Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PC Beta First Impressions

Comments

• SanisarSanisar Member UncommonPosts: 135
    Spiider said:
    Yawn. All enemies look the same, no guilds, barely any contact with other players. Double yawn.
    I haven't even played the game, but from watching a little of it on twitch over the weekend I already know that everything you said is either irrelevant because of beta content lock or just false.

I don't care if this game succeeds or not.  I may play it, I may not; it just depends on how good it is (and how greedy Ubisoft wants to be with it).  What I see on these forums is ridiculous though, it's like people see one screenshot and rush to post an opinion about a game.  Please take one minute of your life to read an FAQ, watch a video, look at the game's website before you come make an ass of yourself on the internet.  You will be doing the non-troll community here a great service.
  • SoarlozerSoarlozer Member UncommonPosts: 61
    Sanisar said:
    Spiider said:
    Yawn. All enemies look the same, no guilds, barely any contact with other players. Double yawn.
    I haven't even played the game, but from watching a little of it on twitch over the weekend I already know that everything you said is either irrelevant because of beta content lock or just false.

I don't care if this game succeeds or not.  I may play it, I may not; it just depends on how good it is (and how greedy Ubisoft wants to be with it).  What I see on these forums is ridiculous though, it's like people see one screenshot and rush to post an opinion about a game.  Please take one minute of your life to read an FAQ, watch a video, look at the game's website before you come make an ass of yourself on the internet.  You will be doing the non-troll community here a great service.
    To be fair a lot of them do look the same. There is only so much they can do with realistic human enemies. If the boss mobs didn't have names you couldn't tell they were special. I can only assume that the other 95% of the game is hiding a lot more enemy models. Should be easy to at least put in different models but from the few things I read there was only a limited number of ai factions to base themes around.

Devs themselves said there will be no clan or guild support.

Basically everyone in the beta has been friendly the only people that went rogue were either noobs that accidently shot someone or decked out people. 80% of the people ran around solo, extracted their gear, and went on there own way.

I personally think if you like the borderlands, destiny, ect shooter loot gameplay you will love The Division. I couldn't get into diablo nor borderlands so this genre def ain't for me.

Anyone crying about the way the game looks though should be slapped. The game looks very nice and they did amazing job of the settings immersion. I've seen the sun shift as time went by and I have followed a extraction chopper from blocks away (most people wont appreciate this but I have seen many games where the helicopter just randomly comes from the sky, this is a cool little thing)
  • Sassy_Gay_UnicornSassy_Gay_Unicorn Member UncommonPosts: 316
    mmoguy43 said:
    Forgive my ignorance, but could someone tell me what a 'Season  Pass' is?
    It's essentially preodering a DLC pack. Generally it is cheaper getting a season pass that buying all the DLCs individually but you don't know exactly what all is included.
    Much thanks to @mmoguy43 and @Roin for the answers.
  • TacticalZombehTacticalZombeh Member UncommonPosts: 430
    Bill's article meandered:
    "Things would have been nice if the Division was a more traditional MMO with hundreds of players running around and into each other...

...The Division works as its designed – this new breed of shooter MMORPG...."

Contradict yourself much? It's not an MMO, it's just not.... because of - you know... what you said in the first sentence.
  • TheOctagonTheOctagon Member UncommonPosts: 411
    It probably would have been awesome except I didn't get my invite until the day before it ended. Wasn't even done with the full 29gig download.

But, from what everyone's saying I'll wait a few months until it faceplants (It is an Ubish*t game after all.) and pick it up on the cheap and enjoy it for a year until they shut it down.
  • TacticalZombehTacticalZombeh Member UncommonPosts: 430
    Yea I watched 5 or 6 different Twitch streamers and the beta was so limited in scope I'll just wait and see.
  • ThornrageThornrage Member UncommonPosts: 659
    Sanisar said:

Exactly. I enjoyed it. I know it was beta limited and so I feel there will be much more to it when it is live.

If it flops then whatever, I will enjoy it until it does.

"I don't give a sh*t what other people say. I play what I like and I'll pay to do it too!" - SerialMMOist

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    edited February 2016
    My thoughts on the game, thought the UI was horrible and I have to question those that were ok with it, why would you settle for something that is so poorly done?

I also did not feel challenged at all.  I thought the beta was quite boring.  If a new game does not challenge you, even though you are unfamiliar with it, it does not bode well for the longevity of the game.

