Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Developer Q&A January 25th 4pm PST/Midnight UTC

VictoriaRachelVictoriaRachel Member UncommonPosts: 79

Yep it is Monday, and that means questions. So get them all together and run over to the official forums and post away. With such a different approach to the MMO genre I am sure a lot of you have questions, so this is the time to ask!

What: Live Streamed Q&A by Jeremy 'Caspian' Walsh lead on Chronicles of Elyria.

Where: DM21_Gaming over on YouTube (https://gaming.youtube.com/c/DM21Gaming/live)

When: Monday, January 25th at 4pm PST / 7pm EST / Midnight GMT

How: Questions can be submitted in advance here: https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/General-Discussion/1993-January-25th-QA-Stream--Ask-Questions-Here

Author of the Elyria Echo. Follow us here @ElyriaEcho.

Comments

• VictoriaRachelVictoriaRachel Member UncommonPosts: 79
    The video is up, the video is up, the video is up!

Author of the Elyria Echo. Follow us here @ElyriaEcho.
  • MaygusMaygus Member UncommonPosts: 374
    Late to reply... but so is the transcript

See past transcripts here
    Visit the Chronicles of Elyria official site and the Official Wiki... an upcoming MMO from Soulbound Studios with real consequences to your actions.
    Finite Resources, WYSIWYG looting to player created and maintained maps and a deep modular crafting system. So much more that hasn't been said, ask questions! Post your thoughts! Spread the word of COE!

If you haven't yet, register with my referrer code on the official website: B0E240
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited February 2016
    I'm watching now,seems i always miss these videos from every game :(

wait i think i saw this already lol.Ok maybe i didn't see this one lmao.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• MaygusMaygus Member UncommonPosts: 374
    Wizardry said:
    I'm watching now,seems i always miss these videos from every game :(

wait i think i saw this already lol.Ok maybe i didn't see this one lmao.
     ^.^
    Visit the Chronicles of Elyria official site and the Official Wiki... an upcoming MMO from Soulbound Studios with real consequences to your actions.
    Finite Resources, WYSIWYG looting to player created and maintained maps and a deep modular crafting system. So much more that hasn't been said, ask questions! Post your thoughts! Spread the word of COE!

If you haven't yet, register with my referrer code on the official website: B0E240
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited February 2016
    Hen mentions a subscription server,that would be me,that is what i want.

I can't seem to grasp the whole family versus not idea.Example can anyone help anyone or are activities based on family members.Example he  mentions building a house and needing several people,do those have to be family members.
    I think i finally have an idea of your players purpose.It seems the beginning purpose of your player is to learn skills/trades but what i haven't figured out is HOW you upgrade those skills.
    Something else very important is do we actually see player names because in a realistic scenario we should not see names or name plates over player heads.I mention this because how do you report someone  or try to have someone arrested if you don't really know their name .Then even if you do report someone to be arrested,how does the authority know where to find that person and how would they recognize that person with no name?

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• VucarVucar Member UncommonPosts: 311
    edited February 2016
    Wizardry said:
    Hen mentions a subscription server,that would be me,that is what i want.

I can't seem to grasp the whole family versus not idea.Example can anyone help anyone or are activities based on family members.Example he  mentions building a house and needing several people,do those have to be family members.
    I think i finally have an idea of your players purpose.It seems the beginning purpose of your player is to learn skills/trades but what i haven't figured out is HOW you upgrade those skills.
    Something else very important is do we actually see player names because in a realistic scenario we should not see names or name plates over player heads.I mention this because how do you report someone  or try to have someone arrested if you don't really know their name .Then even if you do report someone to be arrested,how does the authority know where to find that person and how would they recognize that person with no name?
    No particular reason your house must be made exclusively by your family. You could probably hire someone to build a house and simply pay them in silver for the whole job.

Skills upgrade like in any other game - use them to improve them. I believe there's plans for a school / tutoring system as well, for possible offline skill gain. Someone should correct me if im wrong on that. As to how much of a grind it will be, we won't know that until beta / early access and then some knobs can be turned as to what feels right.

Player names are not overhead unless they introduce themselves to you. If you don't get introduced to someone, or if they introduce themselves as a different identity, then you won't truly know who they are.

As far as justice system goes, its an ongoing discussion. We haven't received as many explicit details about it yet. I imagine this is going to be one of the trickier things to balance in a game with so much freedom.