Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alpha Let's Play with RipperX - Warhammer 40k: Eternal Crusade

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited February 2016 in Videos Discussion

imageAlpha Let's Play with RipperX - Warhammer 40k: Eternal Crusade

Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade developed by Behaviour Interactive is an action third person MMORPG concentrating on PvP. You can hop into the role of one of 4 different races as you fight for control of the world. Right now the game is focused on 15v15 PVP fights, with progression, meta map, Eldar, Orks, and more to come later.

Read the full story here

Comments

• heerobyaheerobya Member UncommonPosts: 465
    Needs more Waaaggggghh.

No I love Warhammer, especially 40k and especially Orks.

Anything that lets me do that is a win.
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    heerobya said:
    Needs more Waaaggggghh.

Agreed. The Orks are my MUST HAVE race for this to work. Sometime this year, they say.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• UlorikUlorik Member UncommonPosts: 179
    I was so hyped for this game in its initial concept. Open RvR, supply lines, loads of tactical and strategic options. And now...? this looks nice but seems nothing more then a Battlefield copy in the 40k Universe, Deeply disappointed
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    CSgo with a different skin.
    Is this a one mode game?

Seems like the shield doesn't work or do much.If your going to add shields into the game they need to work like a shield would be expected ...ZERO damage taken.Then to keep it plausible shield takes so much damage you drop it as in damaged,then have a random tough spot to get to where the shield re-spawns as well as health packs.
    A fps also needs Zaxis fighting ,it creates map skills as well as making players look all around instead of just on the ground to melee.

I did not see any lifts or jump pads,seems like a real cheap version of a fps ,you can get way better in Unreal or Quake.It does not look liek a lot of thought went into this game,it looks very much rushed.
    What i would have done with the design is give different classes different options like one class could jump up and use zaxis while the shield class stays on the ground but has a lot more defense.Then you can create an aoe class as well as a trap class and a sniper class.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Oh yes and how many maps are there?It doesn't seem like Ripper said much about the game design.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• SenyunSenyun Member UncommonPosts: 51
    edited February 2016

Wizardry said:

CSgo with a different skin.

Is this a one mode game?

Seems like the shield doesn't work or do much.If your going to add shields into the game they need to work like a shield would be expected ...ZERO damage taken.Then to keep it plausible shield takes so much damage you drop it as in damaged,then have a random tough spot to get to where the shield re-spawns as well as health packs.

A fps also needs Zaxis fighting ,it creates map skills as well as making players look all around instead of just on the ground to melee.

I did not see any lifts or jump pads,seems like a real cheap version of a fps ,you can get way better in Unreal or Quake.It does not look liek a lot of thought went into this game,it looks very much rushed.

What i would have done with the design is give different classes different options like one class could jump up and use zaxis while the shield class stays on the ground but has a lot more defense.Then you can create an aoe class as well as a trap class and a sniper class.

I believe the shields are working from what I saw in that video. RipperX just gets to excited about his kills and forgets to actually use it against certain players and dies for it. You can kind of see this starting at the 3 min mark.

Also I do agree with the different class idea. I mean where are the jump packs with slam skills. No jump packs No Warhammer 40k.
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    I think the game has promise to it.... but it's just not my cup-o-tea.  I should be successful.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Ripper, if you were a girl I would so do you! LOL, I love your videos.
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503
    This is not the game they set out to make it is a horrible, shooter compared to what they promised when they first started trying to hype the game out. What everyone is saying is true it is just the skins of Warhammer on a 3rd person shooter. I remember them talking about f2p orks, capturing planets or choosing which planet to play on etc... when they were first talking about this and selling founders packs. Guess they really didn't have to means to deliver what they hyped.

Just a 5 sec google on the game brought up this article from 2014 about where they were going with the game.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/10/31/7137991/warhammer-40k-eternal-crusade-ork-free-to-play
  • CoNk3rCoNk3r Member UncommonPosts: 70
    k61977 said:
    This is not the game they set out to make it is a horrible, shooter compared to what they promised when they first started trying to hype the game out. What everyone is saying is true it is just the skins of Warhammer on a 3rd person shooter. I remember them talking about f2p orks, capturing planets or choosing which planet to play on etc... when they were first talking about this and selling founders packs. Guess they really didn't have to means to deliver what they hyped.

Just a 5 sec google on the game brought up this article from 2014 about where they were going with the game.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/10/31/7137991/warhammer-40k-eternal-crusade-ork-free-to-play

This "game" has to be F2P at launch, can not imagine that they´re gonna ask a price for this. So bad, so 2004 ... its crap.

- generic gameplay
    - outdated graphics
    - outdated animations

WOAH! 30 vs 30! OFMG!! I has to plays dis nows... incredible that NO F#### studio out there is capable of capturing the Warhammer Universe AT ALL!

• JakeSimJakeSim Member RarePosts: 883

heerobya said:

Needs more Waaaggggghh.

They should of done Orks before Chaos Space Marines, imo.
    Please come check out my stream. All the love is appreciated! 