Oh and I have a much better system than their recommended and I still lagged at times, had to turn some of my settings down for better play.   So the game is not optimized very well at all.  This is the first game I actually had to turn some settings down to play.
  • maple2maple2 Member UncommonPosts: 161
    boring as hell prob the worst FPS/mmo i have tried in a long. barely any content and just pure boredom
  • DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    orbitxo said:
    the beta was ok- the division had too many 'invisible' walls (iam not talking about beta restrictions) made the world limited. ill give it a go upon release todo the campaign...but i did like the third person perspective

ill be sticking with dying light = has a better world and mechanics all around- it has what the division is offering and zombies!
    They are both subscription free.. there's no reason you can't play both.

I didn't see any invisible walls.  No, that's not meant to be a joke.
    nomadie said:
    "It’s original" That made me laugh. This game feels like Destiny had sex with Nether while cheating on Nether with Day-Z and made this mess. The Dark Zone can only have 24 players at any given time so say you have 12 friends you now pretty much own the Dark Zone... It felt really boring with the really slow respawn rates for AI mixed with not many AI on the map. The pvp is purely level based and item based and has little to no skilled needed which can ruin pvp, you and 3 friends can show up and a dude who is much higher level with better gear can just kill all 3 of you like it was nothing. Great idea for a game but with the lack of balance in pvp and little AI to find in both pvp and pve it got really boring fast.
    Which is completely the same is just about any other MMO PvP.  People who are more experienced and more properly geared for combat have an advantage.  Wait, isn't that pretty much like real life too?  Do we even take a minute to realize what we are typing before we click post?
    Anthur said:
    I have to agree with Arskaaa. Calling a game having a zone with a maximum of 24 players a "shooter MMORPG" is funny.

I know the requirements for a game to be called MMORPG have dropped quite a bit over the last years. But really, 24 players is a "massive" multiplayer online rpg ?

Not sure what all the hype about The Dicision is anyway. Main reason I see it's just because it is the next big game to be released. I can't see any spectactular or new regarding gameplay though. Watching beta I got bored after 10 minutes.
    I'd like to highlight this fact.  Just so people can calm down a little bit.  I'd say, only 40% of that dark zone was available   There's a likely chance that player limit caps will be increased, as it's such an easy thing for Ubisoft to tweak. 
    I think it has potential and a solid foundation BUT imo it gets boring quickly, has a confusing overly complicated ui and very clumsy control....besides, in aworld with tes and fo i just hate static background worlds where i cant interact with everything
    Huh..

I thought the UI was pretty good honestly.  The controls were really tight for a TPS.  Probably pretty close to on par with Gears of War.. which is pretty much set the bar.
    Won't be long before the PVE-Only crowd is crying about not being able to get the best loot and the dark zone setup changes considerably.
    Ubisoft has already stated that the Dark Zones don't have the best loot, it's just that the dark zone loot is more plentiful.  You can still get some great drops in PvE.  No doubt people will complain anyways, since that's just how people are.
    edited February 2016
    Game sounds repetitive and boring to me with too few enemies that are nothing but bullet sponges. What's the point of a 'realistic' setting in NYC and Tom Clancy (stories always based on realistic scenarios, weapons, factions, etc.) when the enemies are bullet sponges, AI with baseball bat can beat you down after emptying entire assault rifle clip into him, it's a cover shooter in 3rd person like Gears of War (doesn't exactly invoke realism), numbers start flying off in the air like an MMO when you do damage (instantly takes away any sense of realism seeing damage numbers over and over for bullet sponge enemies), shooting people point blank with a shotgun or head shot with a sniper rifle doesn't result in a lethal, one-shot kill (like more realistic games have) and instead damage is figured by 'rpg' elements not even the player's skill or tactics, and the game sounds empty in PvE mode due to lack of numerous, intelligent AI spread across the open-world map.

Sounds like they couldn't figure out how The Division should play (resulting in delay after delay) so they copied the Destiny model. The Destiny model works o.k. because Destiny is a sci-fi shooter with no attempt at realism. Using the Destiny gameplay model seems like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.

Game is going to be a pass from me (which is disappointing because the 2013 E3 trailer was incredible...but that apparently was a totally different game from what is actually being released).
    I don't ever recall Ubisoft trying to sell The Division as a fighting simulator. 
    Spiider said:
    Literally 95% of the game was locked in this beta.  I don't understand how people can keep stating this fact, but others seem to continually ignore it.
    Ozmodan said:
    My thoughts on the game, thought the UI was horrible and I have to question those that were ok with it, why would you settle for something that is so poorly done?

I also did not feel challenged at all.  I thought the beta was quite boring.  If a new game does not challenge you, even though you are unfamiliar with it, it does not bode well for the longevity of the game.

