Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ok, now I'm upset. SQ42 release now anticipated for late 2016/early 2017

Comments

• QuesaQuesa Member UncommonPosts: 1,432
    Adjuvant1 said:
    Look, man, just because there aren't a bunch of sad people with buyer's remorse convincing themselves they're impressed, suckered into believing they have some hand in the dev process, while a guy sits on their 100 million, doesn't mean there's not as much or more progress on other games.

As opposed to someone who's ambiguous argument is supported by linking random game development articles and videos?

Seems legit.
    Star Citizen Referral Code: STAR-DPBM-Z2P4
  • ThourneThourne Member RarePosts: 757
    Adjuvant1 said:
    Thourne said:
    Adjuvant1 said:
    Thourne said:
    Adjuvant1 said:
    Thourne said:
    Adjuvant1 said:

Lie at 28:00

Look, man, just because there aren't a bunch of sad people with buyer's remorse convincing themselves they're impressed, suckered into believing they have some hand in the dev process, while a guy sits on their 100 million, doesn't mean there's not as much or more progress on other games.

The fact that other companies are making games is supposed to surprise who.
    I am aware of No Mans Sky.
    I look forward to playing it.
    Many people look forward to playing many games, not news.

• Turrican187Turrican187 Member UncommonPosts: 787
    Thourne said:
    Nice feature set. 
    If all of these features are indeed in the game then that would be an example of another place to do it.
    Well spotted.
    Yes this stuff is in the game right now.
    This video was recorded  in 5/2014

and this one is from 8/2013

When you have cake, it is not the cake that creates the most magnificent of experiences, but it is the emotions attached to it.
    The cake is a lie.

• Adjuvant1Adjuvant1 Member RarePosts: 2,100
    Right, random.

So, how do we all feel about the second topic, people being banned because private messages on RSI forums are examined, and the ban was for a free option to discuss the target pm target player's chat ban on another forum? That's cool with all of you? Their server, their rules... I agree, but look, now you know how they're watching you.

Already they've banned people for discussions on other sites. Their server, their rules... but how "right" is this? How desperate is it? What do you think of the Star Citizen thought-control police correcting offenders?
    Thourne said:
    Nice feature set. 
    If all of these features are indeed in the game then that would be an example of another place to do it.
    Well spotted.

Cool, I'd goggled and got a different one but these two hadn't come up.
    I will definitely view them later.
    Thanks
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Adjuvant1 said:
    Pepeq said:
    Adjuvant1 said:

I am a prospective customer...

So basically, you're complaining about a game that you haven't even bought... but still feel wronged in some way.
    Absolutely, I'm unhappy with what I see. Can you... discuss the issue now, or do you want more info on me?

Here, look, I've presented relevant data. Would you like to talk about the subject?
    As a prospective customer why do you believe you should have access to the same deals / prices as kickstarter supporters?

Waiting to buy a game, or not, when it launches - fine; but complaining you will then miss out on any pre-order deals  ......
    Adjuvant1 said:
    Right, random.

So, how do we all feel about the second topic, people being banned because private messages on RSI forums are examined, and the ban was for a free option to discuss the target pm target player's chat ban on another forum? That's cool with all of you? Their server, their rules... I agree, but look, now you know how they're watching you.

Already they've banned people for discussions on other sites. Their server, their rules... but how "right" is this? How desperate is it? What do you think of the Star Citizen thought-control police correcting offenders?
    So, not clarifying your complaint when called out, now switching to CIG is literally the NSA argument.

Check.
    gervaise1 said:
    Adjuvant1 said:
    Pepeq said:
    Adjuvant1 said:

I am a prospective customer...

So basically, you're complaining about a game that you haven't even bought... but still feel wronged in some way.
    Absolutely, I'm unhappy with what I see. Can you... discuss the issue now, or do you want more info on me?

Here, look, I've presented relevant data. Would you like to talk about the subject?
    As a prospective customer why do you believe you should have access to the same deals / prices as kickstarter supporters?

Waiting to buy a game, or not, when it launches - fine; but complaining you will then miss out on any pre-order deals  ......
    Not part of any aspect of this discussion.
    @Turrican187 ;

Allow me to say how nice it is to have someone post something factual with out distortion or obfuscation in an attempt to make their point.

