Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What soxxs thinks about Horizons (as a beta player)

soxxssoxxs Member UncommonPosts: 44

I was in the euro beta, and I have to say its the best game I have played.

I joind the beta rater late so there were not many bugs left and no lag. But this is what I think of it.

The crafting is easy and fun and you dont need to be a adventure to be a good crafter (whatever anyone on this bord says.) I was a spellcrafter in the beta, what I needed to do to get spells was first go mine some sandstone, make sandstone briks of the sandstone. Then make spell sharts of the sandstone briks after that I use the sharts to make spells (this is just one way to make spells, and the spells are not so good.) To make better spells you need more and diffrent resorses. When I had my spells I use to go put for sale at the consig..something (its a NPC that sells your stuff to other players for 10% of the price you put.) I made a lot of money on that, the trick is that you must try to make stuff ppl need, in my case it was the spell energy strike a level 5 energy spell good for all mages who are level 5+.

The combat is like in most mmorpgs you select a enemy chose your spell/atack and press tab, use the 1-9 keys to make diffrent attacks/spells or abilitys. I think that is the best combat system (I cant come up with a better anyway.) I was a mage in the beta so I used the spells I made as a spell crafter so I dident have to buy any spells (this is a good combo.) Leveling is not borring since you have to move on to bigger monsters pretty offen.

The Enviroment is beautiful and very creative, you just have to see it.

Member of The Watch, a euro Horizons guild.
www.euromage.com

Comments

• doobsterdoobster Member Posts: 736

Im glad you had fun, its obvious your really excited about the game, i love that.

Ill be playing horizons when i get it for Christmas, hope to see you on thier.

Thanks for all the helpful feedback, it sounds pretty cool, and i was having some doubts becuase of all the badmouthing.

Sincereley

• StukovStukov Member Posts: 180

Good to hear. For combat, people are saying "You can just get up and leave"...yea, you can do that in any MMORPG almost. SWG, attack, leave. Sure, you can use special attacks and such, but you can do that in horizons as well (as far as I understand)

And also good to hear your point of view on crafting...makes me want it even more :)

• soxxssoxxs Member UncommonPosts: 44

Originally posted by Stukov

Good to hear. For combat, people are saying "You can just get up and leave"...yea, you can do that in any MMORPG almost.

Don't realy know what you mean by "get up and leave", if you mean that the monster won't folow you in horizons, it will. Until you're dead or you run fare away (or kills it  image)

www.euromage.com

• AlethorAlethor Member Posts: 58

I'm glad to hear a good review for Horizons. Thanks for the review, I may just get it on the 9th or 10th.

When you "get up and leave", (this is an example) you go to the fridge for a sandwich while your character kills the enemyimage.

Alethor

Alethor

• soxxssoxxs Member UncommonPosts: 44
    Oh, hehe. Stupid of me image

www.euromage.com

• DemonicasDemonicas Member Posts: 102
    yeah the infamous "sandwich fight" Click the monster, click attack... Get up go make a sandwhich ... come back .... monster dead ..... good ol' point and click image 

I saw an angel of death come from the clouds one day, it touched my heart and smiled, then flew away, i felt my heart turn black and cold, and embraced this new power that i now hold

I saw an angel of death come from the clouds one day, it touched my heart and smiled, then flew away, i felt my heart turn black and cold, and embraced this new power that i now hold

• cedoricedori Member Posts: 500

I to played in beta pretty long time. I enjoyed it but sometimes got bored with the fighting. Same old same old just different mob lol.  But, I to will play HZ upon release in USA, back as a ranger maybe pally, but since pally was nerfed in last part of beta, not really sure on that one now.

Still all in all, HZ is something to bid time till eq2 or WOW comes out.  HZ will do ok for the most part, just depends on what a player is really looking for in a game.

• FarulosonothFarulosonoth Member UncommonPosts: 107
    I would love for someone to show me where the "get up and leave" technique was in EQ while fighting a mob that will give you experience over level 5. And not counting any weird necro stuff.

Farulosonoth
    The Dark Wizard

Achiever 86%
    Killer 60%
    Explorer 46%
    Socializer 6%

• ianubisiianubisi Member Posts: 4,201

EQ had a bit of the worst of both worlds.  In any average EQ fight you wish, desperately, you could go make a sandwich but knew if you did you'd be dead.  It wasn't a question of hitting the right combination of buttons to stay alive, as much as it was yelling at the half-asleep healer to heal on time :)

Then again, with the suicidal monks I played with there was never not a mob in camp.  Had to be on your toes at all times...I suppose that passes for skill.

• David_WolfpaDavid_Wolfpa Member Posts: 273

I also beta tested Euro, and im sorry to say that after a week of playing it, I deleted it from my PC. Craftings fun at first, but gets EXTREMELY repetitive, click resource... gather it, stare at the screen for 10 seconds while your character mines, cuts, etc.. move on to the next rock/tree.. then when you have enough go to the crafting station, smelt the ore, or cut the logs.. make an item, get a small skill up +, repeat, repeat, repeat, gain a lvl, have less chance of failure, repeat, repeat, etc...

Don't get me wrong though, the crafting in this games the best i've ever seen in any MMORPG and i've played ALOT of MMORPGS, it just gets a bit boring a bit too fast...

As for combat, it really is 'get up and walk away' as you say. It is just click attack, move in, watch. Next monster!, the game reminds me of that runescape game, but just alot better graphics.

And another thing that really pissed me off, is the fact that the community completely sucks. No one will help you, and 85% of the guilds in the game don't speak english, maybe its changed since I played, but this is how it were when I used to play.

I for one, won't be getting this game when its out of beta... beta was enough for me, URGH!.image

• ianubisiianubisi Member Posts: 4,201
    I'm not sure what you can expect from "community" from a game in BETA.