Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[STATUS] - List of all features promised for a complete game (regularly updated)

MrSnufflesMrSnuffles Member UncommonPosts: 1,117

This thread is to keep track of all the stretch goals and other promised features and what has actually been implemented. @Erillion please feel free to participate and post updates in here if something went into a patch i missed.

Let's make this a go to thread to see how far we are to a feature complete game.

Gameplay Mechanics

• S M L Ship Hangar
  • XL Ship Hangar
  • Fleshed out (as opposed to the stop gap solution we have now) repair mechanics
  • Fleshed out refuelling
  • Object persistence/permanent ownership
  • Physical EVA
  • Conversation system
  • NPC casual (non-violent) behaviour
  • Economy/Universe NPC simulation
  • Job and Contract creation
  • Mining mechanics
  • Salvaging mechanics
  • Cargo hauling mechanics
  • "Grabby hands"
  • Crime mechanics (flagged as having committed a crime, bounty created, local security alerted)
  • Theft mechanics (altered object ownership)
  • Layered clothing/Character customisation/Women
  • Shopping/Money
  • Atmospheric landing/ Air traffic control
  • Transport of information/ News reporting stuff
  • Science/research game-play
  • Jump point game-play/detection
  • Fleshed out scanning/stealth + Sensors (system level)
  • Interior systems (power, heat management etc)
  • Physically based damage
  • Organizational controls, diplomacy
  • Station ownership
  • Reputation system
  • Navigation
  • Boarding mechanics
  • Over-clocking
  • Drink serving?
  • Audio*Visual equipment repair
  • Grouping/wings/coordination mechanics
  • Turret mechanics
  • Insurance
  • VOIP
Star Marine / FPS (discontinued and now merged into PU)
  • Cover
  • Positions (kneeling, prone)
  • Peeking/Leaning
  • Different weapon types (ballistic, laser, etc)
  • Destructible environment
  • Increased poly-count
  • More physically accurate materials
  • Fixing and limiting Anti-Aliasing issues
  • Customization system
  • Character Modularity
  • Character Optimization and levels of detail
  • Multi-Layer Blending
  • Character Class and Type specifics
  • PU Character Standards

Physical Content

• ~100 solar systems
  • Space stations (lots)
  • "Hero" landing zones (hand crafted like Area 18) Anyone know how many of these there will be at launch?
  • Jump point interiors (wormhole appearance/generation)
  • FPS weapons and armour
  • Implementing procedural moons/ moon bases
  • Ground Vehicle(s) - whatever that thing in the carrack and connie is.
  • Remaining ships: We already have a ship progress thread so we leave it out of this one.

Have faith!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"It's pretty simple, really. If your only intention in posting about a particular game or topic is to be negative, then yes, you should probably move on. Voicing a negative opinion is fine, continually doing so on the same game is basically just trolling."
- Michael Bitton
Community Manager, MMORPG.com

"As an online discussion about Star Citizen grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Derek Smart approaches 1" - MrSnuffles's law

"I am jumping in here a bit without knowing exactly what you all or talking about." 
- SEANMCAD

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    The Hangar is by no means finished,laggiest zone i have ever witnessed in a game since a zone inside of Project Gorgon.My ship was vibrating all over the floor because of some bug,so pretty sad that a near empty Hangar can have such a big issue,it definitely needs more work.

I would also say that simply delivering 4 walls,does not a Hangar make,i would think people are expecting a LOT more than 4 wall...well and a ceiling lol.....and a floor.
    IMO absolutely nothing is i n a finished state not one area of the game.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• DaikuruDaikuru Member RarePosts: 797
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

- Albert Einstein

• MrSnufflesMrSnuffles Member UncommonPosts: 1,117
    edited February 2016
    Wizardry said:
    The Hangar is by no means finished,laggiest zone i have ever witnessed in a game since a zone inside of Project Gorgon.My ship was vibrating all over the floor because of some bug,so pretty sad that a near empty Hangar can have such a big issue,it definitely needs more work.