I wish other persons on this board would take your example to heart.

You have shown a factual counter point to an argument the originator could not defend with their supposed evidence and weak comprehension of their linked videos meaning.

Kudos to you sir and +2 internets.
    Quesa said:
    Adjuvant1 said:
    Right, random.

So, not clarifying your complaint when called out, now switching to CIG is literally the NSA argument.

Check.
    You don't have a point, Quesa. You'd very much like to, I see. The fact is, he said "no other game features both this and this", and examples have been cited to the contrary. You blathered I was citing random games, which I was not, but rather a specific game, further along in development of its persistent universe. Another game was cited as well.

You're done talking to me for now, Quesa.
    Thourne said:
    @Turrican187 ;

Allow me to say how nice it is to have someone post something factual with out distortion or obfuscation in an attempt to make their point.

I wish other persons on this board would take your example to heart.

You have shown a factual counter point to an argument the originator could not defend with their supposed evidence and weak comprehension of their linked videos meaning.

Kudos to you sir and +2 internets.
    You know, even with sense and evidence, still people argue "but but but but".

But nothing. I spell enough out for you every other day. It's getting old. I'm not here to lie to you.
    Adjuvant1 said:
    Quesa said:
    Adjuvant1 said:
    Right, random.

Check.
    You don't have a point, Quesa. You'd very much like to, I see. The fact is, he said "no other game features both this and this", and examples have been cited to the contrary. You blathered I was citing random games, which I was not, but rather a specific game, further along in development of its persistent universe. Another game was cited as well.

But not your example.
    You were in error.
    You rushed to make a claim based on a comment I believe you didn't even fully comprehend that he made.
    You posted a link in defense of your point that in fact did not contradict the statement by Roberts.

I might also add that there is a difference between being in error and being a liar.
    You could easily have said he is wrong and been correct with other evidence (but not what you used).

edited February 2016
    Adjuvant1 said:
    Quesa said:
    Adjuvant1 said:
    Right, random.

Check.

Okay so you think that because other games have some of the same elements that the experience is the same.  Right, okay, great opinion.  Calling it a lie, bit much, don't you think?  Especially since you're calling someone elses opinion a lie, that's a great basis for an argument.

Maybe you shouldn't be trying to dish out free accounts to those banned, thus circumventing their moderation policies.  But thanks for at least giving us all the real reason why butmad all over this thread, lol.

Shock and horror that they scan/save messages sent to and from people on their own site, acting as if this doesn't happen on other sites.

You know, I ignored peoples' claims that there are groups of people actively partaking in a trolling/PR campaign for/against CIG but seeing as though you're the second person from SA spamming these boards doing just that, I'm starting to see their views.
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Thourne said:
    Nice feature set. 
    Well spotted.

Is this what Space Miners became or did they make a new game? I donated some money for Space Miners along time ago heh, but I kind of stopped following it I forget why.
    Quesa said:

Maybe you shouldn't be trying to dish out free accounts to those banned, thus circumventing their moderation policies.  But thanks for at least giving us all the real reason why butmad all over this thread, lol.
    How could I post on CGI forum? Damn, man. Why do you even get equal time as I to debate? Unfair. You should have a 10 character limit with your deductive prowess, just to make sure you can't do damage.

Stop talking to me.
    edited February 2016
    Adjuvant1 said:
    Quesa said:

How could I post on CGI forum? Damn, man. Why do you even get equal time as I to debate? Unfair. You should have a 10 character limit with your deductive prowess, just to make sure you can't do damage.

Stop talking to me.
    Ahh yes, the obligatory claim victory and end the discussion tactic, lol.

Disappointed that you didn't use /thread.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/43rp5g/inn_confirms_sq42_release_in_q1_2017/

It's on Reddit now, and will probably hit other gaming site news tomorrow along with some oblivious person's new thread, like my Ant Simulator comment.
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Adjuvant1 said:
    Thourne said:
    Adjuvant1 said:
    Thourne said:
    Adjuvant1 said:

Lie at 28:00

Care to clue us in on what the lie is?
    http://www.no-mans-sky.com/

So another game that isn't released is what you are referencing? 
    That means what he said is accurate.
    What you can do right now in CIGs alpha you can't do in No Mans Sky if it isn't at least also in alpha.
    Is it in a playable alpha state with alpha testers?
    No, and neither is Star Citizen.

