Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blade & Soul Surpasses 2 Million !

LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327
edited February 2016 in Blade & Soul
“NCSOFT has confirmed that Blade & Soul has now surpassed 2 million players in the US and Europe, only three weeks since its official launch.”

"The game has doubled its usership in the past two weeks, when the publisher announced 1 million downloads in the United States and Europe."

http://www.killping.com/blog/blade-and-soul-surpassed-2million-users/

5/10 review? Terrible? Trash?  Pfft.

/validation is sweet

Comments

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    Bump this thread in 30 days.

But since (I guess) its buy to play its even better for them make all the money on sales and have none of the stress on servers once people leave.
  • azurreiazurrei Member UncommonPosts: 332
    rodarin said:
    Bump this thread in 30 days.

But since (I guess) its buy to play its even better for them make all the money on sales and have none of the stress on servers once people leave.
    BnS is F2P...BDO is the one that is B2P and the game that needs it - it will be dead once people get passed the shiny graphics and realize how garbage it is.
  • SanisarSanisar Member UncommonPosts: 135
    LOL, that doesn't validate anything.  I downloaded the game and played it for a grand total of less than 20 minutes.  I still count as a downloader.  Any F2P title with a modicum of hype behind it can hit those kind of download numbers.

I'm not saying anything negative about the game, though it wasn't for me, but you seem to be all over this site proclaiming this game's victory and bashing people who think it's bad.  I think without the combat system it's probably a 2-3/10 personally, but I generally agree with 5/10.

As far as I can tell the hype for this game has entirely evaporated already a few weeks into launch.  On all of twitch this game has about 4k viewers already, down from 20-100k a week or two ago.

I'm glad you like this game, but take off the rose-colored lenses.  You can't will this game into being more successful than it is (which we have no idea of atm).
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Glad to see it going up, but keep in mind that in a free to play game 1 billion accounts created doesnt mean that many people are playing, much less paying.

• josko9josko9 Member RarePosts: 577
    It's a F2P game, why should it matter how many people downloaded it?
    There's plenty of MMOs that sold way more copies for 60$ than just 2mil for example.
    Besides how many out of those 2mil do you think will stick with it for a whole year? 5-10%?

I mean it's not bad, but I certainly wouldn't call it such a big succes, it's nowhere near the top 5 MMOs. The review is spot on, it doesn't deserve more than 5/10. Blade and Soul has a long road ahead if it wants to stay relevant, and I honestly doubt it's capable of competing with the big players.
  • simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    Sanisar said:
    LOL, that doesn't validate anything.  I downloaded the game and played it for a grand total of less than 20 minutes.  I still count as a downloader.  Any F2P title with a modicum of hype behind it can hit those kind of download numbers.

I'm not saying anything negative about the game, though it wasn't for me, but you seem to be all over this site proclaiming this game's victory and bashing people who think it's bad.  I think without the combat system it's probably a 2-3/10 personally, but I generally agree with 5/10.

As far as I can tell the hype for this game has entirely evaporated already a few weeks into launch.  On all of twitch this game has about 4k viewers already, down from 20-100k a week or two ago.

I'm glad you like this game, but take off the rose-colored lenses.  You can't will this game into being more successful than it is (which we have no idea of atm).
    Numbers in F2P games are pointless, I agree, but the game is one of the most successful MMORPG's in KR. Twitch.tv as a metric for hype and game success is retarded. 
  • RictisRictis Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    This is the only F2P in recent history that I have logged back into week over week since launch. While I am glad to see high numbers, they are over inflated due to the ridiculous amount of bots. 

Anyone know when the new classes are going to hit NA/EU ?

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    josko9 said:
    Blade and Soul has a long road ahead if it wants to stay relevant, and I honestly doubt it's capable of competing with the big players.
    Its more than capable, if NCSOFT knows what to do. Competing will not do anything, really. If they want to succeed they'll have to break the cycle and go beyond generic questing and dungeons galore. That is the easy way out every mmo takes, and they keep failing at that.

• LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327
    edited February 2016
    Sanisar said:

[mod edit]

FWIW, my support for this title has little to do with how much I like the game and a lot more to do with giving credit where credit is due.  [mod edit]
    Post edited by Amana on
  • HydekeHydeke Member UncommonPosts: 19
    Thats like saying "The Earth has hit 112 billion humans!"

Yeah, true, but like 105 billion of those people are dead.
  • LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327
    edited February 2016
    Hydeke said:
    Thats like saying "The Earth has hit 112 billion humans!"

Yeah, true, but like 105 billion of those people are dead.

Yea, and imagine what that BnS number will be 4.5 billion years from now.

