Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Desert With a Little Scam Work

13»

Comments

• sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    tom_gore said:
    Looking at the "disaster" Blade and Soul is currently in (all servers under 30-240 minute queue half of the day), I'd say they will be strongly considering megaservers now.

And I don't blame them. There's nothing as fucked up as not being able to play the game you've paid for.

0 Queues on the server i play on.
  • MagikarpsGhostMagikarpsGhost Member RarePosts: 689
    tom_gore said:
    Looking at the "disaster" Blade and Soul is currently in (all servers under 30-240 minute queue half of the day), I'd say they will be strongly considering megaservers now.

And I don't blame them. There's nothing as fucked up as not being able to play the game you've paid for.

seems this issue is no longer in existance. i can hop on instantly.

free 7 day sub and unlocks for swtor new accounts and 90+ day inactive subs click here to get it!

Click here for trove referral, bonuses to both!

• KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    jircris said:
    tom_gore said:

seems this issue is no longer in existance. i can hop on instantly.

Who would have thought the servers would quiet down for a new mmo?
  • QuesaQuesa Member UncommonPosts: 1,432
    edited January 2016
    SirBalin said:
    It is not the companies fault if they happen to change the direction of the game at some point.

Let me be very clear, it is YOUR FAULT when you buy $100 dollar worth of nothing before a game is even out, then you get disappointed. You knew what you were getting into (the risk of paying before launch), and you went for it.
    When they openly say, "we will not have mega servers"  then you should feel rather safe. 
    Just putting this into context before someone says, "prove it", here is a quite from a PM Diary entry by PM_Belsazar:

I did mention in my interview before that we are not going with a Mega Server, but it is still something that we might consider, due to the benefits that would come with it. Before you start worrying, I’d like to provide some more details about what those benefits are. Also please be aware that Pearl Abyss and Daum Games are both very determined to offer the best gaming experience. So our ultimate goal is to secure a stable gameplay.

A Mega Server would mean that we would have 2 Mega Servers. One in NA and one in the EU. Each offering multiple channels, from which you can choose. You would be able to switch with your character between each channel, thus allowing you to play with your friends that are on the same Mega Server (EU or NA).

The ‘regular setup’ would be if there were 2 “World Servers” (EU and NA). Although instead of multiple channels, you would find multiple servers named Calpheon, Balenos, Serendia and so forth, from which, you would have to choose your starting point. The downside is, you won’t be able to switch servers (e.g. Calpehon to Balenos) at any time; unless a merge happens due to a deserting server. 
    Again, our final decision will be based on what we believe will be the best experience for players, both on technical terms and for pure enjoyment.

(Note: I am for a Mega-server over multiple)

Star Citizen Referral Code: STAR-DPBM-Z2P4