Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best class for small group ganks

Comments

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    tats27 said:

I would love to be known as a notorious ganker who you had to watch out for every time you were in a certain zone. You would have to have a friend, or three, with you at all time because otherwise me and my small group would kill you. On the other end of the spectrum, there would be times where a victim's guild would punish us for the ganks and we be forced to hide out for a while until things cooled down.

That sounds like fun to me.

I agree, that is actually what makes an owpvp game interesting and attractive. There is not really much of a sense of danger in mmos without this kind of thing.

Also, as far as I know BDO does not have harsh death penalties and you can pretty much just go anywhere so ganking should add a bit of spice to the game rather than being a complete turnoff for people who aren't into it. 

• saurus123saurus123 Member UncommonPosts: 678
    tats27 said:
    With the new PVP updates and the addition of the outlaw town I'm thinking I'll be spending a lot of time PK'n.

Since Ninja won't be available on launch, what class do you all think will be the best at hit and run sort of attacks?

I'm leaning Sorc, but I haven't tested Giant, Wizard, or Tamer yet.
    just touch me and i will smash you with my wallet
  • PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977
    How many OP's does this thread have?  I count 3 so far...
  • LunaisLunais Member UncommonPosts: 2
    edited December 2015
        Long time reader but 1st time poster. I give almost every MMO a chance since I like to try them for myself and Black Desert is one of the ones I am going to try out. I felt like posting my response to this one.

I never play the gank role but I have zero issue with the ones that do. I like playing MMO's where I always have to be looking over my shoulder. For me its a thrill, especially when you are prepared for it and the ganker ends up  losing the fight. That anticipation has served me well in turning the gank in my favor more often than not. I've done arena/battlegrounds/GvG/duels in multiple MMO's and those are controlled fights. Overworld pvp cannot be matched by those in the emotion you feel because of its unpredictability. I enjoy all forms of pvp combat, including being attacked.

I remember back in WoW days when I had a minority of friends who would complain because they kept getting ganked by Alliance in Burning Crusade Outlands. Stop complaining seriously. Do not join a pvp server. People like to pvp for different reasons.  If you are allowed to gank people than so be it. Get good and prepare or have a group protecting you or roll pve server ect. 
  • RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    tats27 said:
    With the new PVP updates and the addition of the outlaw town I'm thinking I'll be spending a lot of time PK'n.

Since Ninja won't be available on launch, what class do you all think will be the best at hit and run sort of attacks?

I'm leaning Sorc, but I haven't tested Giant, Wizard, or Tamer yet.
    For solo, Ranger or Tamer (depending on skill level). For duo/trio 2 x Ranger & a Warrior.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• HighMarshalHighMarshal Member UncommonPosts: 414
    A very minority of games have PvP. Its all gear vs gear and Class vs Class. The person with the better gear has the advantage along with whatever class is OP at the moment.

For true player vs player, there would be no classes and all stats for gear would be equalized along with numbers of players in the fight. Only then would the skill of one player be tested against the skill of another player, but  PvPers would not ever play a game like that.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Unbalanced pvp is the best pvp. The type that makes you reroll.  =)
  • TsiyaTsiya Member UncommonPosts: 280
    My husband is one of the nicest people I know, and he's what I consider a "griefer" in games where it's available. I prefer group pvp a la DAoC. It takes all kinds, but getting ganked has made more people ragequit a game than anything else. It's one of the best ways to ensure that in a couple of months you're playing an RPG.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    That will be the Upper Class
  • mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626
    You have a choice of being the Sheriff with a badge and a gun, or the lady in the bonnet running to hide. It's sad how many of you want to be the lady in the bonnet. 
  • HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535
    I love when people try to gank me while I'm out and about, adds another element of danger. Especially if you win against the gank, makes for a very salty time.

If people want to play that way, let them. They play a video game to get enjoyment out of it.
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    Tsiya said:
    My husband is one of the nicest people I know, and he's what I consider a "griefer" in games where it's available. I prefer group pvp a la DAoC. It takes all kinds, but getting ganked has made more people ragequit a game than anything else. It's one of the best ways to ensure that in a couple of months you're playing an RPG.
    Quite true.  I enjoy PvP and I look for others that enjoy PvP and will give me a challenge.  I don't hang out with a group of sissies jumping lower level players.  That is not PvP, just is just being a bully and really is counter-productive to having a good community.  The fact that OP would want to be known as this type of person say's quite a bit about him/her.  None of it good.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• Gaming.Rocks2Gaming.Rocks2 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    Grinding resources should be hard and not just time consuming. It adds to the value of resources. I'd love a game that would encourage or even force gatherers/traders to hire body guards.
    Not that I am a ganker, nor looking for a job as a body guard. I'd just like to hire people and boss them around. Protect me! Kill that funny looking dude! Rub my feet! 
    Gaming Rocks next gen. community for last gen. gamers launching soon. 
  • mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626
    Torval said:
    mcrippins said:
    You have a choice of being the Sheriff with a badge and a gun, or the lady in the bonnet running to hide. It's sad how many of you want to be the lady in the bonnet. 
    It's sort of sad that you have to make misogynist remarks and put other people down to validate yourself. That's why western pvp games always end up ghost towns. PvP ends up being asshat gankfests and very few people want to play that. When all that is left are people who can really pvp the gankers go because they suck and don't have easy marks to pick on.

I doubt Black Desert will end up a gankers paradise though. There is a pretty strict karma system, unless Daum ditches it, and gankers will find themselves hunted and dropping their gear, much like in Lineage.
    Not trying to put people down. It just baffles me that when the choice is presented in a video game, people choose cowardice, as opposed to fighting for your right to exist in the world. 
  • ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178
    edited February 2016
    wormed said:
    If someone has fun ganking, that's a good enough reason. You know, the whole point of games? To have fun. Who cares if it conflicts with your own version of fun. Irrelevant.

