Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Day 13 Level 29 Stalker losing interest slowly..

PongpingPongping Member UncommonPosts: 131
edited October 2015 in WildStar
after playing 13 days , spending a few bucks and leveling a few classes to at least level 11 i slowly lose interest.

for the 1st few days i felt in love with this game. it felt fresh even if the grafics are extremly childish and often look like Salad. 

Its hard to find good gear upgrades while farming and theres not much in the auction either.

My L29 Stalker feels weaker and weaker compared to the content 
My L21 Engineer is just boring and slow

Esper 12, Spellsinger11 , Medic 10 and Warrior 13  are not very appealing to me. While Esper is easy mode but i dont enjoy the class.

The AMP system is uninteresting compared to other games enhanced skill/power options
The overall Skill level system is uninteresting (changes are mostly not even noticable) 

The game has a memory leak and runs bad even on the best Hardware after playing a while...

LAG, FREEZES and the permanent SERVER DELAY destroyed the rest of my will to play.

As Stalker its just horrible to fight if the server delays are between 1-2 seconds even with a 12ms ping. 

Overall close range is much harder because of all the lag..... Sometimes enemies move out of your Cone while Lag  and you waste your Energy

It was refreshing after Skyforge for 13 days but today i had the feeling that always leads to say goodbye to a MMORPG......

the feeling that its not worth to spend more time on Wildstar...

Comments

• wyldmagikwyldmagik Member UncommonPosts: 516
    level 48 stalker, hits like a truck.
  • NeuriaNeuria Member UncommonPosts: 9
    I won't bash your post, but I will say it's unfair.

The start of F2P I will agree was -awful- with lag. I wouldn't even consider the first 5 days 'playable' unless you were in the wee hours of the morning. Beyond that with the additional servers, it's gotten a lot better. The past 4 days I've had not a shred of lag through just about all of it (sans last night, but it went away in like an hour). They're still working on making the servers 10/10, they didn't expect this amount of demand, is all. I wouldn't write the game off permanently from a fixable issue.

As for Stalker, they can be one of the best Tanks out there, they're also great DPS when you get a good build down. Engineer being slow..? Can't say that's the case later on. I've played DPS and Tank Engie, I'd have to say Tank is a bit slower; once you get all the AMPs and upgrade abilities like Bio Shell to be instant-cast at certain points, I -obliterate- groups of mobs with no issue. The only bot you'd realistically use for DPS Engie is the Artillary bot, anything else just kind of takes up space IMHO.

Also if you think Esper hits harder than the overpowered monster that is Spellslinger, I don't think you were playing the class right. Did you know you could hold down to charge your 2nd ability? You can also spam your special ability which overpowers your attacks, most things will die faster than other classes could dream of if you know how to play a good Spellslinger. Plus if you like that Outlaw Star anime, it may offer some feels. Esper is still good, but even the devs themselves said its DPS starts off slower than most classes. It's not bad, but it's no Spellslinger.

End of the day, most classes aren't even shining at level 20, let alone 11. You're still missing out on a lot of what these classes have to offer, but it's totally fair if they just didn't grab your attention.

The memory leak I have not experienced since Beta of this game, but if you have it, I know that must put a damper on your experience. I sadly have no advice on how to fix it, but I'd check around.. The game isn't natively like that for everyone.

Sorry to hear Wildstar isn't turning out to be your cup of tea, it's a great game. Seems like the brunt of your distaste comes from performance issues, as stated above I'd definitely try to look in to that, if I were you. Unless your system is just an non-compliant brat. :anguished: 
  • c0existc0exist Member UncommonPosts: 196

Levels gained should never be higher than days played.  Been a sad decade for the mmorpg.

• NeuriaNeuria Member UncommonPosts: 9
    @c0exist

It's been that way since the beginning. If it took 13 days just to hit level 20, then the player must of only had 1 hour a day of playtime. Even with just 5 hours of gameplay in a week, you'd level to 20 easily in just about every MMO I can think of since 2001.
  • SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    edited October 2015
    c0exist said:

Levels gained should never be higher than days played.  Been a sad decade for the mmorpg.

Even in EQ 1 back in the early 2000s you could hit lvl 15~ easily in a day of playing. It didn't get to be days long grinds till 30+.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• HoiPoloiHoiPoloi Member UncommonPosts: 98
    If your stalker feels weak at level 29, then the problem is your build.  I have a level 30 stalker, and I just rip through mobs. 

Lag is a major problem though.

Rithwis, Righteous Golem of Camelot | Skritha, Orc Archer of Tamriel | Bloodwod, Sawbones of Auraxis | Thrumdi, Blue Norn of Tyria | Gwidwod, Spider of the Ettenmoors | Gideon Slack, Hunter of Alsius

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    edited October 2015
    Comment moved to another thread. 

Joined - July 2004

• mayito7777mayito7777 Member UncommonPosts: 768
    Is there a good guide for engineer out there?

want 7 free days of playing? Try this

http://www.swtor.com/r/ZptVnY

• Phixion13Phixion13 Member UncommonPosts: 190
    People are hitting lvl 50 in 20 hours played time now >< - stick to zone and world stories - if you want even faster try queuing for dungeons or pvp. Also: GamerPhix.com
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    Is there a good guide for engineer out there?
    u are playing necromancer wrong :pleased: 
  • mayito7777mayito7777 Member UncommonPosts: 768
    Nope I am playingf engineer but I cannot find anything good been said about them.

want 7 free days of playing? Try this

http://www.swtor.com/r/ZptVnY

• FlintsteenFlintsteen Member UncommonPosts: 282
    Onle played Beta and i never made it that far.  I think i was level 15ish.  The combat was allright,  but nothing special imo.  My problem was that i never got hooked.  I logged off and found myself not realy caring about what would happen next. Wildstar did nothing realy bad that i can think of exept that. To me it felt bland and with no taste. The combat was the only new thing, but it realy wasn't that great after having tried TERA.

I know i never got anywhere near endgame so maybe i'm not beeing fair. I just find if a game is only interesting at endgame it seriously lowers it's chance of succes. Games needs to catch you from the moment you start playing and the great games will keep you hooked for months/years
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    Nope I am playingf engineer but I cannot find anything good been said about them.
    i said necro because u replied to a 2 months old post

check out this guide ,is a bit complex ....
    DPS

http://forums.enigma-wildstar.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=26

Tank

http://forums.enigma-wildstar.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=481

• IzorkIzork Member UncommonPosts: 381
    Phixion13 said:
    People are hitting lvl 50 in 20 hours played time now >< - stick to zone and world stories - if you want even faster try queuing for dungeons or pvp. Also: GamerPhix.com
    If you stick to world story quests, zone and regional and only do 2-4 level quests above your level you will be able to do it in less than 10 hours depending on your knowledge of the game, and speed :)))
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    edited February 2016
    Pongping said:

the feeling that its not worth to spend more time on Wildstar...

Let me guess....
    It's that internal gut feeling that starts off with "not right now" but you already know you are probably done.
    Post edited by GeezerGamer on