Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PS4 version is awful. Don't buy or waste your time on this trash.

2»

Comments

• TurtleDGr8TurtleDGr8 Member Posts: 58
    Originally posted by Octagon7711
    ESO and TSW have those nice realistic environmental graphics but comes up short in their fluidity.  I know a lot of people disagree but combat is not smooth.

I don't know about ESO, but TSW does not "flow".  Good story, decent graphics, but the game makes you feel like you're slogging through it to get anywhere or do anything.  I don't know that they could fix that with a console port.

Maybe Steam's new controller will smooth things out.

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Originally posted by Reklaw
    Originally posted by Arakazi
    Originally posted by CrazKanuk
    Originally posted by grimal

Maybe I've been playing PC games for far too long. But I LOVED Diablo 3 on the console along with fighting games, action games and platformers. Some games just play better on console. But I just do not like ESO at all. Biggest issue by far is the camera. The first person camera doesn't work well and you are often blindsided and are at times unaware you are standing on AOE spells until it's too late. The FoV is just not large enough. Third person camera is worse. It's angle makes combat harder default and is a hassle to adjust and constantly snaps back when objects get in the way. I just can't see how I could PvP with it. It just takes too long to scan the area.

Open mics are annoying and in a group people keep getting drowned out and again is a hassle to to fix with the menu system. I really miss the box chat and wished they kept it. I also wished they did what FF14 did was have all platforms sharing the same servers.

But other than that it suffers from being the same game. ESO was never a great game to begin with, it's graphics and animation were always ugly. But combat and overall control system were never fit for purpose it always felt a bit off. Even  jumping and general locomotion feels sluggish.

ESO has some of the best graphics out for any MMO on the market now.  Your bias is showing.

Are you kidding?

I'm not sure where the joke is. If this is sarcasm, though, feel free to back up your logic with pictures and stuff. Yes, we will accept memes, but they are less effective than actual screenshot comparisons. 

I would say that FF14, Wildstar, Black desert, GW2, Tera, even Archeage look better. When it a screenshot ESO looks fine. But when you actually play it you realise it has low res textures, low poly models, and laughable animation. It's the art direction that makes it bearable. 

Final Fantasy XIV and GW2 do come close based on graphics alone, think GW2 character graphics/animation do surpase ESO's characters. Yet couldn't really get into GW2 for some reasons. Havn't played Black Desert from the looks it might be better but I can only judge once played. ArchAge sorry just no, not saying it looks bad, it looks okay to me. But keep in mind I personaly get more immersed into a believeble fantasy world which is what ESO felt to me. 

Then again I am judging pc versions of MMORPG's. While I have not played or seen actuall gameplay on the Ps4 apart from some vids on the net from Zenimax hemselfs. However on the PS4 there isn't allot of MMORPG competition so to what games are console gamers comparing ESO?

Even on PC I think it's a stretch to say it's one of the worst. We're talking about hundreds or thousands of games. Even if we were to accept that there are 10 games better than it, that's still not even close to being one of the worst. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• MissAdventureMissAdventure Member UncommonPosts: 83
    Originally posted by Neo_Liberty

I would say that FF14, Wildstar, Black desert, GW2, Tera, even Archeage look better. When it a screenshot ESO looks fine. But when you actually play it you realise it has low res textures, low poly models, and laughable animation. It's the art direction that makes it bearable. 

Lol, 2/5..FF14 and BD might be better.. but the other 3 don't even come close.

Disagree. Wildstar for example looks much better than ESO, the aimation is on par with anything I played it's colors lush and environments are vibrant.  ESO that looks washed out and several years old but don't take my word for it, just look at any twitch channel that has it playing and check out the battle and running animation.

If you like Looney Tunes, then sure.

I can't believe this thread is still active.

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685

" I can't get my PC characters or imperial bonuses don't transfer."

Does that mean you can't use the same account?  That would be ridiculous if not.  

• ArakaziArakazi Member UncommonPosts: 911
    Originally posted by MissAdventure
    Originally posted by Neo_Liberty

Lol, 2/5..FF14 and BD might be better.. but the other 3 don't even come close.

Disagree. Wildstar for example looks much better than ESO, the aimation is on par with anything I played it's colors lush and environments are vibrant.  ESO that looks washed out and several years old but don't take my word for it, just look at any twitch channel that has it playing and check out the battle and running animation.

If you like Looney Tunes, then sure.

I can't believe this thread is still active.

