Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"Are you friendly?" - Best line ever

2»

Comments

• HellboundHeartHellboundHeart Member UncommonPosts: 390
    DAS1337 said:
    IceAge said:
    So , i looked up on twitch and saw this streamer "Lirik" streaming The Division with 38k viewers. Told myself I should watch it since I know nothing about the game.

Next think , the streamer and some friend, where running in-game to an "arrival point" mission. At some point, the friend said "hey, there is a subway station here, let's go" . 
    So they get in, in a dark atmosphere with low light. At some point, a player ( first I thought that he's an NPC ) came by right next to them, when the streamer stops and asks "Are you friendly?" ( all this with real voice , as it seems there is a system with in-game voice where players can talk and hear each-other ). The unknown player then said "Yes ... I am friendly!" and then goes "There is nothing here guys, I just checked everything" . Streamer goes like "Ok , thanks" and they moved on. 

Man! That was so real because of the real voice and the game's dark atmosphere and this was the best short thing I saw in an MMO. 

I really need to play this game.

Btw, how big is the game? I saw that everything happens in NYC and it's an open world, but is it big enough to support hundreds of players? Or there are people who will create custom servers?

Yes, I didn't read about the game yet, so any answers will be appreciated.

Thanks!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU THINK THIS IS AN MMO?? OPEN WORLD BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

In all seriousness. The entire game is instanced to YOURSELF. Its locked to YOURSELF ONLY unless you form a party. Then, its locked to YOUR PARTY ONLY. Your base.. all interaction with the game is done in 1 player instance only. There is no market. There is no trading. There is no economy. THERE ARE NO PLAYERS. The world is not open. The 2% of buildings that you can go into are basically like WOW caves. They are there and you know they are enter-able. Everything else is facade and empty. The quests are linear and must be repeated over and over. There is NOTHING else to do in this game except grind single player quests in your single player world. When you invite three friends, the quests stay the same difficulty. No scaling.. NOTHING. 

There is ONE multiplayer aspect and thats the DARKZONE. HoLY FUCK i cannot explain how terrible it is. Its a the tiniest piece of shit. It takes about 1 minute to run across it. It supports a max of 16 players per instance. There are hardly any NPCs to find and kill. There are even less players. Its 90% running around listening to awesome ubisoft battle noises in the background. Literally NOTHING to do. occasionally youll fight something.. maybe a shit piece of green gear will drop. Then youll call in an extraction and if you are LUCKY, a group of 4 will come murder you at the point. I say LUCKY, because thats the only player interaction youll get in this game.

Fuck.. I stood at the darkzone calling for extracts every 90 secs for 1 hour. Just to see other players and say hi to them. There is NOTHING to do in this game and it is 10000000% not an open world MMO. Do yourself a favor. Go to gamestop.. drop 5 bucks and see for yourself. 
    BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Devs said beta is only 10% of the game.

Pretty sure you don't know shit from a limited beta.

On another note, chack my stream too, it's not you're own instance LOL. We saw plenty of people we were not grouped with lol. I was even shooting at a dude on accident, which I call out in my live stream: http://www.twitch.tv/gamemasters101/v/38881028 yes, in the city too.

We also grouped with several groups and love the in game chat too, makes it very friendly and open.
    I had never, in my nearly 8 hours of gameplay, seen a single PC in the open world.  Dark Zone, yes.  Open world?  No.  There are tons of players in the starter base.  But you walk out of the gates, and everyone is gone. 

I'm not going to watch your whole stream, because I know you're wrong.  You must have been in the dark zone.
    Thats because we rushed to the dark zone. Duh. 

Are you going to stay in the open world with only ONE mission there, or go to the dark zone?

By the way, been streaming for 3 days and just now, last night at 8pm eastern us time, got into the dark zone for the first time.

You don't want to watch because im right. Again, watch my stream, im standing outside the hospital mission and people are coming out and fast traveling to their friends at the dark zone entrance. 

Yeah, wanna stay invisable to the world, have a buddy leave the dark zone with you, stay at the entrance to the dark zone while a buddy teleports to the base to empty the stash and teleport back. Been doing that all last night.

So yeah, no wonder you saw nobody. Why walk to a friend when you can teleport. 

As of 8pm eastern last night, I have yet to actually run down a street in the PvE world.

Fast travel = Best friend.
  • DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    My point stands.  If you aren't grouped, you won't see anyone.  I play on PC.  The only places that you will see another player is the starter hub and the dark zone.  You will not see them in the open world.  You won't see them at your base.  You won't even see them in dark zone safe houses.  Unless you are in a group, you will not see a soul.  If you thought you saw someone, you are mistaken. 

I have spent most of my time in the PvE area.  And you admittedly spent very little time there.  There probably were at least half a dozen missions and a base mission.  With quite a bit of extra content if you actually took some time to explore the areas.  I've found the majority of collectibles in the open world.  There is a bit more to explore than people think, but it's not obvious, so people assume it doesn't exist. 

Anyways, why would I go to the dark zone solo?  I tried it, it was hit or miss.  Extracted some gear, killed some mobs.  Not everyone tried to kill me.  I got what I needed out of it, but not playing with a group puts you at a massive disadvantage.  So I probably spent less than a total hour in there. 
    DAS1337 said:

I have spent most of my time in the PvE area.  And you admittedly spent very little time there.  
    I'll quote myself here, " last night at 8pm eastern us time, got into the dark zone for the first time."

I played for 3 hours last night.

So most of my time was spent in PvE the first 2 days.

So, I think you need to read before posting.

DAS1337 said:

Anyways, why would I go to the dark zone solo?  I tried it, it was hit or miss.  Extracted some gear, killed some mobs.  Not everyone tried to kill me.  I got what I needed out of it, but not playing with a group puts you at a massive disadvantage.  So I probably spent less than a total hour in there. 
    You can join us tonight. We need a fifth person.
  • fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    I really want to try this game, I hear there's an open beta coming soon?

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• ScottgunScottgun Member UncommonPosts: 528
    fivoroth said:
    Yep. Feb 16-21.
  • DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    DAS1337 said:

I have spent most of my time in the PvE area.  And you admittedly spent very little time there.  
    I'll quote myself here, " last night at 8pm eastern us time, got into the dark zone for the first time."

I played for 3 hours last night.

So most of my time was spent in PvE the first 2 days.

So, I think you need to read before posting.
    And you'd still be wrong about seeing people in the open world. 
  • ScottgunScottgun Member UncommonPosts: 528
    Scottgun said:
    fivoroth said:
    Yep. Feb 16-21.
    Wait. Spoke too soon. An open beta is unconfirmed at this point.