TWITCH: @JakeSimTV
  • ennstaennsta Member UncommonPosts: 15
    edited February 2016
    While I do understand that quite a few of the premises that were talked about 2-3 years ago won't be possible, be that tech or simply determined not to fit within the game scope any more, at the beginning of 2015 we rescoped and switched to Unreal 4. We've been following that plan since and you can take a look at our Early Access steam page for all our information on the final game. We couldn't be happier with the recepetion, reviews are great and so are sales - which is all word of mouth, we aren't advertising at all.

Amongst the things which aren't correct is 30vs30 is max and that we're a lobby shooter. The Early Access is a lobby shooter because we're focusing on making a great shooter first, then the MMO aspect, which we're adding step by step right now. If the shooter isn't fun, the massive part doesn't matter, it's that simple. Same goes with the strategic map, the shield works quite well (Current OP and will be nerfed), we most certainly have the jump class and Zaxis (Assault Marine / Raptor) so I'm actually not quite sure how much you've seen but hope this helps :)

Check us out here:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/375230

The game hub is pretty active too with videos and chat. I hang out there as well as on our own forums on eternalcrusade.com. 

(Edit) Oh, and I'm Nathan, the Sr Producer of Eternal Crusade, forgot to mention that part.
  • jmcdermottukjmcdermottuk Member RarePosts: 1,571

ennsta said:

While I do understand that quite a few of the premises that were talked about 2-3 years ago won't be possible, be that tech or simply determined not to fit within the game scope any more, at the beginning of 2015 we rescoped and switched to Unreal 4. We've been following that plan since and you can take a look at our Early Access steam page for all our information on the final game. We couldn't be happier with the recepetion, reviews are great and so are sales - which is all word of mouth, we aren't advertising at all.

Amongst the things which aren't correct is 30vs30 is max and that we're a lobby shooter. The Early Access is a lobby shooter because we're focusing on making a great shooter first, then the MMO aspect, which we're adding step by step right now. If the shooter isn't fun, the massive part doesn't matter, it's that simple. Same goes with the strategic map, the shield works quite well (Current OP and will be nerfed), we most certainly have the jump class and Zaxis (Assault Marine / Raptor) so I'm actually not quite sure how much you've seen but hope this helps :)

Check us out here:

The game hub is pretty active too with videos and chat. I hang out there as well as on our own forums on eternalcrusade.com. 

(Edit) Oh, and I'm Nathan, the Sr Producer of Eternal Crusade, forgot to mention that part.

So are you saying you intend to add an open world at a later time which will support enough players to justify a true MMO classification? I'm talking a couple of hundred at least.
  • UlorikUlorik Member UncommonPosts: 179
    Nathan,
    all the stuff that Miguel talked about at the start of development had me excited: No braindead rinse-repeat structure/resource capping a la whack-a-keep. Strategic gameplay with resource logistics and supply lines etc. By the sound of it not much is left of that even if you increase player numbers per map. Can you give us a bit of an idea if anything like that is still considered to be part of the future game?
  • RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    CoNk3r said:

WOAH! 30 vs 30! OFMG!! I has to plays dis nows... incredible that NO F#### studio out there is capable of capturing the Warhammer Universe AT ALL!

I know, I don't get it either. Games Workshop and everyone they hire to build a game on their IP just can't seem to get there. The Dawn of War series wasn't too shabby for an RTS, but still missed the mark overall.

I still hope to see a real WH40k mmo in my lifetime.
  • A1learjetA1learjet Member UncommonPosts: 258

Ulorik said:

I was so hyped for this game in its initial concept. Open RvR, supply lines, loads of tactical and strategic options. And now...? this looks nice but seems nothing more then a Battlefield copy in the 40k Universe, Deeply disappointed

Its ok you can say it you wanted Warhammer Online Reloaded....

Me Too

• heerobyaheerobya Member UncommonPosts: 465
    @ennsta ;

Honestly, don't even bother with MMORPG.com...

You can try and explain it to people a thousand times, they'll never listen to a word of it. Just keep making the game, amaze us all when it's ready to be shown, and keep the WAAAAAARGGGHHH going!
  • RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    Looks like fun. I think it looks good graphically. The sound effects I have to say are awesome. Another game that I have to pick up.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    heerobya said:
    Needs more Waaaggggghh.

Well we can agree on this.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503
    edited February 2016
    ennsta said:

Check us out here:

I have one problem with this reply and it is the we aren't advertising at all part.  Did the guys writing the articles on this game pay for their accounts or were they gifted the accounts.  If they paid for them then great what you said is true.  If they were gifted then yeah they are advertising your game.

And you did just advertise the game by posting the link to the steam page here.

• FrammshammFrammshamm Member UncommonPosts: 322

k61977 said:

ennsta said:

Check us out here:

I have one problem with this reply and it is the we aren't advertising at all part.  Did the guys writing the articles on this game pay for their accounts or were they gifted the accounts.  If they paid for them then great what you said is true.  If they were gifted then yeah they are advertising your game.

And you did just advertise the game by posting the link to the steam page here.

blatant and garbage. Asking 40$ for this is unethical and should be illegal. Advertise for donations like a proper kickstarter. This "closed alpha" piece of garbage vaporware is a disgrace to the IP.