Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thinking of coming back to game

2»

Comments

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Leon1e said:
    I just rolled a brand new character. I haven't really gotten back on any of my 80s, Just wanted to see how they changed the NPE again. (Wasn't necessary the 1st time).  I started my usually GW2 New toon routine. Before doing anything in zones, get all POIs in all cities. So i haven't gotten out into the world yet. But the cities, especially Lion's Arch, seem awfully empty.

Is there a new central hub in HoT that players are hanging around in or is the population really suffering?
    (I hope it's the former)
    Yes, in the guild halls. 

To the OP, if you plan on playing from scratch, go ahead and do so. If you plan to do endgame content, I advise you to wait couple of more weeks until they release their patches that supposedly will fix lots of wrongs with the expack. 

Good thing that you are not looking at the pvp scene atm. PvP in the current meta is a joke. They did say they'll change it in few weeks (next week?) but we'll have to wait and see. Crossing fingers to get interesting matchups with no bunkers around. 

I still have my doubts though. Since the fix for thief apparently is increasing the damage auto attack is doing. We'll have to wait and see :) 
    Thank you. Good to know. I'll carry on then.
  • Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066
    edited January 2016
    I just rolled a brand new character. I haven't really gotten back on any of my 80s, Just wanted to see how they changed the NPE again. (Wasn't necessary the 1st time).  I started my usually GW2 New toon routine. Before doing anything in zones, get all POIs in all cities. So i haven't gotten out into the world yet. But the cities, especially Lion's Arch, seem awfully empty.

Is there a new central hub in HoT that players are hanging around in or is the population really suffering?
    (I hope it's the former)
    Between guild halls, 6 meta event maps, raids, tequatl and triple wurm, the new shared inventory slots (allowing permanent bank contracts, mystic forge conduits and stuff like permanent air ship passes, to be shared by the entire account), towns became much less important.

As usual, people should join a guild (or a community of guilds) to guarantee that they succeed on the most difficult content like Triple worm and some of the meta maps.

I've joined a community, still have my small guild. There is a list of events that will happen. You join the Teamspeak, you all get together in a map, kill stuff, have fun and get the loot. 

Otherwise I'm chasing achievements and collections, which there is bunch of with HoT.

Edit: Well I'm in Lion's Arch at 11:49 GMT on Thursday and there are people by the mystic forge, there are people by the bank, there are people by the crafting station and there are people by the TP.
    Post edited by Gaia_Hunter on

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• FermsFerms Member CommonPosts: 1
    I'm also planning on coming back to the game and appreciate the thread.  I have multiple characters that were created at launch and have received their third birthday present.  Are the birthday presents based on the age of the account or on the age of the character?  I have thought of re-creating new characters as I have some below level 20 and using the 3rd year birthday present to level them to 30 but still experience the story through the dynamic leveling.  My concern is that the new characters would then receive a 1st year birthday present the next year.  I know it's kind of a small thing but I remember how fun it was to have those unique birthday presents in the original Guild Wars.
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    ^
    It's based on the age of the characters so I wouldn't delete them.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • etharnetharn Member UncommonPosts: 152
    As someone who as bought the core game I feel really restricted without having the expansion. More with at max lvl with mastery system. Probably the only one that feels this way but still. Lvling pass lvl 80 used to give skill pts but now its related to this mastery in which I cant even partake in unless I get a dlc... which shouldnt really be a requirement. Oh well. 

A man who fears nothing is a man who loves nothing; and if you love nothing, what joy is there in your life?