Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NCSoft suddenly started charging me again without my consent??

KrelianKrelian Member UncommonPosts: 385

Greetings!

Background Info:

I post this thread as to shed some light to my dilemma.

I used to have an active Wildstar subscription up until the time the game was transitioned to Free to Play (whatchamacallit) and after that my subscription was ended.

I actually liked the game, but some of the Publishers policies towards its userbase was somewhat unfair to me, and basically that's why I had quit the game (AT LEAST FOR THE TIME BEING, maybe I would return to the game in the future, though).

I had NEVER posted about it either on official Wildstar Forums, here on MMORPG.com or customer support or anything else. I simply did not like what they did, never rented or compained, and stopped playing (once the game had gone F2P).

''Short Story'':

Its been quite a few months since my last month of subscription to Wildstar. And my monthly subscription to Wildstar has been suddenly re-activated.  I NEVER share my account with anyone, and I do believe that im indeed in very good standing with NCSoft as of now.

So, im confused. Why did my subscription suddenly got re-started without my consent? Im NOT ranting about the ''Money I have lost'', its not that HUGE amount of Money, anyways. Yeah, I will live :L

But why did it happen?

1-Either it was an honest, technical mistake on their side

OR

2-NCsoft/Wildstar is so desperate that they need to reactivate players accounts without their consent

OR

3-Even though it DOESN'T appear that way (thank God lol), somebody else has suddenly started sharing my account? Uhuh...

What u guys Think? Has anyone else had their Wildstar and/or other NCsoft subscriptions reactivated, suddenly?

Cheers for any info/heads-up :)

Comments

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    Probably a software glitch.  A company in the spotlight like this wouldn't risk the backlash and criminal investigation.  No conspiracy here.  Just get with support and fix it.

I self identify as a monkey.

• Adjuvant1Adjuvant1 Member RarePosts: 2,100
    edited February 2016
    That's actually a pretty big "software glitch", on two different levels, to reactivate an account and have a payment transaction process. Honestly, it sounds more like user error by someone in the company or ... well ... something really not good.

or Krelian was drunk, or Krelian has multiple personalities, or it didn't happen... because "here" isn't the first place I'd drag the issue. Whatever.

edit: Krelian, what information led you to understand your account in Wildstar had reactivated?
  • stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519
    Delete the CC and get a new one.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• KrelianKrelian Member UncommonPosts: 385

@mgilbrtsn: Thank you for your input. What you said sounds pretty reasonable, and I hope that such is the case, as well :)

Adjuvant1: Thank you for your reply, as well. You have a good Point with this; '' "here" isn't the first place I'd drag the issue''.

Please do let me explain this to you: IF (and I mean IF) my account seemed compromised - in any ways - (by a hacker/Another Wildstar User etcatera) than I would PANICK and immediately Contact customer support, INSTEAD OF POSTING ''HERE''.

(After all, im not playing the game right now, but I did pay good Money for it Before it went F2P, had quite a many months of subscription under my belt, and purchased the retail deluxe edition of the game. So ok, im not playing right now, but neither do I wanna loose my account in any ways).

But my account seems ''safe as ever'', AS FAR AS I can tell. I just logged into my Wildstar Account Page just fine. But nevertheless, since this is a billing/account related issue, why post of it here?

Lo'and behold!

Im afraid that if I talk about such stuff to NCsoft, THEY might panic (instead of me) and ban my account OR AT LEAST disable it TEMPORARILY until I change/reset all my passwords and account info etc.

This is all for my safety and its all just fine. BUT I don't wanna go through all that stress and hassle UNLESS I have some sort of evidence that my account has been actually compramised and that this is ''not just a simple glitch on the side of NCsoft''.

This is why I posted about it ''here'' on MMORPG.com forums first. To hear what other players know/Think about the situation. To learn if anybody else have ever had such an issue with Wildstar and/or any other NCsoft Product.

FINALLY = as to your question: '' what information led you to understand your account in Wildstar had reactivated? '' (Good question :) )

This information= I recieved two emails from NCsoft today (suddenly). ONE is telling me that my order fullfillment is complete, and the other is saying; ''thank you for your purchase''. Than I logged into my Wildstar/NCsoft page, and indeed, my Wildstar account subscription called ''Signature Subscription - 30 Days'' (as stated in the email) has indeed been activated.

Thank you all for your time and interest :)

• SinsaiSinsai Member UncommonPosts: 405
    DMKano said:
    This happens - and no its not intentional. It's a billing error. I've had it happen with Aion and got the charges reversed no problem.

Whenever posts come up trying to prove some kind of deliberate attempt to collect funds unjustly - seriously - /facepalm

It costs NCSOFT surcharge fees to process charge backs - so when this happens they only lose money.

Hello?

^This

Anyone who thinks otherwise needs help, period.
  • Adjuvant1Adjuvant1 Member RarePosts: 2,100
    edited February 2016
    Then contact them and ask from which IP the payment was authorized.

edit: Also, contact your financial institution and ask if a transaction happened.