/rolls eyes

[mod edit]
    Post edited by Amana on
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    Shows what I know I had zero interest in it so I didnt even know it was free to play. But really? If its free to play/download should there be like 10 million accounts? Since most junkies have 10-15 accounts a piece.
  • SanisarSanisar Member UncommonPosts: 135
    Sanisar said:

You know you've hit the hurt button when a poster with 100 posts in 6 years crawls out of their shell and posts in a thread.  That an average of approximately 1.3 posts a month and this thread gets that monthly allotment.  

FWIW, my support has little to do with how much I like this game and a lot more to do with giving credit where credit is due.  Something many of the posters on this site are incapable of doing. 
    FYI I only started posting on this account really in the last couple of weeks.  The account has been dormant for many years, so no, you are not in fact the special poster who managed to push my buttons.

As for you it is abundantly clear from your posts regarding this game all over these forums that in your interpretation you are the one to whom credit is due.  For what I'm still trying to figure out, but I assume you made some post somewhere that you thought this game would be a success and are now using every scrap you can find to try to rub that 'validation' in people's faces.

The fact that nothing has proven this game to be a success in the west yet, and won't for months, hasn't stopped you from proclaiming some kind of forum victory though.  

I honestly feel like I got baited into even responding here, but I think everyone else on the forums is too nice to tell you how obnoxious you are about this subject.  Regardless enjoy your 'win'.
  • ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426
    It's a decent number, but TERA - a moderately successful game - boasted 20 mil users just a while ago. Now if you look it up on Steamspy it has around 80-90K active players. Registered accounts are easy to come by for a F2P title.
    josko9 said:
    Blade and Soul has a long road ahead if it wants to stay relevant, and I honestly doubt it's capable of competing with the big players.
    Its more than capable, if NCSOFT knows what to do. Competing will not do anything, really. If they want to succeed they'll have to break the cycle and go beyond generic questing and dungeons galore. That is the easy way out every mmo takes, and they keep failing at that.
    They broke the cycle by having PVP and combat worth a damn in an MMORPG. People keep complaining about generic questing and dungeons. Name me MMORPG's that have come out in the last ten years that don't have those things. From all indications, players don't mind generic questing and dungeon grinds being that there are so many people playing those type of games. It only becomes a problem once you're an MMORPG "connoiseur" and post on sites like this one. 
  • psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    I am pretty sure they are counting those of us who uninstalled just as quickly as we installed.

• BigRamboBigRambo Member UncommonPosts: 191
    2 million created accounts, BS (without the &), will reach 30-40 million created accounts at the end of the year, but only 200-300K will be dedicated players (That number will drop ALOT when new titles releases and people switch band wagons).  Like almost every new release in the MMORPG market for the past 12 years.    ;)
  • sipusipu Member UncommonPosts: 200
    ... where 70%  are bot accounts (gold sellers).
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Does that mean?

Sure it wasn't 42?

I mean ESO had 5 million people register for beta, can't even get that many people and bots to download a game for free? Unimpressed is I.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    Combined with the revenue report, it seems like the game is doing well.  Certainly well enough to continue for a long time, which is cool because I'm getting really into this game.  New update is cool and I'm enjoying the game/getting better at my class more and more each day.
  • scorpex-xscorpex-x Member RarePosts: 1,030
    Just as FFXIV pads it's numbers to infinity when it actually only has around 300-400k actual players , this game is doing the same.
  • RictisRictis Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Combined with the revenue report, it seems like the game is doing well.  Certainly well enough to continue for a long time, which is cool because I'm getting really into this game.  New update is cool and I'm enjoying the game/getting better at my class more and more each day.
    I agree with you to an extent. I am more worried about what I hear about the level 45 wall from some other gamers. I am also a little annoyed at the 2 character limitation for the entire game. I wish there was a way to test our your class in an enclosed environment. You don't really start to see your class bloom until 20+
  • eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    When I log into the game it's definitely populated and busy but those gold spammers have an account too, so I don't think it's that "grand" of a claim

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

scorpex-x said:
    Just as FFXIV pads it's numbers to infinity when it actually only has around 300-400k actual players , this game is doing the same.
    Show me a game that doesn't. It's called PR. No company is going to say, "Hi all! We're happy to announce we have a middling amount of subscribers! Yay us!"

Also, do you possess the ability to post without bringing up FFXIV or Square Enix, or is it some strange form of Tourettes? Seriously. Every single post you make has to include something about SE and/or FFXIV being bad.
  • mikunimanmikuniman Member UncommonPosts: 375
    Good news I say! Funny how so many fellow mmo gamers just hate to see an mmo title do well and go on to predict it's demise. You think anything positive would be decent news. Misery loves company.