Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Exclusive Class Reveal - The Trickster Coming to Ascendancy

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited February 2016 in News & Features Discussion

imageExclusive Class Reveal - The Trickster Coming to Ascendancy

With Path of Exile ready to expand on March 4th, Grinding Gears is ready to unleash new information about new Ascendancy class skills. We are pleased to present the reveal the Trickster, the final of the three Shadow specs coming in Ascendancy. We have an exclusive trailer, screens and a mini interview with GG's Chris Wilson.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ValanarrValanarr Member UncommonPosts: 4
    Looks amazing;)
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    I hope they add new ways to advance your character somehow.

I have played probably 100 chars thru to 70+ over time and while this really looks and sounds awesome, I cant stand the thought of progressing thru the same stuff again
  • GrimulaGrimula Member UncommonPosts: 644
    How could you possibly have played 100 characters to max level?

are you a gold seller or something ? do you level characters and sell them ??

• UNH0LYEV1LUNH0LYEV1L Member UncommonPosts: 571
    edited February 2016

Grimula said:

Max level is level 100 in PoE. Its very difficult to reach that level due to extremely difficult content and it requires careful character building. While Myrdynn was probably exaggerating, it is kind of what you do. I have ~ 20 characters level 80+ for example. You push builds as high as you can then make something new and fun to play, since there are litterally infinite build options (of course not everything is super meta/optimal). In the three years I have played I have only hit 100 on one character, and have 5+ level 90's. So its does require quite a bit dedication to move through the content.
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    edited February 2016
    Grimula said:

exaggeration and no not to max, although I feel like grinding thru the same zones on multiple difficulties over and over a bit boring.

I have probably leveled over 40 characters since beta to 70+

I like map content, I just want to take new characters directly to there

• enesisxlr8enesisxlr8 Member UncommonPosts: 174

Myrdynn said:

I hope they add new ways to advance your character somehow.

I have played probably 100 chars thru to 70+ over time and while this really looks and sounds awesome, I cant stand the thought of progressing thru the same stuff again

Only thing stopping me from going back yet again....
  • DiggsworthDiggsworth Member UncommonPosts: 8
    This looks pretty good for the new skills they just (recently) released.
    More pumped to see the third Templar specialization though.
  • exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    At wich lvl does specialization start?
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905
    I wish they had paid to redo all the art and combat in the game. It's really 3rd rate in those aspects and takes away from the fun. It is easily the ARPG with the worst combat I've ever played (even at 70+).
  • DarkVagabondDarkVagabond Member UncommonPosts: 340
    If redoing the low level progression and repetition in general is something you dislike this is absolutely lightyears away from your game.

Subclasses could make the game genuinely impossible to balance, its dangerous territory.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    Argh !!! Playing the game over and over because your build got screwed sounds like not much fun. I am a dabbler at best. I play these games but never do the hard mode . Like in Diablo I just play for the story ....I know,I know I'm playing it wrong and the fun only starts at hardcore and beyond but these action games cannot hold me long enough for that to happen but I do enjoy playing them once through. I have played Path of Exile and I enjoy that it is challenging but to play the same thing over and over ,I doubt I have the stamina I'm ashamed to say.

• Colt47Colt47 Member UncommonPosts: 549
    I loved PoE, but definitely have already played it well beyond the point I'd be interested in coming back to it. There's only so many times a man can go to level 60+ or run hardcore trying to desperately get past that level 50ish road block with a survivalist build.
  • DavirokDavirok Member UncommonPosts: 75

Colt47 said:

I loved PoE, but definitely have already played it well beyond the point I'd be interested in coming back to it. There's only so many times a man can go to level 60+ or run hardcore trying to desperately get past that level 50ish road block with a survivalist build.

I feel like you actually got no idea of what you are talking about or you have never played the game seriously or you are just simply bad at ARPGs.
  • n3xxn3xx Member UncommonPosts: 36
    edited February 2016
    Who cares if it's doing the same thing over and over days on end hour after hour month after month?..... must.... get..... da...... lootz. pft casuals
  • demodardemodar Member UncommonPosts: 63

n3xx said:

Who cares if it's doing the same thing over and over days on end hour after hour month after month?..... must.... get..... da...... lootz. pft casuals

I want to see you lvl up one character to 100 and tell me how fucking casual it is
  • StryckerStrycker Member UncommonPosts: 110
    The, in my opinion, best way to play these games is simply come back for each season - roll a new character - push that character as far as you will, and then take a break till the next season. I've played this game for close to 1000 hours with that mentality and have never felt the dread of leveling. Until these games insert an MMO type of endgame, which I'm not really sure they're even trying to, their not meant to be a main game.