Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Marine news, and two devs leave.

1131415161719»

Comments

• ThourneThourne Member RarePosts: 757
    Eadan1 said:
    Let me suggest something controversial. What if DS is a CIG shill? There is nothing that increases public support and sympathy more than looking like a victim. Anyone who have valid complaints about SC gets called a DS shill who have an agenda against the game. CIG gains public support and sympathy. DS gets publicity. Think about it.
    Lol yah.
    Been brought up before but still funny to consider for sure.
  • QuesaQuesa Member UncommonPosts: 1,432
    Eadan1 said:
    Funnier than anyone not worshipping CIG getting accused of having an agenda?
    It's the same ol' internet story.  If you don't believe what I believe, you're stupid.  It's just a little more visible on smaller communities like this one.
    Star Citizen Referral Code: STAR-DPBM-Z2P4
  • QuesaQuesa Member UncommonPosts: 1,432
    Eadan1 said:
    Quesa said:
    Eadan1 said:
    It's the same ol' internet story.  If you don't believe what I believe, you're stupid.  It's just a little more visible on smaller communities like this one.
    Not just stupid though, you are part of a secret organization. You don't see that everywhere.
    Yeah, I call them the Human Centipede Posters on MMORPG.com.  They feed off each other so much that it becomes their only view on a game/review/statement.
    Star Citizen Referral Code: STAR-DPBM-Z2P4
    Eadan1 said:
    Thourne said:
    Eadan1 said:
    Let me suggest something controversial. What if DS is a CIG shill? There is nothing that increases public support and sympathy more than looking like a victim. Anyone who have valid complaints about SC gets called a DS shill who have an agenda against the game. CIG gains public support and sympathy. DS gets publicity. Think about it.
    Lol yah.
    Been brought up before but still funny to consider for sure.
    There is an oceans width of difference between saying All and Some. 

I don't believe anyone here believes "anyone" disagreeing with them has an agenda.
    That said, there are certainly posters here on various sides of any issue that do.
  • HeraseHerase Member RarePosts: 993
    Eadan1 said:
    Quesa said:
    Eadan1 said:
    Not just stupid though, you are part of a secret organization. You don't see that everywhere.
    You don't, thats why this entire debate is just way over the top. People are part of a secret organization or Cult It's all just silly imho. Nothing wrong with sharing concerns, but just seems people are looking high and low  for some kind of dirt or whatever to continue their argument. Feel we all should just have time off talking about SC and comeback at the end of the year lol.
  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,381
    Distopia said:
    Likewise, if there wasn't any truth to the Escapist article why wasn't any legal action taken against them after all this time? We are still waiting for The Escapist to be brought down by lawsuit for defamatory and slanderous actions as predicted by the people that believe SC can do no wrong.

It's a stupid mess from whichever side you want to look at it from.
    That's actually pretty simple, a lawsuit hurts all involved, it takes time as well as funds, on the other hand, The Escapist is a news site, their job is writing the story, as well as presenting it. Not to mention following through on a piece/investigation they start.

Unless they're sitting on it for some reason...when they have said themselves; if they have something they put it out there. Hence the rush to publish before CR's side was put in the original piece. (You don't want interest to fizzle out before you publish after all, I think we all get that..)

It just seems at this point they had nothing substantial to follow up with. Which says a lot about the original story. Unless of course they're afraid of actually getting sued.

They presented some serious implications in their initial report, they do have some responsibility as journalists to follow through on what they started, as well as presenting the closest thing they can to the truth. 

If I were them, I'd be preparing the tell-all book, prepped for release when things blow up for SC.   Certainly, I sent them info on the most egregious Chris Roberts Origin behavior that I knew of. 

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• goobsnewsgoobsnews Member UncommonPosts: 220

If I were them, I'd be preparing the tell-all book, prepped for release when things blow up for SC.   Certainly, I sent them info on the most egregious Chris Roberts Origin behavior that I knew of. 
    One of the CIG UK employees who is a goon mole is actually going to be writing one. I look forward to the hilarious things contained within.
  • lokiboardlokiboard Member UncommonPosts: 229
    Do you people hound your stock broker like you do these guys....You seriously need to relax....All your negativeness may be screwing with your investment....In addition, believing anything typed into these forums without a link for you to consideration is simply stupid....
  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,381
    lokiboard said:
    Do you people hound your stock broker like you do these guys....You seriously need to relax....All your negativeness may be screwing with your investment....In addition, believing anything typed into these forums without a link for you to consideration is simply stupid....

If my stockbroker had the history of Digital Anvil and the Wing Commander movie on his resume, I would sure be hounding....   Wait, if he had that history, he wouldn't be my stockbroker.  

