Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com : General : MMOFTW - Blade & Soul Hits a Million

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited January 2016 in Videos Discussion

imageMMORPG.com : General : MMOFTW - Blade & Soul Hits a Million

Free MMORPG List and MMO Games at MMORPG.com

Read the full story here

Comments

• JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    Exiting stuff. Division has potential to be awesome but could turn out to be just like Destiny. I hear you can betray people so it sounds like there are some player freedoms.

First I am hearing of Icarus. I have seen no hype at all for this game and Nexon... idk, I'm skeptical.
    Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • year3215year3215 Member UncommonPosts: 16

JDis25 said:

Exiting stuff. Division has potential to be awesome but could turn out to be just like Destiny. I hear you can betray people so it sounds like there are some player freedoms.

First I am hearing of Icarus. I have seen no hype at all for this game and Nexon... idk, I'm skeptical.

Agreed no game nexon has even hosted has ended well they scam alot of user's credit card's.

Demon King

• Righteous_RockRighteous_Rock Member RarePosts: 1,234
    Division - Horde mode catches my eye
  • JJ82JJ82 Member UncommonPosts: 1,258
    yeah but 798,246 of B&S players are bots and spammers. Half of the rest are just complaining about the games monetary system, limited pack space and what appears to be a heavy push to force people to have to buy from the shop for basic things like just being able to use a weapon since everything is locked and requires an item to be able to use it.

"People who tell you you’re awesome are useless. No, dangerous.

They are worse than useless because you want to believe them. They will defend you against critiques that are valid. They will seduce you into believing you are done learning, or into thinking that your work is better than it actually is." ~Raph Koster
    http://www.raphkoster.com/2013/10/14/on-getting-criticism/

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Nothing wrong taking your time to do a review Bill. Its the quick ones we worry about.
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited January 2016
    The game will likely fail, First the game has spyware "Game Guard" which is installed without telling anyone who pre-ordered the game, and second the "Gold Spammers" there is no reason any game should have this, "Arche Age" for example has eliminated all the gold spammers haven't seen a single one in months now.

Also the other problem with the game is the classes, "MMORPG" games that are developed "Today" need to move away from the class system and allow "One Character" to switch between classes like "Dark Fall" "Albion" "Skyforge".

On top of all of this NCsoft has a reputation for refusing to restore hacked accounts so if your account is compromised the GM's won't do anything. The only game I even bother or have installed on my system is Guild Wars 2, which doesn't have any of this stuff, and from what I understand is breaking away from NCsoft all together?
  • Righteous_RockRighteous_Rock Member RarePosts: 1,234
    I call BS. 
  • DivionDivion Member UncommonPosts: 411
    BnS is a trashy game. The mil players are people who are simply disenfranchised from a dry MMORPG Market right now, whom are awaiting B Desert. Biggest Let down of 2016 as i've been waiting since 2010 for it's N/A launch, esp Since SK got it back in 2012. I hate myself for even waiting.

• knightfall98knightfall98 Member UncommonPosts: 64
    how many of that million are just bots and gold farmers wouldn't be surprised if it was more than 40%
  • PopplePopple Member UncommonPosts: 239
    Two companies on my top list i stay away from..

Arc Games Perfect World
    Nexon

They ruin the games.

I retired retroactively..Haha

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    I wonder what the number would be if they charged $1? 

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• Spidermonkey1082Spidermonkey1082 Member UncommonPosts: 3
    At the moment, Im enjoying BnS. I really enjoy the combat, dungeons and even world PvP. However, it's quite a theme parky game. I don't have any reason to back track in the game and go to areas I've visited. I did pay a month of premium services to skip the ques and have no problem logging in, which is great, but after que times go down, I don't think I'd stay premium. Im not 45 yet so Im not sure what the game will offer then, but in the mean time I'll enjoy it until Black Desert arrives.
  • jmcdermottukjmcdermottuk Member RarePosts: 1,571
    Finding B&S quite fun, as long as you take it for what it is and don't expect the "traditional" western MMO. The Division looks interesting but I hate how it's creeping into that quasi-MMO misrepresentaion. It's a multi-player game. Period. It's not an MMO. I wish journo's and devs would just fuck off with this BS, labelling everything online an MMO.
  • Harbinger1975Harbinger1975 Member UncommonPosts: 244
    I was about to say. The second I hear Nexon, I was like: Nupe. Nexon = VERY P2W. Avoiding Icarus.

• MadAddictMadAddict Member UncommonPosts: 76
    I cannot even get the NC Launcher to work right and I am a well seasoned tech and player, its been a problem along time so I cant even have an opinion on B&S
  • QuesaQuesa Member UncommonPosts: 1,432
    Quoting numbers for a F2P game that hasn't even been released for a full month seems pointless to me. Lets see how many 'active' players they have after 6-8 months and we see the release of BDO and The Division.
    Star Citizen Referral Code: STAR-DPBM-Z2P4
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    I've been playing BnS very casually. I've clocked maybe 10 hours in the game so far or something, but it's been fun. ^^

I'm rather enjoying the story, the scenery and the combat. I doubt it'll be something I'll play for long, but it's still enjoyable for the time being.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/