Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ub3rgames Secures Darkfall Online LicensingDFO Darkfall News

Comments

• LachdadanLachdadan Member UncommonPosts: 17

kdchan said:

Scorchien said:

and without a skillcap .................it will fail again

No they will have a new slot system (specializations), reduce the grind and make Darkfall a true sandbox like EVE thanks to localizing resources and banking.

You can direct ask them these questions in their website or reddit if you don't believe me, they will reply to your doubts.

In the hand of these 2 new companies DF1 will hopefully reach its true potential.

Long life Darkfall!!!

ps: Price for the first 10000 players will be only 20€ + a monthly fee included for the beta phase and the first release month (next fee will be only 10 € till the release when the price will be 14,50 €), very cheap, no cash shop, no potions, no skins, no p2w, everyone will have access to the same content. They will also add something like the EVE "plex", so you can play for free buying these items from other players.

so you are saying the will charge monthly sub even for beta??? srsly? i dont get it with the cashop comment - why you are even talking about cash shop in sub based model?? and "plex" is already in DF UW for months, so nothing new here
  • IAmMMOIAmMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,462
    edited February 2016
    If there was any sense these two indie companies wanting to relaunch the classic DF would join forces and focus on one game. They also need to be on the ball for combat exploiting via lag switching and paid hacks. They'll need staff members whose only job is to police the game world for all time zones peak times.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Lachdadan said:

kdchan said:

Scorchien said:

No they will have a new slot system (specializations), reduce the grind and make Darkfall a true sandbox like EVE thanks to localizing resources and banking.

You can direct ask them these questions in their website or reddit if you don't believe me, they will reply to your doubts.

In the hand of these 2 new companies DF1 will hopefully reach its true potential.

Long life Darkfall!!!

ps: Price for the first 10000 players will be only 20€ + a monthly fee included for the beta phase and the first release month (next fee will be only 10 € till the release when the price will be 14,50 €), very cheap, no cash shop, no potions, no skins, no p2w, everyone will have access to the same content. They will also add something like the EVE "plex", so you can play for free buying these items from other players.

so you are saying the will charge monthly sub even for beta??? srsly? i dont get it with the cashop comment - why you are even talking about cash shop in sub based model?? and "plex" is already in DF UW for months, so nothing new here
    Sorry but i agree with Scorchien, without a skillcap then it will fail, if that is one lesson they should learn from Eve Online, is that skillcaps are important, integral even, in Eve the skillcap is level 5 in each skill, if there isnt a skillcap then the pvp is really about who has the highest skill level, and that is about the worst thing that you can do to a pvp game, and probably a large part of the reason why the original darkfall failed so utterly.
    Having a box price is okay, as is having a subscription requirement, but then to have a cash shop as well, as long as its only cosmetic gear, thats one thing, but as soon as they start selling xp potions, health potions etc. then it becomes P2W, and that would be a fail of epic proportions.
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Brilliant plan, lol

Let's split the tiny player base of DFO across TWO versions of the same game !

WTF are they thinking ? Did somebody decide that if you run 2 versions of the same game, you somehow double the amount of people wanting to play it ?
  • CopperfieldCopperfield Member RarePosts: 654
    YES THE BEST HIGH SKILL CEILING PLAYER SKILLED PVP MMORPG IS BACK

GRATZ TO UBERGAMES

GET THE SHIT ROLLING AGAIN
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    kdchan said:
    Scorchien said:

Long life Darkfall!!!

If They stray too far from the original Darkfall design they will alienate a significant portion of the player base that's looking forward to returning to this game. They will have to be very careful with any changes or they'll never really get off the ground

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• kdchankdchan Member UncommonPosts: 79
    edited February 2016
    Sorry but i agree with Scorchien, without a skillcap then it will fail, if that is one lesson they should learn from Eve Online, is that skillcaps are important, integral even, in Eve the skillcap is level 5 in each skill, if there isnt a skillcap then the pvp is really about who has the highest skill level, and that is about the worst thing that you can do to a pvp game, and probably a large part of the reason why the original darkfall failed so utterly.
    Having a box price is okay, as is having a subscription requirement, but then to have a cash shop as well, as long as its only cosmetic gear, thats one thing, but as soon as they start selling xp potions, health potions etc. then it becomes P2W, and that would be a fail of epic proportions.
    Why don't post this same concern and ask them directly in their forum or reddit? They will explain this part better than me.
    I can only tell you that i don't use magic at all apart some utilities and prefer play as a full melee with a bow for range (destroyer and mage killer specializations) and i had no problem to do so back in the days, now they will futher expand the system with more deep specs, so it can work. Anyway you can test this new system during the coming beta or read some reviews if you wont buy the game now.
    The nextgen sandbox
    Crowfall - LiF: MMO - Darkfall: New Dawn
  • kdchankdchan Member UncommonPosts: 79
    edited February 2016
    If They stray too far from the original Darkfall design they will alienate a significant portion of the player base that's looking forward to returning to this game. They will have to be very careful with any changes or they'll never really get off the ground.
    The old playerbase left to play was very small, if i'm not mistaken about 500-600 player for both Us and Eu, DF should become a full sandbox commercial game to please a wider audience and make enought revenue to cover develoopment and server cost, so changes are unavoidable.
    But there will be 2 iterations of the same game, one more vanilla and the other more sandbox, so in the end both of them will have changes but one will be more close to the past so you can play there.
    The nextgen sandbox
    Crowfall - LiF: MMO - Darkfall: New Dawn
  • LachdadanLachdadan Member UncommonPosts: 17
    i guess thats the reason why there are 2 separate projects - Rise of Agon aims to revive DFO as it was and fix what they believe killed DFO and DF New Dawn is aiming to re-build the game more deeply - so i assume one can say RoA will be more for old fanboys and nostalgia and New Dawn basicly their vision of DF2:) (DF 2000, DF arena, DF:UW}
  • CrucialCrucial Member UncommonPosts: 29

