Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy XV Niflheim Base Footage and New Character Reveal

ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/01/31/new-final-fantasy-15-character-revealed-release-date-event-details-confirmed
Hajime Tabata and marketing manager Akio Ofuji introduced a new character: Aranea Highwind.

Highwind is the commander of Niflheim’s Third Army Corps 87th Airborne Division, according to Square Enix, and a “skilled aerial combatant known as ‘Dragoon’ within the Imperial military.”

Comments

• scorpex-xscorpex-x Member RarePosts: 1,030
    SJW will censor those boobs!
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Square has lost it's marbles,that combat is just silly,floating in the air and somersaults .I am not a fan of ARPG type combat either,i prefer this group of 3 to be turned based.
    Only thing Square still does well is textures/graphics all the rest is like totally new people running their game development systems.

Even the constantly hunched over animations reminds me more or korean type design,i have never seen hunched over characters in Square Enix games.
    it is too bad ,i thought Square was going to be my go to home for gaming for a lot of years,but all those old school guys have left the team.
    I was really looking forward to this game when i saw the graphics,but the game play is just not for me.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    Wizardry said:
    Square has lost it's marbles,that combat is just silly,floating in the air and somersaults .I am not a fan of ARPG type combat either,i prefer this group of 3 to be turned based.
    Only thing Square still does well is textures/graphics all the rest is like totally new people running their game development systems.

Even the constantly hunched over animations reminds me more or korean type design,i have never seen hunched over characters in Square Enix games.
    it is too bad ,i thought Square was going to be my go to home for gaming for a lot of years,but all those old school guys have left the team.
    I was really looking forward to this game when i saw the graphics,but the game play is just not for me.

Uhhhh... have you ever played Final Fantasy?
  • exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    Wizardry said:

The real question is, have YOU ever played Final Fantasy?
  • simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    exile01 said:
    Wizardry said:

The real question is, have YOU ever played Final Fantasy?

Yeah, they're full of flashy animations and angsty, sexually frustrated teenagers with non-ironic outfits from the thrift shop.
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    edited February 2016
    The franchise has been slowly evolving to action to semi action combat. You adapt or you don't play them.

I personally prefer action combat nowadays. That doesn't mean the games have been becoming bad. This mentality that everything in the past games was perfect needs to cease. Most rpgs where turned based back then because it was the popular thing and due to technology limitation obviously.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Bloodaxes said:
    The franchise has been slowly evolving to action to semi action combat. You adapt or you don't play them.

I personally prefer action combat nowadays. That doesn't mean the games have been becoming bad. This mentality that everything in the past games was perfect needs to cease. Most rpgs where turned based back then because it was the popular thing and due to technology limitation obviously.
    I never played any of the old final fantasy for its combat, it was for the story. The whole blurry screen thing phasing into an instanced combat was annoying to me.  And I enjoyed the combat for what it was but even back then as I played in my head I still thought how cool would it be if it actually played like zelda or something with real time combat in a full 3D world.  And now that stuff is coming true and it annoys me how some people cling to their past.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Lol, FFXV is what happens when Metal Gear Solid meets Kingdom Hearts....and I surprisingly don't hate how its looking.