Oh and I have a much better system than their recommended and I still lagged at times, had to turn some of my settings down for better play.   So the game is not optimized very well at all.  This is the first game I actually had to turn some settings down to play.
    I have slightly better specs than recommended.  I could play on high settings with DSR turned on and didn't drop under 40 fps outside, around 80fps indoors.  Never lagged once, even in the dark zone.  I have a pretty standard internet connection as well.  Perhaps you just had some bad luck?  Hah
  • AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    Spiider said:
    1. Get out of the PvE area. 
    2. Beta content is locked to Level 8 PvE and level 12 PvP (DZ)
    3. Those with the most Opinions tend to have the fewest Facts.

I played this on and off during the weekend and the game is superb! There was only ONE bug many of us noticed but that will be addressed by release. (The Invis bug). There was no lag. I never dropped below 60FPS on MAX settings!!! (GTX 980ti) and the execution of the mechanics are the best I have seen.

Once this game releases there will be a higher level cap, people will not crowd a certain area (Minus the gankers with no skill), and there will be plenty more to do.

Now, imagine expanding the game!...THINK...One City in the game so far. How many ideas for Cities are there all over the world? ;)

This game will be HUGE. I said it here first. Quote me in a year or three. :)

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615

DAS1337 said:
    Anthur said:
    I have to agree with Arskaaa. Calling a game having a zone with a maximum of 24 players a "shooter MMORPG" is funny.

I know the requirements for a game to be called MMORPG have dropped quite a bit over the last years. But really, 24 players is a "massive" multiplayer online rpg ?

Not sure what all the hype about The Dicision is anyway. Main reason I see it's just because it is the next big game to be released. I can't see any spectactular or new regarding gameplay though. Watching beta I got bored after 10 minutes.
    I'd like to highlight this fact.  Just so people can calm down a little bit.  I'd say, only 40% of that dark zone was available   There's a likely chance that player limit caps will be increased, as it's such an easy thing for Ubisoft to tweak. 
    I'd like to add that the DZ (Dark Zone) was based entirely in the NYC area. This is SMALL. :)

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• heerobyaheerobya Member UncommonPosts: 465
    I have watched an hour long PvE gameplay video, a 8 minute "dungeon" video, a 30 minute Dark Zone video, and have had some pretty long conversations about the Division with some friends who played beta...

Each and every time I was bored out of my mind.

It's far, far too grounded in reality with the exact same enemies over and over with the same abilities and very weak shooter mechanics with the most basic cover system and such a bland setting....

I don't know, I guess I'll try the open beta but this game looks about as interesting as watching paint dry and as long-lasting as a CoD campaign.

It's like a co-op version of Watch Dogs with slightly-better shooting mechanics.

I just... for $60? No way.
  • GroqstrongGroqstrong Member RarePosts: 815
    I just have a quick question.  Is this game solo friendly?  I know its team based, but is there an LFG or queue system?
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    Good news everybody. 

Seems to be aopen beta coming in a few weeks... So then everyone can test it. =) 

This have been a good conversation

• DrakadenDrakaden Member UncommonPosts: 138
    edited February 2016
    I am personally not attracted to the PvP aspect of the game, hearing that the best gear come from pvp zones is a big turn off, and this kind of pvp encourage the dayz psychopaths mentality, which i strongly dislike, and in an rpg game, it's mostly always the ones with the better gear who win. Until they place good pve replay value and equal gear quality i stand on the side of the fence of "not buying"
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    Well you will not really need "the best" gear in PvE so that should equal out very nice. Also we do not know exactly how the PvE endgame will look. It makes sense to have the PvP endgame provide the best loot for PvP. 

But even if it is so that you need to go in to the Dark Zone the gear is still had from PvE encounters inside the zone. You just run the risk of being turned in to Swiss cheese by other player when you extract the loot. So if you play smart in the dark zones you will not face much PvP at all. =) 

This have been a good conversation

• heerobyaheerobya Member UncommonPosts: 465
    tawess said:
    Well you will not really need "the best" gear in PvE so that should equal out very nice. Also we do not know exactly how the PvE endgame will look. It makes sense to have the PvP endgame provide the best loot for PvP. 

But even if it is so that you need to go in to the Dark Zone the gear is still had from PvE encounters inside the zone. You just run the risk of being turned in to Swiss cheese by other player when you extract the loot. So if you play smart in the dark zones you will not face much PvP at all. =) 
    LOL have you played ANY MMO like, ever in the last 15+ years?

Ubisoft obviously hasn't.