Scorchien said:

http://darkfallnewdawn.com/game-mechanics/player-progression/our-title-system/
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    Brilliant plan, lol

Let's split the tiny player base of DFO across TWO versions of the same game !

WTF are they thinking ? Did somebody decide that if you run 2 versions of the same game, you somehow double the amount of people wanting to play it ?
    Well if one side is capable of following and taking more from UO than just PvP PvP PvP PvP then that side would win out IMO. Would be an interesting time to test the theory of Darkfall having more players if it had a PvE Server with optional PvP ( Guild v Guild , Order v Chaos , Duels Etc ) instead of Open PvP.. 
  • IsilithTehrothIsilithTehroth Member RarePosts: 616
    edited February 2016
    Nice finally happened. Not sure if any of these teams can pull it off; being indie devs and all and DnD needs to tread carefully when making changes so they dont alienate their playbase like UW did.

Also there were at least 100,000 players at launch that bought the game. Ofc it dwindled down quickly because of the game DFO is.
    Post edited by IsilithTehroth on

MurderHerd

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666

mmoluva said:

New Dawn of PVE.

Type in pink for me please.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    I miss DF1. I didnt care much for DF:U

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• TacticalZombehTacticalZombeh Member UncommonPosts: 430

tom_gore said:

I guess Crowfall is onto something.

Darkfall has been rebooting the world every couple of years now. Crowfall just intends to reboot the game world every few months.

This is one of the reasons I'm liking Crowfall's gameplan. It's like an ongoing testbed of playstyles, the stuff that works will return in future campaigns, the stuff that doesn't will die off... all by design.
  • MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    I wish them the best.  Hopefully a more responsible company will do more with the franchise.  This genre is infected with too many no risk vs reward linear quest hub snoozefests.  
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Crucial said:

Scorchien said:

http://darkfallnewdawn.com/game-mechanics/player-progression/our-title-system/
    Those changes will get me in game
  • IsilithTehrothIsilithTehroth Member RarePosts: 616
    New Dawn isn't really gonna attract the veteran players though since we almost all are going for Rise of Agon. We rather have the same combat and feeling but with upgrades to the game like sandbox content and more features.

New dawn proposes too many sweeping changes; a few I like such as racial wars and skill decay/cap, but too many combat changes.

MurderHerd

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    I was actually playing DF when they were promising the changes. . . they were all I wanted.  I still think it needs a skill point cap but I was looking forward to what they were going to do. . then DF:U happened. . blah.  I understand why they needed to start over, basically admitting that the coding was terrible, but why make so many changes.  I hope this works out.  I had fun playing DF even though I am only partially interested in PvP.  It made the game feel alive when I was exploring.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    lol I click on "our vision for the game" and it says "not found". . I always get the meaning of irony a little wrong. . but I am pretty sure that is ironic :)

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• JownzJownz Member UncommonPosts: 62
    http://darkfallnewdawn.com/  If your a fan of Open world, Kingdom building games this site is full of great info about what this team plans on changing. When I first heard this announcement I was pretty skeptical. Being a fan of the genre though I stopped by the site and gave it a read over. They have a lot of great plans especially the alignment system peaked my interest. Also infamy and bounty hunter missions!

Go give the site a read before making ignorant comments! It really is worth your time.
    Aethaeryn said:
    lol I click on "our vision for the game" and it says "not found". . I always get the meaning of irony a little wrong. . but I am pretty sure that is ironic :)

Works perfectly fine for me. Maybe your internet is acting up!
    New Dawn isn't really gonna attract the veteran players though since we almost all are going for Rise of Agon. We rather have the same combat and feeling but with upgrades to the game like sandbox content and more features.

New dawn proposes too many sweeping changes; a few I like such as racial wars and skill decay/cap, but too many combat changes.

I think the vets will flock to the game that has more sheep to kill. DND's proposed game changes will attract more players in my opinion. Only time will tell..
  • CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985
    Jownz said:

I think the vets will flock to the game that has more sheep to kill. DND's proposed game changes will attract more players in my opinion. Only time will tell..
    We shall see.

Either way at least we all have the opportunity to finally get our asses back in Agon. On that, I'm sure we can all agree.  

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

Yea I can't wait. I will give both games a shot!