Funny that their idea of fun is more important than my idea of fun...
    Smells like you are a PVP person..
    I am not responsible for your entertainment. If you want me to entertain you, then you should pay me. I treuly do not care if you are entertained or are crying in a corner because of bad virtual people. That btw is coming from someone who sucks at PVP, does not gank and usually am the one who is being ganked. 

They are responsible for there own entertainment and have no obligation toward you. Seems rather entitled that people should not play a game one way, just so you have more fun. 

Torval said:
    It's sort of sad that you have to make misogynist remarks and put other people down to validate yourself. That's why western pvp games always end up ghost towns. 

Either you are female Sheriff who fights or a female with a bonnet who runs? How is that even misogynist? Oh...wait YOU assumed the sheriff was a male? That is kinda misogynistic would you not say?
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    I think I'm part of a group that has no interest in PvE as long as open world ganking exists. 
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    mcrippins said:
    Torval said:
    mcrippins said:
    It's sort of sad that you have to make misogynist remarks and put other people down to validate yourself. That's why western pvp games always end up ghost towns. PvP ends up being asshat gankfests and very few people want to play that. When all that is left are people who can really pvp the gankers go because they suck and don't have easy marks to pick on.

I doubt Black Desert will end up a gankers paradise though. There is a pretty strict karma system, unless Daum ditches it, and gankers will find themselves hunted and dropping their gear, much like in Lineage.
    Not trying to put people down. It just baffles me that when the choice is presented in a video game, people choose cowardice, as opposed to fighting for your right to exist in the world. 

That's always been my thought as well. I get that people aren't interested in conflict but don't play a game that has pvp in it. It's that easy.

And as I've mentioned elsewhere, one would be surprised how often these pk'ers aren't that great. Oh sure, there are going to be some infamous, notorious "rogues" who are just going to be "feared" but just because someone has a "red" name doesn't mean they are better than you.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • BellomoBellomo Member UncommonPosts: 184

For the people who do not agree with ganking please leave your in game name here so I wont gank you .  Thanks  

:)

• simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    Rhoklaw said:
    Gankers definitely are the types of people in need of validation. I don't think I've ever heard anyone who ganks talk in a civilized or productive manner. I see internet tough guys, the keyboard warriors and the gamers who prey on the weak. What I don't see is anything even remotely close to being competitive. So let's not fool ourselves into thinking you are elite because you can kill lowbies.

So with that being said, BDO is a game that offers a wide range of possibilities. Play how you want and lets not worry about turning these forums into a pissing contest.
    Show us on the doll where the bad ganker touched you. 
  • RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    Rhoklaw said:
    Gankers definitely are the types of people in need of validation. I don't think I've ever heard anyone who ganks talk in a civilized or productive manner. I see internet tough guys, the keyboard warriors and the gamers who prey on the weak. What I don't see is anything even remotely close to being competitive. So let's not fool ourselves into thinking you are elite because you can kill lowbies.

So with that being said, BDO is a game that offers a wide range of possibilities. Play how you want and lets not worry about turning these forums into a pissing contest.
    He isn't wrong though. PvPers and Gankers are two very different animals. I've never met a ganker in my life that wanted a challenge. 

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

Roin said:
    Rhoklaw said:

He isn't wrong though. PvPers and Gankers are two very different animals. I've never met a ganker in my life that wanted a challenge. 
    It's just a part of PVP. People get so worked up when some person across the country kill their low level virtual pixels. 
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Karnage69 said:
    Come on people, the OP isn't trying to hide his inability to be good at PvP. He even titled this thread with the word "gank", implying he would rather have the upper-hand at all times, never an even playing field. Fighting fair is not what the OP is going for. Honor? Not a chance. He doesn't have to pay for his actions in real life. There is no fist that will come out of his monitor to break his jaw. There is no "disqualified" for the way he wants to play. Just give him the advice on a character and leave him to his weak sense of morals.
    Your the only one that gets this. Open world pvp mmo's are made for guys like this. And its also the reason why these types of games fail in the long run. Guys like this suck at pvp and would rather gank low level players and the proof is all the replies from people saying that its real pvp. Everyone one of them sucks at real pvp. They have never faced off against someone their own level. But i'm sure they will post they have. In every open world pvp mmo i've ever played,not once was i killed by someone the same level as me. Its always been some jerk off high/max level player and then they camp your body. 
    Torval said:
    mcrippins said:
    Torval said:
    mcrippins said:

Except you did put people down to make your point. You can just say what you've said, and I agree with it. Don't mess with the bull if you're afraid of the horns.
    PVP, ganking or otherwise, should only be done in the most honorable and gentlemanly way possible. To uphold your E-Honor, a time and place should be decided upon. After that an emoted interaction between the two players should occur at the nearest Inn where they share a drink. This leads to more emoted interactions and a gentlemanly duel occurs. Proceeding the duel, the two parties wish each other well and go on their way. 
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    Roin said:

It's just a part of PVP. People get so worked up when some person across the country kill their low level virtual pixels. 
    eh, I think it's important to put that in perspective.

"Some people" like to use the "pixels" argument in order to infer that none of that is any big deal. Essentially "it doesn't exist".

But the argument doesn't hold up. If a person is doing something, whether it's solid or "virtual" they are still spending time, money and effort. Just because something is "pixels" doesn't mean that a person should be any less pissed off.

No, the real issue is that people who don't like open pvp should not be playing open world pvp games. It's the simplest solution. Yet they insist on doing it and they waste their "time, money, effort".
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • BellomoBellomo Member UncommonPosts: 184

Gankers make the best pvpers hands down. Its the people that cry about ganking that are horrible at pvp.