I would also say that simply delivering 4 walls,does not a Hangar make,i would think people are expecting a LOT more than 4 wall...well and a ceiling lol.....and a floor.
    IMO absolutely nothing is i n a finished state not one area of the game.
    Technically the Hangar for small, medium and large ships works. It's there. Missing is the XL ships.

...and of cause polish but i could add that to everything.

Also, i had to add something to cross out or it might have looked bad. ;)

Nothing is finished: 

"It's pretty simple, really. If your only intention in posting about a particular game or topic is to be negative, then yes, you should probably move on. Voicing a negative opinion is fine, continually doing so on the same game is basically just trolling."
    - Michael Bitton

"As an online discussion about Star Citizen grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Derek Smart approaches 1" - MrSnuffles's law

"I am jumping in here a bit without knowing exactly what you all or talking about." 
    - SEANMCAD

• BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    edited February 2016
    Three years ago this dude did a review on Star Citizen. What I found odd when I watch it today, I ask myself where is this game he shows that Chris Roberts started in 2011?

You have to sit there, scratch your head and wonder WTF?

I also have to wonder why so many are blaming illfonic for Star Marine getting axed. I mean Chris Roberts was controlling every aspect of these games. Yet today it is gone and people blame illfonic. I have to ask when does Chris Roberts get blamed for all this time and money spent on nothing? When I look at what they have right now, it looks like they are still putting an engine together to build these games from scratch. 

Just seems like nothing has changed and the past is repeating it self when it comes to Chris Roberts. 
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

Brenics said:
    Three years ago this dude did a review on Star Citizen. What I found odd when I watch it today, I ask myself where is this game he shows that Chris Roberts started in 2011?

You have to sit there, scratch your head and wonder WTF?

I also have to wonder why so many are blaming illfonic for Star Marine getting axed. I mean Chris Roberts was controlling every aspect of these games. Yet today it is gone and people blame illfonic. I have to ask when does Chris Roberts get blamed for all this time and money spent on nothing? When I look at what they have right now, it looks like they are still putting an engine together to build these games from scratch. 

Just seems like nothing has changed and the past is repeating it self when it comes to Chris Roberts. 
    The explanation is rather simple. Roberts picked CryEngine because it is easy to do really great concepts in it that look absolutely stunning. Pretty much everyone with a little knowledge can get really great results with the engine in very little time.

Then reality hit him when his programmers told him that the Engine does not support any of the features required for a game of the scope he promised.

That is when the cutting back, delays and the acquisition of ex CryTek staff began in a desperate attempt to salvage the project and jury rig the engine to deliver the promises.

What you see in Alpha PU is the result.

SQ42 is not a big deal, you can make that in CryEngine. But you need a separate code base which will not help the PU at all.

- Michael Bitton

- SEANMCAD

• BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    I was calling it Pre Pre Alpha, but starting to think they are in concept mode right now. If you say SQ42 can be done, how far away you think they are in doing that? I just can't believe they have a lot of money left if you look at last 3 years. Heck they may be working on a monthly check and if it dips below lets say 3 million they could start running into problems. 
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    I love these threads.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• Adjuvant1Adjuvant1 Member RarePosts: 2,100
    Roin said:
    I love these threads.

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,381

How about co-op in SQ42 and private servers?   Co-op has been dropped (no, the sim pod does not count),  and private servers are delayed til sometime after the PU release.  Which could mean a long, long time.  

Too bad, I thought both those features were pretty good ones....

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

How about co-op in SQ42 and private servers?   Co-op has been dropped (no, the sim pod does not count),  and private servers are delayed til sometime after the PU release.  Which could mean a long, long time.  

Too bad, I thought both those features were pretty good ones....

Original Kickstarter pitch had local/player hosted CoOp. That got dropped too, sadly.

While we are at it, here is a little screenshot of the schedule they presented before things changed...again:

- Michael Bitton

- SEANMCAD

• Turrican187Turrican187 Member UncommonPosts: 787
    edited February 2016
    You should link the avaiable design documents with the features. It would also be interesting on which way the feature was introduced (10FTC, 10 FTD, kickstarter ...)

