Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sephirot Lore Revealed In 3.2 Patch Preview

ShelassaShelassa MMORPG.COM Staff UncommonPosts: 616
edited February 2016 in News & Features Discussion

imageSephirot Lore Revealed In 3.2 Patch Preview

The Final Fantasy XIV's site has been updated with a small preview of one of the three towering pillars, named Sephirot. Sephirot will require a part of eight players to defeat and is available in normal and extreme difficulty.

Read the full story here

Comments

• SoloAnythingSoloAnything Member UncommonPosts: 308
    SE is running out of names now days and is using similiar names of previous mobs.
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    SE is running out of names now days and is using similiar names of previous mobs.
    They've been doing that for ages... it's like a tradition with them... just about every Final Fantasy game had a Cid, an Ifrit, Shiva, Bahamut, etc...

I'm guessing they've decided it was time to add Sephy to the mix of returning names. Possibly to remind people that they've got a FFVII remake in the works too! :pleased: 

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    Recurring characters like the primals I don't mind. I think the fan service gets a little out of hand when Lightning and "Sephirot" show up, but I'm not really surprised by it. I think SE as a company is incapable of making interesting characters. Every character is a boring rehashed trope. In FFXIII they had a black man ghetto-ishly dual wielding pistols with a chicken living in his afro who also happened to have abandonment problems with his kid. I mean, really? And the sad thing is, he was actually a breath of fresh air in the usual lineup of whiny kid, angry kid, kooky kid, strong silent kid, etc. 

Shrugs... I really think I've just outgrown Final Fantasy as a franchise at this point. 
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Recurring characters like the primals I don't mind. I think the fan service gets a little out of hand when Lightning and "Sephirot" show up, but I'm not really surprised by it. I think SE as a company is incapable of making interesting characters. Every character is a boring rehashed trope. In FFXIII they had a black man ghetto-ishly dual wielding pistols with a chicken living in his afro who also happened to have abandonment problems with his kid. I mean, really? And the sad thing is, he was actually a breath of fresh air in the usual lineup of whiny kid, angry kid, kooky kid, strong silent kid, etc. 

Shrugs... I really think I've just outgrown Final Fantasy as a franchise at this point. 
    As a fan of Final Fantsy, i try to pretend that FFXIII doesn't exist, its just better that way :p
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Phry said:

As a fan of Final Fantsy, i try to pretend that FFXIII doesn't exist, its just better that way :p
    Pretty much the FF game that made me lose interest in the series. I absolutely detested the character cast on that one, with the idiot that had a friggin' bird living in his hair taking the top spot on my hate list. The sheer number of obnoxious kids in the cast certainly didn't help either.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• Asch126Asch126 Member RarePosts: 543

Phry said:

Pretty much the FF game that made me lose interest in the series. I absolutely detested the character cast on that one, with the idiot that had a friggin' bird living in his hair taking the top spot on my hate list. The sheer number of obnoxious kids in the cast certainly didn't help either.

Please don't make me remember Hope. Every time he was on-screen is pure torture.
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,361
    edited February 2016
    Sephirot means FIEND in japanese, thats why is called that way

remember is Sephirot (NOT SEPHIROTH ) http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Fiend_(Final_Fantasy_VI) Fiend (FFVI) image
  • ShaiapoufShaiapouf Member UncommonPosts: 53
    Yep, his original English name(s) would sound stupid otherwise. I mean...his names were "Fiend" and "Doom", just like the others were "Demon"/"Poltergeist" and "Goddess", who will probably be getting renames also. They also talked on the new dungeons final boss, and how to name him because of the "newer" and "older" spellings, so here was probably the same since the old names are nostalgic but...kinda terrible at times.

Sephirot though doesn't mean Fiend in Japanese (Which is Majin), but is a thing which is the various attributes of "God" in Kabbalah, which is somewhat fitting for an ancient races "God", no?
  • Mighty_PlatypusMighty_Platypus Member UncommonPosts: 101
    I would Hope and whatever the girl caster with the horrifyingly annoying voice were the two worst characters. Lightning wasn't that bad, and it was nice to see her character develop, as little as it did, as the story progressed. I do hope they are able to bring back the days where they had great stories for the various characters they introduce in the game, while also keeping the grand scale story in place as well. FF VI how I miss you.
  • mentoplusmentoplus Member UncommonPosts: 73
    I would Hope and whatever the girl caster with the horrifyingly annoying voice were the two worst characters. Lightning wasn't that bad, and it was nice to see her character develop, as little as it did, as the story progressed. I do hope they are able to bring back the days where they had great stories for the various characters they introduce in the game, while also keeping the grand scale story in place as well. FF VI how I miss you.
    You could replace lightning with a potato and the game would be the same, id doesn't even have to be an animated potato 
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    So what? It's just a freaking shout out. No one threw a fit when Robby Flay showed up in Stormwind City
  • XImpalerXXImpalerX Member UncommonPosts: 606
    edited February 2016
    Nothing major, but the author left the y off of "party" in the first paragraph.
  • TerminalDeityTerminalDeity Member UncommonPosts: 133
    edited February 2016
    Completely irrelevant, but I just started playing this on my new PS4, and I LOVE it. Definitely the way to play this game. Game didn't grab me the first time, but it's like it was made to play on a console. I'm not even normally a console gamer lol. Anyway... carry on.
  • AkashicRecordsAkashicRecords Member UncommonPosts: 7
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sephirot please guys don't be so fucking ignorant to think the name is only from FF7...
  • umcorianumcorian Member UncommonPosts: 519
    edited February 2016
    No 15 foot long phallic object. No revealing black vinyl costume. No gorgeous flowing white hair.

Clicked to see if my favorite homoerotic boycrush was being Fan Serviced in. Got a lesson in Japanese language instead. Didn't get my money's worth on this one, I'm sorry to say.