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

lokiboard said:

If my stockbroker had the history of Digital Anvil and the Wing Commander movie on his resume, I would sure be hounding....   Wait, if he had that history, he wouldn't be my stockbroker.  
    God but that movie was awful.
    Actually took my son to it when he was young.
    Opening day had a Star Wars trailer for one of the prequels...the only reason it wasn't a total loss.

That said, I did enjoy the Punisher.
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Asm0deus said:
    If there was any truth to the escapist article why wasn't any legal action taken against CIG after all this time? We are still waiting for CIG to be brought down by lawsuit and government action as predicted by the people that want SC to fail.
    To be honest, why didnt CIG take legal action after the escapist called them on their threat?  CIG threatened legal action, not the escapist or the former employees.  You cant use the lack of legal action against the escapist/ex-employees and then dismiss its importance when Chris Roberts did the exact thing you are accusing the escapist or former employees of doing.

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    Talonsin said:
    Asm0deus said:
    If there was any truth to the escapist article why wasn't any legal action taken against CIG after all this time? We are still waiting for CIG to be brought down by lawsuit and government action as predicted by the people that want SC to fail.
    To be honest, why didnt CIG take legal action after the escapist called them on their threat?  CIG threatened legal action, not the escapist or the former employees.  You cant use the lack of legal action against the escapist/ex-employees and then dismiss its importance when Chris Roberts did the exact thing you are accusing the escapist or former employees of doing.

That is just how they roll, one sided and only trust their God Chris. 
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,389
    edited February 2016
    Brenics said:
    Talonsin said:
    Asm0deus said:

Yeah I asked a question...guess that's just how I roll.

Generally speaking in America your innocent until proven guilty not the other way around, guess that's just how we all roll around here.

As for the ones making accusations, it's certainly not me but if I read something were people are doing that I expect "them" to back it up.

That includes some of the wackier claims I have seen here but then some here think their beliefs and opinion is enough to be counted as facts, I guess that's just how they roll.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Brenics said:
    Talonsin said:
    Asm0deus said:

Ahem! Just for clarity, DS also threatened a lawsuit and also said he was going to pony up the money...... And that never happened. 

The reality is that nobody wants to sink time and, possibly, millions of dollars on territorial pis sings whe n, in the end, YOU are going to simply come up with additional fantastical bullshit, and others will remain steadfast in defending. So, really, a lawsuit would change nothing for either side.

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

CrazKanuk said:
    Brenics said:
    Talonsin said:
    Asm0deus said:

Ahem! Just for clarity, DS also threatened a lawsuit and also said he was going to pony up the money...... And that never happened. 

The reality is that nobody wants to sink time and, possibly, millions of dollars on territorial pis sings whe n, in the end, YOU are going to simply come up with additional fantastical bullshit, and others will remain steadfast in defending. So, really, a lawsuit would change nothing for either side.
    True.
    The short version is -> There is no money in it. That goes for every party envolved.
    Well to me watching all the BS out of CIG when they gave DS his money back and started having CR have his henchmen attacking DS I would of done the same and said a lot of bs. 

Come on guys just reading the response from CR to the The Escapest was like listening to a little kid complaining that everyone is out to get him. Today people laugh at CR for crying like a little baby back then. 

Just saying.

• klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    edited February 2016
    This is going to be very interesting to pull up let say in October 2018 (for shits and giggles). Either way, IF IF IF IF  the game comes out, it has to be really amazing, or it ends up being the biggest bust/failure in gaming development history.

Personally I think they spoke too soon about what the game is going to be..but that's spilled milk now.

Either way we will be there to watch it burn or shine because its flame proof.

i'm wearing my ray bans.
    :awesome: 

so people.. supporters/detractors whatever..  stop tripping out! what's done is done, if you gave them your money for this so called "test" or whatever they want to call it "Pre Access" whatever it is.. if you paid 10k or $60 for a ship.. what's done is done. stop talking about this shit and just wait and see if your investment was smart or not. 

No pun intended. 
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

klash2def said:
    This is going to be very interesting to pull up let say in October 2018 (for shits and giggles). Either way, IF IF IF IF  the game comes out, it has to be really amazing, or it ends up being the biggest bust/failure in gaming development history.

Personally I think they spoke too soon about what the game is going to be..but that's spilled milk now.

i'm wearing my ray bans.

so people.. supporters/detractors whatever..  stop tripping out! what's done is done, if you gave them your money for this so called "test" or whatever they want to call it "Pre Access" whatever it is.. if you paid 10k or $60 for a ship.. what's done is done. stop talking about this shit and just wait and see if your investment was smart or not. 

No pun intended. 
    OK who let this guy in here talking common sense! :-D

• KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Brenics said:
    klash2def said:

i'm wearing my ray bans.

No pun intended. 
    OK who let this guy in here talking common sense! :-D

I'll have a talk with the bouncer and tell him to make sure they hit the people on the head harder before they come in.