When you have cake, it is not the cake that creates the most magnificent of experiences, but it is the emotions attached to it.
    The cake is a lie.

edited February 2016

Brenics said:
    I was calling it Pre Pre Alpha, but starting to think they are in concept mode right now. If you say SQ42 can be done, how far away you think they are in doing that? I just can't believe they have a lot of money left if you look at last 3 years. Heck they may be working on a monthly check and if it dips below lets say 3 million they could start running into problems. 
    Since they split SQ42 into 3 Episodes with 5 Chapters each, they should be able to push out the first 10 missions this year or early next year. They have assets and the CryEngine can easily do a Wing Commander style game that is linear. They also have the mocaps which by now should be cleaned up and ready to use in the engine.

The game will not be great. It's going to be Chris Roberts awful writing compared with the awful acting of his wife. Think Halo style walking around with multiple choice dialog and some space shoot the hud squares missions in between. Don't expect any epic space battles with capital ships. The scenarios will look great though thanks to the CryEngine.

I am pretty sure they will be able to push out 10 missions for either XMAS or the early 2017 sales.

Have faith!

- Michael Bitton

- SEANMCAD

I am seeing procedural moons, does this include the procedural planets with atmospheric flight and hunting (also birds)

When you have cake, it is not the cake that creates the most magnificent of experiences, but it is the emotions attached to it.
    The cake is a lie.

edited February 2016
    I am seeing procedural moons, does this include the procedural planets with atmospheric flight and hunting (also birds)
    Atmospheric landing/Air traffic control which includes that the planets will be procedural and there will be a cut-scene showing you how you land. I am not sure if it is Moons or Planets and i think CR is not sure either. Let's keep it generic.

I know that Chris Roberts wants everything in this game including pets (/smh) but i have not heard anything concrete about freely flying across planets landing wherever you want and hunting (in the style of No Man's Sky).

If you have please feel free to post a link and i include it.

As for your other request to include the sources. Meh, i am lazy but if i get bored at some point i will include them. Sorry.

Have faith!

- Michael Bitton

- SEANMCAD

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    There is more complete list with some sources linked here:  https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/2e2vk5/keeping_em_honest_take_ii_a_breakdown_of_claims/

Also, since "Mr. Rabbit" seems to be too busy working at his desk at CIG to notice this thread and comment, I will defend CR for him...

Leave Chris and Sandi alone...  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqSTXuJeTks

Those features are things he wants to do, not promises made to you.  If you purchased the game due to some feature being talked about then you are stupid

The game isnt out yet, how can you put features in a game that is not fully developed yet?

All those features will be in the complete game when it is finally launched in 2017, I mean 2018, no 2020 maybe.

Chris never said those things...

The "Official" website does not say Chris said that stuff so it isnt true.  Only what Chris puts on the official website is actually true.

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

Atmospheric landing/Air traffic control which includes that the planets will be procedural and there will be a cut-scene showing you how you land. I am not sure if it is Moons or Planets and i think CR is not sure either. Let's keep it generic.

I know that Chris Roberts wants everything in this game including pets (/smh) but i have not heard anything concrete about freely flying across planets landing wherever you want and hunting (in the style of No Man's Sky).

If you have please feel free to post a link and i include it.

As for your other request to include the sources. Meh, i am lazy but if i get bored at some point i will include them. Sorry.

Have faith!
    10FTC #74
    http://imperialnews.network/2016/01/10-for-the-chairman-episode-74/
    [...]
    So, one of the cool things with the procedural stuff which we’re already working on which is far more than what we showed is having a planet that has Crysis level fidelity of vegetation and details, we’ll have some wildlife and stuff. There will be places to go down and there will be an opportunity to do things like…collecting, mining minerals or hunting alien animals for their skins you can sell somewhere else or taking supplies to a small expedition outpost. I think there’s going to be a lot of immersion gameplay that we’re going to have and we’re going to put up points of interest or areas that will which will mostly be procedurally created so the designer will basically work with the world with the procedural tech and create something he likes and then sort of set some rules for it and that will determine a lot of things you can do. I think there’s going to be a lot of opportunity, it’s pretty exciting and we’ll be updating you as the year goes on that. Yeah, cool.
    [...]

The cake is a lie.