Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Previous expansions free now?

so are the previous expansions rise of the hut cartel, shadows of revnan free now as soon as you sub for a month?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• GremeGreme Member UncommonPosts: 66
    Yes, both Rise of the Hutt Cartel and Shadow of Revan are now free for all subscribers. Also, if you lose your subscription afterwards, you will still have access to them.
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Even moreso, same applies to the kotfe chapters. That's why I'm planning on resubscribe for a month only after all the chapters are out, to grab them with one swing :wink: (plus I don't really play TOR currently, so don't have the urge to see the storyline as soon as right now. I think chapter 10 will be out soon?)
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Po_gg said:
    Even moreso, same applies to the kotfe chapters. That's why I'm planning on resubscribe for a month only after all the chapters are out, to grab them with one swing :wink: (plus I don't really play TOR currently, so don't have the urge to see the storyline as soon as right now. I think chapter 10 will be out soon?)
    If their plan works succesfully, they will keep adding more chapters.... 

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Greme said:
    Yes, both Rise of the Hutt Cartel and Shadow of Revan are now free for all subscribers. Also, if you lose your subscription afterwards, you will still have access to them.
    Greme said:
    Thanks for the answer...

any way to see if they are active for me, as i have been a subscriber in the past?   Ah well, i will eventually find out after i finished the Main story of my new Sith Warrior

• GremeGreme Member UncommonPosts: 66
    edited February 2016
    any way to see if they are active for me, as i have been a subscriber in the past?

Shadow of Revan is free for subscribers only since last October (KOTFE release), Rise of the Hutt Cartel has been free for subscribers for more than 2 years.

I cant find info about expansion access anywhere on my account webpage but there are some ways in game to check if you have them:

- if you can level to 51 then you have ROTHC, if you can level to 56 then you have SOR,

- if you can raise your crew skills above 400 then you have ROTHC, if you can raise them above 450 then you have SOR.

Now the last thing I am not 100% sure about but I believe that if you have any of the expansions, every time you create a new character you receive in game mails "Welcome to ROTHC/SOR/KOTFE" with some items attached (but it might be that everyone, no matter whether they have expansion or not, gets those mails since those expansions released).

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

True, I'm not following them closely nowadays, but I think right from the beginning they always talked about a storyline with fixed amount of chapters for kotfe, also with a fixed schedule for those chapters. I'm sure there will be more expansions later on, but this particular storyline will end somewhere in the summer...
  • jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    Po_gg said:

True, I'm not following them closely nowadays, but I think right from the beginning they always talked about a storyline with fixed amount of chapters for kotfe, also with a fixed schedule for those chapters. I'm sure there will be more expansions later on, but this particular storyline will end somewhere in the summer...
    I am not sure this will end so easily because the real threat is the emperor not valky or his little disney prince or princess. valky is just a face of "emperor", albeit his favorite face but a face nonetheless, emperor is eternal and i think in the end we will see all of these conflicts just made him even stronger and now he decided to stay in force ghost form and influence more world than he could ever do, eat more life force than his previous schemes got him.

As for the topic, from 17th december to 1st january they did a special event for all former subscribers, who could just login to swtor.com and apply for the event and they would get all expansion up to sor free of cost and also access to 1st chapter of kotfe along with 2 extra character slot and a free level 60 token, without have to subscribe. Thanks to the event  i now have 3 accounts with all expansion and at least 1st chapter of kotfe :D. Was a great offer for me :D.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 463
    i just payed 13 euro and i am playing Act 11 in Knights of the Fallen empire after i finished the other 2 expansions.

i cant complain :)
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    You can see exactly which chapters are out: http://www.swtor.com/fallen-empire/chapters
    13's coming next month. And finally a companion that I actually give a damn about is making a comeback. xD

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/