a ban coming, for the last 3 posts I made. hahaha

• AtrocitusAtrocitus Member UncommonPosts: 85
    psiic said:

LOL at least you only spent $40, Im in $250.

You poor deluded soul....................Why in the world would you have given this team ANY cash?

A fool and his money.....
  • AtrocitusAtrocitus Member UncommonPosts: 85
    RexGarvin said:

I gave my $40 to the Repopulation thinking I was going to get a very good game in beta testing.   What I got was ripped off!!!  Yes I know the game is a work in progress.  Work in progress my a..!!  This game has just enouph content so it can get more money out of its supporters.  I gurantee you this game will never be released.  It will always be in beta stealing money from its supporters!!

Yeah, you can sit there AFTER THE FACT and call the shot....Anyone can do that...

Check my posts..Ive been saying this game is a lame duck for years and have given a million different reasons why...

Any chump can call it a failure after the fact...

So ill just leave this here..

TOLD YOU SO
  • DarkcrystalDarkcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 963
    RexGarvin said:

Stealing??? I gave 75.  and if you thought this, you should never ever, give money, because you donated as I did..... Stop giving away money.. if you feel you ripped you off...Most games go through this  issue, when they have no investors...So  its your fault.

DMKano said:

Buying into early access has not guarantees.

Just consider EA as you gifting money to the developer and you won't feel bad about it.

DMKano said:

Buying into early access has not guarantees.

Just consider EA as you gifting money to the developer and you won't feel bad about it.

People think developers owe them, they do not..Most developers who do this have never made a game..I been a developer for a decade and I would never make a MMO even now with others money because they cry to much... I would fund it myself, or not make it..But I would never bother with MMO's since most do not understand that MMO's are never done period..
  • Adjuvant1Adjuvant1 Member RarePosts: 2,100
    What an interesting necro thread. Of course, the next question, logically, is "will the new iteration honor original crowdfunding promises".
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547
    I'm glad I got my money back early on..... I wasn't impressed and was surprised to be reimbursed.  I think the devs are stand up people though.  They are trying their best. I like the concept of the game and it has loads of potential. I hope it comes out still.  I will play when it's done.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• MrSnufflesMrSnuffles Member UncommonPosts: 1,117
    RexGarvin said:

Seriously?

Someone says they want to make a MMORPG with Hero Engine or Unity you run as fast as you can. Don't give them Money because it's never going to happen. By now this should be common knowledge.

Lesson learned.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"It's pretty simple, really. If your only intention in posting about a particular game or topic is to be negative, then yes, you should probably move on. Voicing a negative opinion is fine, continually doing so on the same game is basically just trolling."
    - Michael Bitton
    Community Manager, MMORPG.com

"As an online discussion about Star Citizen grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Derek Smart approaches 1" - MrSnuffles's law

"I am jumping in here a bit without knowing exactly what you all or talking about." 
    - SEANMCAD

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  • HolyAvengerOneHolyAvengerOne Member UncommonPosts: 708
    Adjuvant1 said:
    What an interesting necro thread. Of course, the next question, logically, is "will the new iteration honor original crowdfunding promises".
    Yes, they will.

Tokken said:
    I'm glad I got my money back early on..... I wasn't impressed and was surprised to be reimbursed.  I think the devs are stand up people though.  They are trying their best. I like the concept of the game and it has loads of potential. I hope it comes out still.  I will play when it's done.
    They are. Very honest, up-front and opened. There were issues along the way, and learnings, too, but they never hid behind excuses or spun corporate bullshit; and they stood true to their vision against all odds.

That's why I respect and support their work to this day.
  • HothloveHothlove Member UncommonPosts: 126
    This game was a ghost town.
  • HothloveHothlove Member UncommonPosts: 126
    Brakh said:
    Thanks to Repopulation I have finally awaken from beauty dream about poor indie companies requiring my support for finishing their products. Also lured with excellent reviews I have bought this title. As someone who rather do not paying attention to the graphics Repopulation is just too much for me. Environment reminds me more clunky version of early korean mmos from beginning of this millennium.
    So as I mentioned before, no more early access/ pre alpha/ betas and all that crap. Thank you Repopulation for waking me up

Yeah I woke up too.

First Vanguard now this.

Hothlove said:
    Brakh said:
    Thanks to Repopulation I have finally awaken from beauty dream about poor indie companies requiring my support for finishing their products. Also lured with excellent reviews I have bought this title. As someone who rather do not paying attention to the graphics Repopulation is just too much for me. Environment reminds me more clunky version of early korean mmos from beginning of this millennium.
    So as I mentioned before, no more early access/ pre alpha/ betas and all that crap. Thank you Repopulation for waking me up

Yeah I woke up too.

First Vanguard now this.

Vanguard wasn't a poor indie company, nor did they officially do an "early release".

While I won't argue with Brakh's impression, and while I'll agree graphics weren't the forte of The Repop in HE, I don't think early access / alphas are for everyone. People should be aware of that and steer clear of them if that's not their cup of tea.
  • BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    Adjuvant1 said:
    Yes, they will.
    In 3-5 years, maybe.
  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    RexGarvin said:

I spent $24 on a game called 'Surive the Nights' from some guys who have never created a game before. I never got something to play.

That said what I wonder is how smart people like yourself can tell the difference between a rip off and a project just led by people who are way over their heads and have no idea what htey are doing.

I struggle to see how to tell 

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

Burntvet said:
    Adjuvant1 said:
    Yes, they will.
    In 3-5 years, maybe.
    I meant that more in the sense of "that's the plan", but. Nah, two years tops, I bet :)

SEANMCAD said :

[...] called 'Surive the Nights' 
    Right there, with a typo in their game's name, I could have told you they weren't professionals :P
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

People think developers owe them, they do not..
    What?
    Maurgrim said:
    I stopped long time ago to buy into beta or early access, I rahter wait for release and read player reviews.
    Player reviews that is a laugh, people will always cry about games, that is why there are hardly any MMO's being made, developers got smart and said piss  off, not worth the hassle more money and less hassle for phone and tablet games...as well as consoles...So enjoy WOW for the next 50 years.. You only have your self to blame..lol..

Brakh said:
    Thank Hero,   they caused this issue... Not Repopulation..If Unreal closed, many would be effected...If Unity closed, then people would be affected....So learn how games are made...before you blame a company... So sad, that people have no idea...I gave Repop 75 bucks, and I knew it may never be done, which I never do..Because i'm a gamer who turned Developer, so I see both sides now.... I see why many devs refuse to make MMO's...I worked on some, and never again...Not worth the headache!