Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dark Zone PvP Preview with RipperX - The Division

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited February 2016 in Videos Discussion

imageDark Zone PvP Preview with RipperX - The Division

The Division takes place in mid-crisis New York, an open world with destructive environments that are free for players to explore. The player's mission is to restore order by investigating the source of a virus. Players have to team up with other Division agents as they progress. The game's core mechanics are similar to other third-person-shooters, in which player character can carry three weapons, and explosives like sticky bombs and smart mines to fight against enemies.

Read the full story here

Comments

• MitaraMitara Member UncommonPosts: 755
    Great video. Game looks like very good quality :)
  • advokat666advokat666 Member UncommonPosts: 93
    Absolutely horrible system. Rogue has to be reworked as this is so easy exploitable. Also at least the Beta Client stored things like, crit rate, amount of ammunition, player health in the client without checking at server level which led to a lot of cheating since this is very easy to modify. I am really curious if this will be changed to server verification on release. Ubisoft has a hell lot of work to do.
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

Absolutely horrible system. Rogue has to be reworked as this is so easy exploitable. Also at least the Beta Client stored things like, crit rate, amount of ammunition, player health in the client without checking at server level which led to a lot of cheating since this is very easy to modify. I am really curious if this will be changed to server verification on release. Ubisoft has a hell lot of work to do.

I can't imagine they'd launch without fixing that, but... well, you never know do you? :)

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• SidQFTSidQFT Member UncommonPosts: 96
    Is there more to the dark zone other than just killing other players and getting loot?
  • RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    Another great video.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    SidQFT said:
    Is there more to the dark zone other than just killing other players and getting loot?
    It's actually based around killing the elite AI mobs and getting THEIR loot, then extracting it. The catch comes in because other players, including your group mates, can kill you and take it from you.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770
    Good video. Shows where the game shines.
  • aleosaleos Member UncommonPosts: 1,942
    i love seeing tactical third person shooters that do not have shoulder switch
    /sarcasm
  • dreamisoverdreamisover Member UncommonPosts: 23
    hmmm. this game NEEDS suppressive fire effects and ALOT MORE RECOIL
  • BellomoBellomo Member UncommonPosts: 184
    SidQFT said:
    It's actually based around killing the elite AI mobs and getting THEIR loot, then extracting it. The catch comes in because other players, including your group mates, can kill you and take it from you.

That is awesome can't wait
  • rnorthcuttrnorthcutt Member UncommonPosts: 17

aleos said:

/sarcasm

There is in fact shoulder switch...
  • mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770
    There is
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    mmoguy43 said:
    There is
    To be clear: there's suppressive fire effects on NPCs.  I noticed none on me personally.

aleos said:

/sarcasm

There is in fact shoulder switch...
    Also true, though to be fair, I had to find it through experimenting with the controls.  We'll see what they have as far as a tutorial for such things when it releases in March.

• SoarlozerSoarlozer Member UncommonPosts: 61

SidQFT said:

no
  • Gaming.Rocks2Gaming.Rocks2 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    DMKano said:
    DZ was my favorite part of The Division. 

But having said that - the whole game feels so mediocre.  I expected a lot more - so yes this is my own problem of creating too high of an expectation.

But yeah - I am just not feeling The Division :/.

Even the graphics outside of lighting are not all that. 

On well they still have time to fix some stuff.

I played it with a couple of friends and it was the most fun we had for a... well... I admit I had never fun with those two before! :| But TD was a lot of fun XD

Hunting elites in dark zone with friends and getting attack by other PCs is fun though. I always thought that's something a lot of old school players desired, open world bosses + player conflict. I believe if you really get into it you'll enjoy it a lot more. My 2 pennies. 

Gaming Rocks next gen. community for last gen. gamers launching soon. 
  • Cramit845Cramit845 Member UncommonPosts: 395
    I've had a blast this past weekend with The Division. From the amazingly awesome graphics, especially if your playing on a PC to the combat, the entire game is a ton of fun. Especially love the cover movement system, allowing you to stay low and move to different positions easily.

The DZ is certainly the place to be. There just wasn't enough mobs, especially since the past day more folks on the waiting list were able to login however, it is great. They still need to work on the rogue feature some more. It is still WAY too punishing to rogue's, allowing the entire zone to use wall hacks to hunt them and since you lose DZ cash and DZ keys, not many folks go rogue. However last night my friends and I had a blast going rogue and holding out for the 5-minute manhunt timer.

The extraction is fun and having secret rooms in instances to gain more items at the expense of a death was awesome. Not to mention the hard mode of the instance was a great way to level you character up. Could max lvl 8 (beta cap) in a couple runs NP running 3-4 man hard modes. Can't wait for release.

also not sure what DMKano is smoking but the game is absolutely BEAUTIFUL. The storms and snow storms were great for immersion, completely impeding your view so you can only see 10 ft in front of you and the lighting was amazing as well. Overall, the game is great, needs some tweaks to PvP so there are more fights but otherwise, a TON of fun!
  • redripredrip MMORPG.COM Staff UncommonPosts: 224

DMKano said:

DZ was my favorite part of The Division. 

But having said that - the whole game feels so mediocre.  I expected a lot more - so yes this is my own problem of creating too high of an expectation.

But yeah - I am just not feeling The Division :/.

Even the graphics outside of lighting are not all that. 

On well they still have time to fix some stuff.

I played it with a couple of friends and it was the most fun we had for a... well... I admit I had never fun with those two before! :| But TD was a lot of fun XD

Hunting elites in dark zone with friends and getting attack by other PCs is fun though. I always thought that's something a lot of old school players desired, open world bosses + player conflict. I believe if you really get into it you'll enjoy it a lot more. My 2 pennies. 

Appreciate all of the awesome comments guys, and whether The Division is for you or not, it seems like a lot of players including myself have been really enjoying the game and the Dark Zone PVP. I will say, graphically when it comes to the storms in this game, its fu*&%)$ amazing. I don't know how someone could say the graphics are bad, hands down the most realistic weather system I've personally seen in a game.

I will say, they need to add a lot more content though, and I'm sure because it was the beta, a lot of stuff was not included or added in yet. As long as they add lots more mobs, missions and expand the openworld map, also fixing and improving/adding to the Dark Zone, this game will be loads of fun. The Rogue system as it is now is pretty easily exploitable, but it should be fixed.

I'm also guessing future playtests might bring in more content, but who knows. I personally am having a great time in the game, especially with a small group of friends.
  • General-ZodGeneral-Zod Member UncommonPosts: 868
    They need to ditch the flagging system.

I know they thought this would be a good idea because it's more convenient for players just to be able to wait awhile and have their sins washed clean but it creates a whole new problem.

If a player goes "rouge" at least have it so this player would have to complete missions to remove the rouge status. 

A "non Hostile" player waiting at the extraction area for waiting for other non hostile players to bring in there loot, killing them and running off to wait out their bounty is a cowardly approach to PvP.

Secondly, i'v been in situations where I recognized these soon to be rouge players about to pull a stunt by the extraction area and I killed them but since they were non hostile now I have rouge status which puts me at odds with people new to DZ that don't understand what i'm doing.