Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen and Squadron 42 split - now you suddenly have to buy second one.

LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
So, this one went pretty ignored.

They suddenly decided Star Citizen and Squadron 42 are now two separate games, although for years they claimed you are getting all
with your preorder/backing ( and people preordered thinking they are getting both. )

I dont know how much more can they bitchslap their poor backers.

Comments

• UnleadedRevUnleadedRev Member UncommonPosts: 568
    edited January 2016
    My email from them states the following in the Update Section:

If you want to lock in both games for the lowest possible price, consider pledging before this deadline. You can learn more about Squadron 42, our thrilling single-player adventure, here.
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    First ... all backers so far will get both. No change there. Only the ones who join after 14th Feb 2016 are affected by the split.

Second ... CIG has been talking about this for quite some time, specifially at the December livestream ... so much for your "suddenly".

Third ... the only new thing is that they have announced a date for the split, the 14th Feb 2016

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15178-Roundup-Free-Fly-212-Patch-And-Other-Updates

Have fun

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    My email from them states the following in the Update Section, so if you already pledged you still get it without paying additional money:

If you want to lock in both games for the lowest possible price, consider pledging before this deadline. You can learn more about Squadron 42, our thrilling single-player adventure, here.
    Nothing in that text implies you get both if you pledge, just "the lowest possible price".
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    edited January 2016
    Existing backers are okay, it's only new backers that are getting the shorter end of the stick.

They'll also be the expansions to pay for at some point as well.
    Erillion said:
    First ... all backers so far will get both. 
    ...source?
  • exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    So, they got backed for 100mills to make 2 games now? haha.
  • UnleadedRevUnleadedRev Member UncommonPosts: 568
    Erillion said:
    First ... all backers so far will get both. No change there. Only the ones who join after 14th Feb 2016 are affected by the split.

Second ... CIG has been talking about this for quite some time, specifially at the December livestream ... so much for your "suddenly".

Third ... the only new thing is that they have announced a date for the split, the 14th Feb 2016

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15178-Roundup-Free-Fly-212-Patch-And-Other-Updates

Have fun

Here is the SUDDENLY:
    I received this on Jan 30, 2016-

Jan 30 at 2:20 PM
    edited January 2016
    Gdemami said:
    Erillion said:
    First ... all backers so far will get both. 
    ...source?
    http://blogjob.com/oneangrygamer/2016/01/star-citizen-and-squadron-42-can-be-purchased-separately-in-february/

"....At the moment, backers will be able to get Squadron 42 and Star Citizen together for a limited time before February 14th for $45.00...."

The "limited time" lasted over 3 years ;-)

Have fun

exile01 said:
    Nope. That (Star Citizen multiplayer game + Squadron 42 solo game) was already in the initial Kickstarter.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cig/star-citizen/description

Have fun

• hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    So, "free weekend" plus "buy now to get both" offering...

No, still not running out of cash. Everything is just fine. Yup, yup, JUST fine...
    Erillion said:
    http://blogjob.com/oneangrygamer/2016/01/star-citizen-and-squadron-42-can-be-purchased-separately-in-february/

"....At the moment, backers will be able to get Squadron 42 and Star Citizen together for a limited time before February 14th for $45.00...."

The "limited time" lasted over 3 years ;-)

Have fun
    "Billy D" is CIG employee or somehow officially related? Otherwise it is just random assumption...
    Gdemami said:
    "Billy D" is CIG employee or somehow officially related? Otherwise it is just random assumption...
    Well, you COULD listen to the December livestream recording ....

You COULD ask the devs for clarification on the official forum if you do not believe me.

Have fun
    Are you being paid by the company making this game?
    See PM.

Have fun

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Just checked my account. I pledged in 2014 and I still can't see that Squadron 42 is part of my account. No worries though... I've already given up on this thing and now that RSI is fucking it's (future) backers big time, I'm not even considering ever to look at it again... Guess Elite: Dangerous is my place to stay instead.
    Erillion said:
    Gdemami said:
    Well, you COULD listen to the December livestream recording ....

You COULD ask the devs for clarification on the official forum if you do not believe me.

Have fun
    Oh, so there is no official word, just assumptions. Got it.
    edited January 2016
    Reizla said:
    Just checked my account. I pledged in 2014 and I still can't see that Squadron 42 is part of my account. No worries though... I've already given up on this thing and now that RSI is fucking it's (future) backers big time, I'm not even considering ever to look at it again... Guess Elite: Dangerous is my place to stay instead.
    -->  "This package allows you to pledge for Squadron 42, bundled with Star Citizen ..."

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Packages/Squadron-42-Pledge

You will have an entry called "Star Citizen Digital Download" and "Squadron 42 Digital Download" in the description of every pledge package.

>>> Oh, so there is no official word, just assumptions. Got it.  >>> See above.

Have fun

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    exile01 said:
    Smartest guy on the page right here.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    Erillion said:
    Reizla said:
    -->  "This package allows you to pledge for Squadron 42, bundled with Star Citizen ..."

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Packages/Squadron-42-Pledge

You will have an entry called "Star Citizen Digital Download" and "Squadron 42 Digital Download" in the description of every pledge package.

Have fun

So SC still obviously contains FPS elements with the ability to leave your ship repair, fight etc.  It's just that the "Call of Duty" campaign is now a separate game?
    edited January 2016
    goboygo said:
    So SC still obviously contains FPS elements with the ability to leave your ship repair, fight etc.  It's just that the "Call of Duty" campaign is now a separate game?
    Nope.

Squadron 42 = solo game. Cinematic storyline.

Star Citizen = multiplayer game. Persistent Universe.

Both contain FPS elements.

Have fun

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    LOL
  • DeathengerDeathenger Member UncommonPosts: 880
    Erillion said:
    exile01 said:
    Nope. That (Star Citizen multiplayer game + Squadron 42 solo game) was already in the initial Kickstarter.

Have fun

Are you being paid by the company making this game?
    It would appear that way

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Looks like they're about ready to kick the Squadron 42 hype machine into high gear.

This split of the 2 products is needed to allow SQ42 to be marketed as a stand-alone single-player game. It was always intended to be a standalone, set in the same universe but a self-contained story.

There will probaly be a tie-in with something like including SC access or perks as a bonus when pre-ordering SQ42. That will rope-in a whole bunch of potential players who've been reluctant to back SC until now, because they're primarily interested in playing SQ42.
  • CatibrieCatibrie Member UncommonPosts: 87
    Even less desire to give them money, didn't see that coming lol
  • DeathengerDeathenger Member UncommonPosts: 880
    Looks like they're about ready to kick the Squadron 42 hype machine into high gear.

This split of the 2 products is needed to allow SQ42 to be marketed as a stand-alone single-player game. It was always intended to be a standalone, set in the same universe but a self-contained story.

There will probaly be a tie-in with something like including SC access or perks as a bonus when pre-ordering SQ42. That will rope-in a whole bunch of potential players who've been reluctant to back SC until now, because they're primarily interested in playing SQ42.
    It was advertised as a game mode during the kick starter, not a separate game. To now push it off as a separate game is some crooked ass shit.

• BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939

It was advertised as a game mode during the kick starter, not a separate game. To now push it off as a separate game is some crooked ass shit.
    Well now that they had to eliminate SM because of copyright they had to do something. But I agree this whole scam is starting to fall apart. I give them 2 or 3 more months and then one day people will wake up and the whole thing will go poof.
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!