Boohoo wildstar looks like a cartoon.... Grow up mate. To complain about how wildstar looks when gaming icons like super mario, donkey kong, warcraft, pokemon, zelda, chrono trigger, final fantasy, dragon quest and kingdom hearts are out there is a bit rich. Or are they all not worth playing because they look like a cartoon? I mean really... There are hardly any games that have a realistic look. Even ESO is stylised. The colour pallet is carefully chosen, the proportions of the body the colour of the water, grass etc wasn't meant to be realistic.

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141

Maybe I've been playing PC games for far too long. But I LOVED Diablo 3 on the console along with fighting games, action games and platformers. Some games just play better on console. But I just do not like ESO at all. Biggest issue by far is the camera. The first person camera doesn't work well and you are often blindsided and are at times unaware you are standing on AOE spells until it's too late. The FoV is just not large enough. Third person camera is worse. It's angle makes combat harder default and is a hassle to adjust and constantly snaps back when objects get in the way. I just can't see how I could PvP with it. It just takes too long to scan the area.

Open mics are annoying and in a group people keep getting drowned out and again is a hassle to to fix with the menu system. I really miss the box chat and wished they kept it. I also wished they did what FF14 did was have all platforms sharing the same servers.

But other than that it suffers from being the same game. ESO was never a great game to begin with, it's graphics and animation were always ugly. But combat and overall control system were never fit for purpose it always felt a bit off. Even  jumping and general locomotion feels sluggish.

ESO has some of the best graphics out for any MMO on the market now.  Your bias is showing.

Are you kidding?

ESO has its short comings but graphics aren't one of them.  I think you are confusing the color palette (which it sounds like maybe its too dark for you) for the quality of textures and lighting and rendering which are top notch. 

• EzRdrEzRdr Member UncommonPosts: 40

I feel the exact opposite of the OP. The PS4 version is pure gold and I'm loving every second of it. I'm sure the Xbox version is the same too. It feels like this is the way the game was meant to be played, imo.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

ESO was never a great game to begin with, it's graphics and animation were always ugly. But combat and overall control system were never fit for purpose it always felt a bit off. 

It's environments are nice, it's character models and characters animations ARE horrible. It suffers like LOTR did in that respect. Art is subjective though and some people will obv disagree with me. I see nothing technically outstanding graphically about the game though.

You are both 'biased', or neither of you is.

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    (...)

Boohoo wildstar looks like a cartoon.... Grow up mate. To complain about how wildstar looks when gaming icons like super mario, donkey kong, warcraft, pokemon, zelda, chrono trigger, final fantasy, dragon quest and kingdom hearts are out there is a bit rich. Or are they all not worth playing because they look like a cartoon? I mean really... There are hardly any games that have a realistic look. Even ESO is stylised. The colour pallet is carefully chosen, the proportions of the body the colour of the water, grass etc wasn't meant to be realistic.

seriously dude, how old are you?

at soe point in life you will notice that you gotta accept other people's opinions without starting to act like a spoiled child.

wildstar DOES Look cartoonish. and since you named pokemon in there... name me the pokemon game with the awesome gfx again.

and while you are at it

must have missed the moment in super mario and donkey kong and your other references that look like that :)

seriously, you like it, sure thing, you prefer those gfx (maybe bc your pc can run em who knows), but if you start discussing about gfx.... you better bring some better arguments than above dude.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,107
    Drama queen!
  • fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Originally posted by Reklaw

Anyway's, hope you do find a game to enjoy or perhaps already have......

There are a lot of games I enjoy. That's my one consolation hahaa get it? CONSOLATION as in console....

My god was that supposed to be a joke? Ok have a 1/10 as a consolation....

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Originally posted by CrazKanuk

Are you kidding?

I'm not sure where the joke is. If this is sarcasm, though, feel free to back up your logic with pictures and stuff. Yes, we will accept memes, but they are less effective than actual screenshot comparisons. 

Dunno what black dessert is, Ffxiv may be considered to be better I guess but the other three are pushing it. Archeage looks like shit. Like real big shit. ESO has one of the better graphics for an mmo. 

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• SammybonesSammybones Member UncommonPosts: 18
    Arakazi said:

Are you kidding?

http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/eso-launcher-graphics-enhancer-2/ if you dislike the graphics there are mods made for immensely improving the graphics. It comes with a 64bit client, improved, and more vibrant color to the world, improved lighting, the ability to modify sharpness on screen to go over 1080P if you wish to download that mod aswell, and more. Solution is solved!