Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Now i see why people quit this game.

124»

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    edited February 2016
    fodell54 said:
    bcbully said:
    fodell54 said:
    bcbully said:
    DMKano said:
    I dont see how this behavior is unique to EvE
    In an EVE or a Wushu, beyond not being there to help, they are often there to con. Players don't have that freedom in the vast majority of mmorpgs. 
    It's not freedom. It's called being a prick and EVE is filled with them. That why it's a niche game. Space sims like EVE are few to non-existent in the mmo world. There is no reason why EVE couldn't and doesn't control the whole aspect of this market.

Except for the facts stated in this thread. They allow for heinous outlandish behavior that your average person doesn't want to tolerate. That and the fact that EVE is like playing spread sheet wars. Kind of brings the experience down.
    Actually that degree of freedom added immersion when I played Wushu. Ming era china was a lawless place. Good and evil was found in abundance. EVE is much the same in those respects. 
    Again, lack of moderation is not freedom. It's called being a shitty company. In your beloved Wushu you do dumb stuff you go to jail. Which is a horrible experience in Wushu. In EVE you get a pat on the back and a that boy. Completely different scenario. Ultima Online was similar to Wushu except it had GM and actually cared about it's player base. Don't confuse freedom with the lack of responsible for moderation shown by CCP.

It's almost sad that a company like Snail Games is better that dealing with this then CCP.  A company that will invite player from GoonSwarm to speak at public events. Allows them to sell 5 Trillion isk and just shrugs their shoulders. CCP is a bad company and really could careless about what any of it's players want or need for that matter.

Also Wushu sucks. I think would people will agree with that.
    All I can think to reply is...

HTFU!
     :p 
    Post edited by Kyleran on

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    Quazal.A said:
    I cannot believe how naive people are, I sit here and watch these in game chats, and people fall for the stupidest shit. They genuinely believe that people in these help chats, honestly want to help them haha. 
    I have worked in the new-bro help channel on and off for about 5 years, and not once have i nor the regular helpers attempted to scam/rip off new players, our goal is to help the new-bros integrate and understand EvE unique game environment.
    EvE has arguably the most helpful group of players of any mmo i have played, yes there are scammers, the games nature means that at core its about 'getting ahead' by any means necessary

But dont for one minute think that helpers in the proper help channels are trying to rip of new-bros because i know that isn't the case. 

Also, just because you see players trying to scam doesn't mean they are actually succesful at it. Greed in real life has cost people money, pyramid schemes exist in real life, if anyoen thinks they can make a quick buck then so be it. But, dont think its just in eve this happens.

Im not defending the game by saying it doesn't happen, but , its actually only a small % of players who act like this, most of the players are quite happy to offer free advice and help to anyone new, and if your a longer term player then you should know how eve works,.
    Lol new-bro haha. Yep I am sure that is all nice, but that is def not eve, you are 100 percent making up stories. All the new-bro as you call it help channel, is a bunch of people who think they know everything, and just say garbage over and over again. Then it 99 percent of the times descents into a conversation about one of the following. Sex, Drugs, Politics RL, or just utter garbage. 
    [mod edit]
    No, it does not.  The ISD's and GM's police that channel heavily.  The rookie help channel is just for that, you can't form fleets out of it, you can not advertise for Corps out of it, nothing but rookie help.  The regular help channels are a bit less moderated, but still nothing like what you are describing.

It seems to me that you got taken advantage of and have a very bad taste in your mouth about Eve.  That is understandable, but don't come to a forum and start making up stories that are in no way grounded in truth.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• WikingDKWikingDK Member UncommonPosts: 50
    OP - what are you talking about? The Official help chat, is the best help hub in any MMO i have ever played, and I have played almost all 
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Just wait a few years and the big corp taking over your part of space will get small again.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.