Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"Final Fantasy looks like Call of Duty"

KiyorisKiyoris Member RarePosts: 2,130
edited February 2016 in General Gaming
So after this trailer, people have been calling FFXV, Call of Fantasy, Unreal tournament, MGS clone, etc.

I think they're partially right though.

If no one told you what the FF series was, would you say this is more an action game / shooter or RPG.

Comments

• cerulean2012cerulean2012 Member UncommonPosts: 492
    It might end up doing well but this is one Final Fantasy I am going to pass on.
  • DaikuruDaikuru Member RarePosts: 797
    Couldn't care less.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

- Albert Einstein

• ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    tis is PS4 only?:) good its fail, dont need buy PS4 for 1 game haha. yes im FF fan but tis looks non-FF game.
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    How does this look like call of duty? Just because it has a stealth section?

I don't see the connection.

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854
    It's pretty decent for an action-RPG. I've played the demo and enjoyed it.
  • KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286
    Honestly, this looks far more interesting than the last couple of main FF titles. They've definitely stepped into the realm of action RPG with this combat sequence that was shown, which I feel is a positive thing. 
  • Righteous_RockRighteous_Rock Member RarePosts: 1,234
    Does anyone here actually play call of duty? I do and I really doubt call of duty is a good comparison. Love Black ops 3, multiplayer , zombies, campaigns are always good too. 
  • Gaming.Rocks2Gaming.Rocks2 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    True it has changed into an action RPG but how's Call of Duty of any relevance here? Why not call it Pro Evolution Fantasy then since we're just shooting crap! ;)
    Gaming Rocks next gen. community for last gen. gamers launching soon. 
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    edited February 2016
    It is believed by PC Gamers especially MMORPG'ers that Call Of Duty represents a mainstream rude brat "bro" player which they are supposedly better than socially and mentally. Any time people from the PC Gamer community wish to take a shot at someone or something they typically invoke Call of Duty (FPS shooter, quick sniping etc).
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • scorpex-xscorpex-x Member RarePosts: 1,030
    FF lost its way some time ago, the franchise is nowhere near as popular as it once was.

I was hoping the Ff7 remake was going to reinvigorate the franchise, then I saw they were splitting the game up into episodes.
  • SwiftrevoirSwiftrevoir Member UncommonPosts: 158
    This is some very selective nitpicking.  There are thousands of videos to watch about this game that indicate its a much different experience from the comparisons the OP is drawing. I agree FF has evolved into something almost unrecognizable but to call it Call of Duty is a bit far fetched. 
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    That looks fucking amazing! I was expecting some kind of first person shooter when you said "Call of Duty" and "Unreal tournament", haha do you even know what you are talking about?

Anyway, thanks for the clip, I had forgotten about FFXV, definitely back on the radar after that!
  • LyrianLyrian Member UncommonPosts: 412
    I like it! I think the biggest thing holding the FF series back was the turn based battle system. I need to start looking at buying myself PS4.
  • bsukalabsukala Member UncommonPosts: 36
    Lyrian said:
    I like it! I think the biggest thing holding the FF series back was the turn based battle system. I need to start looking at buying myself PS4.

I would have to disagree that turn based battle system is holding the series back. FF was at its peak with the ATB. Since going towards  full action-based the series has lost something in translation.
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    I'm not a big fan of this series but this video looks fine to me.  I think it is ok for companies to try and move away from doing the same old thing every version.  If people dont like it, it wont sell well and the company learns to move in another direction.
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    It might end up doing well but this is one Final Fantasy I am going to pass on.
    Right behind you on this.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    How in any shape or form do you get Call of Duty from that?

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• maple2maple2 Member UncommonPosts: 161
    so basicly a bunch of kids that just can't understand  a game says it looks like another game? cause FF15 does seem to have the best overall graphics i have seen in years. for a console. FF15 will be good
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    looks better then that FF13 pos they trie to push with the lightning thing, also tell meh when as any FF like the previous? during the snes time it was the same look per see but it was more because the system let then have that much, and also because they wanted to make good games with good system.

after ff7 they are just pushing for graphics and not caring much for gameplays. ff8 was playable, too much over powered chars, but it was okish, ff9 was a huge meh, ff10 the mian char is annoying but nothing over the board, and was ok and pretty nice sometimes, had one of the best minigames in any ff till today blitzball, (I will forget the ffx-2.... and still don't know WHY they cahnged the blitzball minigame on this one u.u), ff11 well online it did deliver, had all the ff trade marks, ff12 was a..... it didn't know if it was a offline or online game, crap story too, okish system, but it make the game too grindish and forced you to look at wikis or faqs to check other people results so you didnt miss a weapon who could help (summon was fucked up...), ff13 that damn game was even a automatic combat if you didn't want to do the damn combat, was better to try to sell it like a OVA ff then a game (we do know how that did end last time), also hope could they do a more annoying kid then that? lightning was the better character mostly because she stayed quiet most of the game (I will not even mention the others games because, serious for what reason they even tried to push the same weak characters around?).

now on ff15 we have more action and a bigger world (looks like it), the main char looks kinda over powered for any game, but the combat at least is combat you do something not just keep watching the thing happen
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    I cant wait for this and Final Fantasy 7 Remake
  • GormogonGormogon Member UncommonPosts: 224
    The Arkham series games come to mind for me before CoD.  I've always considered the Final Fantasy series to be experimental: it's a platform to test RPG ideas that will get played because of the label.  If you're going to make your own RPG, the FF series has as many as a dozen examples of character building systems, combat systems, settings, and storylines that can give you an idea how similar ideas you have might work, what their drawbacks might be, and so on.

My concern this particular time around is that I've already played the Arkham series games (or CoD if that's your comparison).   If I had to guess, I'd say the game will pay a price for being late, as in if it had come out four years ago the ideas would have seemed considerably fresher.  If that turns out to be true, the game will probably have to rely more on its story.  Unlike a lot of fans, I don't think storytelling has usually been FF's strong suit; certainly not compared to Western RPGs.
  • unfilteredJWunfilteredJW Member RarePosts: 388
    If it is somehow even worse than 13, I'd buy it just to see how they could have made it worse.

I'm a MUDder. I play MUDs.

Current: Dragonrealms

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I am as fps as they come ,i have gone through all the past Unreal/Quake/COd games and FFXV reminds me nothing of those series.

For one thing you don't have 3 goofy stumbling awkward characters to control in those other games.ALso those other games you are predominantly surrounded by walls /structures most or the time,FFXV looks more out in the open world.

Combat i don't like,it looks bad to me,especially when the weapon disappears,like where does it go lmao.Way i figure is they had some issues with animations and graphics/lag and instead of figuring it out they just cut some corners and had the weapon disappear,in between attacks.

The setting also seems awkward in FFXV it's like some city slickers chasing after creatures,it doesn't look right.In the COD series things look pretty much right,you got your military stuff and your weapons and the whole immersion thing is spot on.

FFXV looks amazing graphically,but not much else after that.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• CouganCougan Member UncommonPosts: 422
    That looks pretty amazing and how a enemy base infiltration should go down with some intense music. But I'll always have fond memories of FF8s missile silo area