Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NCSOFT 4Q 2015 Revenues

KabulozoKabulozo Member RarePosts: 932
edited February 2016 in The Pub at MMORPG.COM
Lineage 1 - 83,1 billion KRW
Guild Wars 2 - 37,3 billion KRW
Blade & Soul - 32,4 billion KRW
Lineage 2 - 20,0 billion KRW
Aion - 18,5 billion KRW
WILDSTAR - 2,6 billion KRW
Royalties - 29,1 billion KRW

Comments

• LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327
    ... is that Blade & Soul I see in third place right on the tail of GW2?  Nah, it couldn't be.  That's a 5/10 according to some "professional" reviews, and "trash" and a "terrible" game according to a segment of posters on this forum.  
  • KabulozoKabulozo Member RarePosts: 932
    edited February 2016
    ... is that Blade & Soul I see in third place right on the tail of GW2?  Nah, it couldn't be.  That's a 5/10 according to some "professional" reviews, and "trash" and a "terrible" game according to a segment of posters on this forum.  
    You know the boost of GW2 sales is the HoT expansion that got included only in 4Q. L2 boost is due to the Classic.
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    I feel bad for Wildstar.  I love the humor in that game.
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

Talonsin said:
    I feel bad for Wildstar.  I love the humor in that game.
    It may be axed soon.
  • GladDogGladDog Member RarePosts: 1,097
    That is world wide income.  Lineage 1 has over four times the income of Lineage II even though it has no servers in NA or EU.  Blade & Soul has been out in Korea, Japan and China for 3+ years (where virtually all of its income is and will be generated), but is probably not a game that has a broad appeal in NA and EU, although it will have its fair share of fans.  Enough for NCsoft to keep it going in these areas?  Only time will tell... NCsoft has shown over and over again that they will pull the plug on even profitable games if they are not considered profitable enough.

The world is going to the dogs, which is just how I planned it!

Xodic said:
    Yes, and it's also the first quarterly report since NA release. Meaning the next one will show how many people bought it and hated it. High initial response should be expected.

These are Q4 2015 revenues.  

BnS was released in NA in Q1.  

I'll let you try and figure it out.  
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Tagged

NC Soft is the king.  B)

Now where are the numbers from these other mmo companys? 
  • EponyxDamorEponyxDamor Member RarePosts: 749
    edited February 2016
    Happy to see Wildstar doing a little better since it went F2P. Hopefully it continues to improve for them; maybe Steam will bring them some more income.
    edited February 2016
    Xodic said:
    Yes, and it's also the first quarterly report since NA release. Meaning the next one will show how many people bought it and hated it. High initial response should be expected.

People forgot this detail, B&S NA sales will only be put in the next report. But it wont make a substancial difference.
  • stevebombsquadstevebombsquad Member UncommonPosts: 884
    Kabulozo said:
    Aion - 18,5 billion KRW

Wow, that is really low for GW2. That missed the projections by a long ways.

James T. Kirk: All she's got isn't good enough! What else ya got?

• donger56donger56 Member RarePosts: 443
    Recore said:

Don't hold your breath. Companies like Trion and Daybreak are private and aren't obligated to release any numbers publicly. Blizzard and NcSoft have to release this sort of info since they are public companies. 
    edited February 2016

I know right?

http://www.pcgamer.com/wildstar-review/
    Kabulozo said:
    Aion - 18,5 billion KRW

Nobody would expect the expansion would make over 100 billion like the launch quarter.
    donger56 said:
    Recore said:

Don't hold your breath. Companies like Trion and Daybreak are private and aren't obligated to release any numbers publicly. Blizzard and NcSoft have to release this sort of info since they are public companies. 

After the last report Blizzard said they would not release numbers anymore for WoW. 
    Kabulozo said:
    Kabulozo said:
    Aion - 18,5 billion KRW

Nobody would expect the expansion would make over 100 billion like the launch quarter.
    The projections were a lot higher... https://www.kdbdw.com/bbs/download/192028.pdf?attachmentId=192028 

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Good quarter for Lineage; less than a certain recent estimate! but a good quarter.

For WS though - just over $2M for the quarter which will include any initial bump from the honeymoon period - dot, dot, dot
    DMKano said:
    Recore said:
    donger56 said:
    Recore said:

After the last report Blizzard said they would not release numbers anymore for WoW. 
    Correct - public companies don't have to release any player numbers - they do however have to disclose revenue.

Good, when is the report coming?
    edited February 2016

• DeathengerDeathenger Member UncommonPosts: 880
    Happy to see Wildstar doing a little better since it went F2P. Hopefully it continues to improve for them; maybe Steam will bring them some more income.
    Although I couldn't really get into Wildstar, I was really hoping it would do good.

edited February 2016
    Xodic said:
    Xodic said:

OK, gotcha. Guess I'll try reading next time.

Reading and viewing things from an unbiased and objective point view usually goes a long way in preventing non-constructive knee jerk reactions.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• LazzaroLazzaro Member UncommonPosts: 548
    I hope Steam can bring more people in to WS, but if not I don't know how much longer it can last.
  • EponyxDamorEponyxDamor Member RarePosts: 749
    edited February 2016
    DMKano said:
    Lazzaro said:
    I hope Steam can bring more people in to WS, but if not I don't know how much longer it can last.
    Bringing players in won't do anything.

It's about bringing players and getting them to spend money, LOTs of money - that would help them.
    It's the first step, though. They can't spend on WildStar if they don't play WildStar.

Hopefully Steam can at least bring more people to WildStar; hopefully the developers can do the rest. Arcterra + Steam could be a big turning point for WildStar, or it could be the final nail in the coffin, so to speak.
  • LazzaroLazzaro Member UncommonPosts: 548
    DMKano said:
    Lazzaro said:
    Bringing players in won't do anything.

It's about bringing players and getting them to spend money, LOTs of money - that would help them.
    Well, yea, but they need people first so they can actually spend the money in the shop
  • KiyorisKiyoris Member RarePosts: 2,130
    why do people care about that awful company