Oh, and it should be noted that No Man's Sky is yet another title which suffered delays. If you wanted to throw out a game that someone could play then maybe ED? Even though it did ship feature incomplete you can buy it now, even if it isn't all that was promised.

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933
    edited February 2016
    Adjuvant1 said:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/43rp5g/inn_confirms_sq42_release_in_q1_2017/

It's on Reddit now, and will probably hit other gaming site news tomorrow along with some oblivious person's new thread, like my Ant Simulator comment.
    You know what's funny ?

When Blizzard or Bethesda or Valve or Ubisoft or whoever take their sweet time to release their products people like you say : no problem guys just make it good.

In CiG's case you cry bloody murder and behave like spoiled children. I can't figure out why.
    Shodanas said:
    Adjuvant1 said:

You know what's funny ?

When Blizzard or Bethesda or Valve or Ubisoft or whoever take their sweet time to release their products people like you say : no problem guys just make it good.

In CiG's case you cry bloody murder and behave like spoiled children.
    Those companies sell games on the value of their merit. CIG doesn't have a game yet, and unless you bought it within 14 days, you can't get a refund when you don't like it, plus it's late. No comparison. Sorry.
    edited February 2016
    Adjuvant1 said:
    Shodanas said:
    Adjuvant1 said:

You know what's funny ?

In CiG's case you cry bloody murder and behave like spoiled children.
    Those companies sell games on the value of their merit. CIG doesn't have a game yet, and unless you bought it within 14 days, you can't get a refund when you don't like it, plus it's late. No comparison. Sorry.
    Funny, cause i have SC installed on my SSD.

And you know what ? Until release the aforementioned companies don't have a game either. You see, usually we players do not get to play alpha or beta versions of single player games. Not the majority at least.

Unless ofc you have info showing us that SQ42 does not exist. That it is not being developed at all.
  • MrSnufflesMrSnuffles Member UncommonPosts: 1,117
    Wait, let me get this straight.

1. They split the single player game in 3 Episodes because $100 million is not enough to develop it all at once.
    2. They Split Every of these 3 Episodes into chapters that get released individually because $100 million is not enough to make at least one full Episode.
    3. They now delay this mini Chapter of an Episode another year.

Sounds legit.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"It's pretty simple, really. If your only intention in posting about a particular game or topic is to be negative, then yes, you should probably move on. Voicing a negative opinion is fine, continually doing so on the same game is basically just trolling."
    - Michael Bitton
    Community Manager, MMORPG.com

"As an online discussion about Star Citizen grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Derek Smart approaches 1" - MrSnuffles's law

"I am jumping in here a bit without knowing exactly what you all or talking about." 
    - SEANMCAD

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    Shodanas said:
    Funny, cause i have SC installed on my SSD.

No, you don't. You have a pre-alpha module amalgamation on your SSD, which you've been taught to call "Star Citizen".
    Wait, let me get this straight.

1. They split the single player game in 3 Episodes because $100 million is not enough to develop it all at once.
    2. They Split Every of these 3 Episodes into chapters that get released individually because $100 million is not enough to make at least one full Episode.
    3. They now delay this mini Chapter of an Episode another year.

Sounds legit.
    Can you please provide us a link to the relevant info ?

Thank you.
  • Colt47Colt47 Member UncommonPosts: 549
    edited February 2016
    Why is it so many people want to start bashing on every single little thing that pops up?   Why are people pretending they aren't finding good use of 100 million USD?  They literally have shown they are doing full Mo-cap and acting work for this game, along with developing hundreds of extremely high resolution art assets, revamping an entire game engine to work with SC and Squadron 42, are funding multiple shows, and paying extra to work on customer service systems.  What in the nine hells of the forum lords is wrong with everyone?!  

I'm hardly worried if they feel they have to delay their first episode an extra six or eight months given the shear amount of cogs that are turning in this monster of a project.

Edit: Forgot, it's actually TWO projects since the MMO was a stretch goal that they managed to reach.  So they are really supporting two games on this budget.