Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Immediate Access?

MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
Is there a way to support CU and gain immediate access to the current round of testing?  If so, is the testing continuous?

Thanks!

Comments

• WhiskeydustWhiskeydust Member UncommonPosts: 79
    Yes!  For One Millllllllllion Dollars........
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Yes!  For One Millllllllllion Dollars........
    You forgot the crazy muahahahahahahaha!
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Wow, you guys are tremendously helpful!  :)
  • Gaming.Rocks2Gaming.Rocks2 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    Beta 1 is pretty close so you can purchase I am the Warrior pack for $60 from their site and get in. 

Gaming Rocks next gen. community for last gen. gamers launching soon. 
  • time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    Wow, you guys are tremendously helpful!  :)
    on their site they have the tiered packages that should grant you access to the next upcoming pre-alpha, alpha, cbt1, cbt2, obt1, obt2, etc every other stage type stuff.  they have tiers that go into the hundreds of dollars. 

honestly though bud just wait for the game to get into close beta or open beta.  that way you dont burn out on it.  

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
    Yeahhhh, I'm anxious, but true enough, I don't want to burn out.  Only other game I've backed in development was Shroud of the Avatar, and I lost interest in that...
  • NcrediblebulkNcrediblebulk Member UncommonPosts: 138
    Yeahhhh, I'm anxious, but true enough, I don't want to burn out.  Only other game I've backed in development was Shroud of the Avatar, and I lost interest in that...
    As a backer of CU I agree with time007. Wait for beta 1 when they grant some people streaming privileges and drop the NDA to absolutely make sure it's something you are looking for.

If you absolutely can't wait you can back at the Warrior 2.0 Forever level and get alpha access. This will get you into almost every test they have.

"Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth."

edited December 2015
    I think the Warrior package for $60 sounds like the most reasonable for me.  Just browsing around the official site, I read that they hope to release Beta 1 by the end of this year.  Is that still the plan?

I THINK I'll enjoy CU as the RvR in DAoC was the most fun I've had doing PvP in any game.

Thanks!
  • LedrirLedrir Member UncommonPosts: 69
    I have not been interested in betas in the past.  However, if this game has a free open beta I think I might try to get in that.  I am really hoping this game will encourage grouping and community by focusing on fighting for a realm. 
  • meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    I think the Warrior package for $60 sounds like the most reasonable for me.  Just browsing around the official site, I read that they hope to release Beta 1 by the end of this year.  Is that still the plan?

I THINK I'll enjoy CU as the RvR in DAoC was the most fun I've had doing PvP in any game.

Thanks!

Beta 1 begins "Winter 2016" which definitely won't be anytime in the next 2 weeks. Figure sometime in March 2016 as a best case scenario. There is a Beta 1 Feature List user story card on the CU web site:

http://camelotunchained.com/v2/user-stories/

You can follow the progress of things getting checked off there to get a sense of how close they are to starting Beta 1. Currently no items have been checked off that card yet.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

Man, I'm really hurting for a game, but I'm going to wait for Beta 1.  $275 is wayyyyyyy too steep for Alpha.
  • meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    Man, I'm really hurting for a game, but I'm going to wait for Beta 1.  $275 is wayyyyyyy too steep for Alpha.
    I think that's a good call. CU isn't really a game yet. The current test stage involves a lot of repetitive systems testing which probably isn't what you are looking for.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• JamesGoblinJamesGoblin Member RarePosts: 1,242
    Speaking of tests, here is another little detail.

Take couple minutes to let that sink in.

W...aaagh?

Holy crap, is that 3,000 in one area I wonder?

Holy crap, is that 3,000 in one area I wonder?
    Well having 3000 on server/continent sized map wouldn't be something to brag about!?

I don't know details, but last thing I know from some time ago is that they reached 2000 on small map (maybe the size of a big battleground), the one they used until recently.
     W...aaagh?
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

Do you need a online game?
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

@MightyUnclean For what it's worth, full weekend test session just started and Beta 1 has access.

In case you were wondering, you can have Beta 1 from that $60 package.

W...aaagh?
    edited December 2015
    Thanks, JamesGoblin!

waynejr2, I keep trying single-player games on Steam, especially the new CRPG's.  I just can't seem to get into them without the online, social element.
    Post edited by MightyUnclean on
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    The tests aren't continuous, and more often than not occur during US weekdays.

I've got alpha access, but am not interested testing, which is really what it is all about now.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:

I've got alpha access, but am not interested testing, which is really what it is all about now.

Is the testing of actual RvR, or just vs. bots?  Any idea?
    Kyleran said:

Is the testing of actual RvR, or just vs. bots?  Any idea?
    @MightyUnclean My guess is that it is some (likely quite repetitive) testing; Nothing like modern early access stuff, at least not until Beta.
     W...aaagh?
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    It's actual alpha testing. Friend of mine does some and while fun its all about exercising the particular mechanic currently under development.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon