Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The most beautiful game ever !

KeridwenKeridwen Member UncommonPosts: 58
As a veteran MMO player and after spending the last few days in CBT 1 I can say unequivocally that Black Desert is the most beautiful game ever. The aesthetics and graphics are sensational, giving the highest level of immersion I have yet to experience. For instance, clothes and horses are soaked in rain, giving a special effect. I know games need to be more than pretty to look at it but Black Desert combines beauty with technical sophistication and great support from devs and GM's.

Femmes Fatales - The Power of the Feminine in the Art of MMOs.

Played:
WOW - GW - WAR - AOC - CoH/CoV - EQ2 - SWG - FFXI - DAOC - EVE - VG - L2 - RFO - DFO - DDO - LOTR

Comments

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    Nice looking yes, other then that it s lousy IMO.
  • TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247
    No collision detection......wha-what?

Now we have to deal with the leet Bunny-Hop PvP maneuver......ugh.

I'll pass.

• AkisDarkfoldAkisDarkfold Member UncommonPosts: 16
    its not very bad the size also feels nice the world has small stories and the concept somehow reminds a nice mix of gw2 elements and tera (thats how I could describe it)
  • SulaaSulaa Member UncommonPosts: 1,329
    There are plenty of better looking games in non-MMO sphere.  So no, not best looking game ever.

Anyway - while BDO have some really good graphics it has at same time some preety bad graphics as well especially visible by contrast.

That ones include - some awful combat animations that have way way too small number of frames, and thus are choppy and covered by flashy explosions.

Similarly - game has preety nice consistant style and graphics of scenery and exteriors and then it punches you right in the face with totally not-consitant out of place things, especially on characters but also on NPC side of things.

Low res textures or flat spaces and textures,  short view distance, etc

It is not all roses, there is plenty of low quality things, which are especially visible because of a contrast with more high quality parts of the game.
  • AlleinAllein Member RarePosts: 2,139
    DMKano said:
    Also no collision detection for NPCs is an immersion killer for me, again the characters look fantastic but they are air :/
    Not sure how it is on other versions, but KR monsters have full collision as I frequently am riding along on my horse and stop dead due to not noticing a small lizard in the grass.

NPC merchants and what not have semi-collision where if I'm running along and run into them, I pass by but both characters flinch and semi slow down.
  • KappadonnaKappadonna Member UncommonPosts: 119
    It's not just the graphics that are nice, but the User Interface. Playing the game just from the aspect of trying it is refreshing because it feels like no other MMORPG on the market, and more like a single player open world game (ala Witcher 3). 

I've enjoyed the game simply for those reasons. I'm on the Korean servers, so language is a barrier even with the english patch, but I'm having more fun on this than in MMORPGs of the past, including the anticipated Bless (which feels old, archaic, and like FFXIV to a T handling wise). 

Plus BDO is well optimized. They have a very good engine.
  • AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    Keridwen said:
    As a veteran MMO player and after spending the last few days in CBT 1 I can say unequivocally that Black Desert is the most beautiful game ever. The aesthetics and graphics are sensational, giving the highest level of immersion I have yet to experience. For instance, clothes and horses are soaked in rain, giving a special effect. I know games need to be more than pretty to look at it but Black Desert combines beauty with technical sophistication and great support from devs and GM's.

As an also LONG time veteran of Computer games, I learned from my own experience that the BEST games, specifically MMOS, were those with LESS visual satisfaction.
    Gameplay/Content/Execution trumps anything else to me, when it comes to immersion.

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• IKShadowIKShadow Member UncommonPosts: 783
    edited January 2016
    Allein said:
    DMKano said:
    Also no collision detection for NPCs is an immersion killer for me, again the characters look fantastic but they are air :/
    Not sure how it is on other versions, but KR monsters have full collision as I frequently am riding along on my horse and stop dead due to not noticing a small lizard in the grass.

NPC merchants and what not have semi-collision where if I'm running along and run into them, I pass by but both characters flinch and semi slow down.
    Its SMART collision system eg when you are in fight there is full collision if you are in city you can pass trough friendlies so no "retarderdnes" like in other games where players are fully blocking passages and NPC's with mounts etc..

p.s. If you are looking for competitive EU guild eg no carebears be PvP focused check http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/118-futilez-do-you-have-what-it-takes

Futilez[Do You Have What It Takes ?]

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    IKShadow said:
    Allein said:
    DMKano said:

Its SMART collision system eg when you are in fight there is full collision if you are in city you can pass trough friendlies so no "retarderdnes" like in other games where players are fully blocking passages and NPC's with mounts etc..

p.s. If you are looking for competitive EU guild eg no carebears be PvP focused check http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/118-futilez-do-you-have-what-it-takes
    i like that smart anti trolling collision. I hope the NA version is like that.

• IKShadowIKShadow Member UncommonPosts: 783
    IKShadow said:
    Allein said:
    DMKano said:

i like that smart anti trolling collision. I hope the NA version is like that.
    Its core game mechanics, works the same on KR, JP & RU servers.

Futilez[Do You Have What It Takes ?]

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Its the best looking game out. 

/agree
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    This game is going to kick so many fans in the teeth.

• borghive49borghive49 Member RarePosts: 493

Explain. 
  • PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977

Explain. 
    Read his sig...

"NOTE: The above post is an attempt a humor. Please do not take seriously."
  • borghive49borghive49 Member RarePosts: 493
    Pepeq said:

Explain. 
    Read his sig...

"NOTE: The above post is an attempt a humor. Please do not take seriously."
    hah missed that

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    For me, Bless Online is the most beautiful.  Can't wait for it to come out!

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    edited February 2016

Explain. 
    Players are hearing and seeing only what they want. Too many people are setting expectations just a little too high. That's all. There are threads all over the web complaining about how it is in it's other markets (I googled it) and how the publisher isn't really listening to the players but just forges on with what ever makes the most $$$. Someone in another thread stated that the EU/NA version will have a +15 cap on enchanting. I did actually google that and didn't find any evidence of that anywhere.  What I am seeing is a publisher being obviously vague about the cash shop and where they say absolutely nothing on an issue, people have interpreted that to mean it won't be in the game. But I did read the Q&A where the publisher addressed specific P2W questions by skating around them. Where the publisher specfically stated there won't be any reselling of cash shop items during the launch phase, someone posted here, That it won't be there at launch. There is a big difference between something no being implemented at launch vs not being implemented during the launch phase. It seems there will be P2W at least at some level. Will it be bad? Probably not at 1st, but I don't think it will take very long.

Once the profits from Box sales begin to drop, I'm betting that's when the kick in the teeth is coming.

But hey, that's only a guess. It's not like there was ever any kind of precedence for online games like this before.
  • PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977
    Once the profits from Box sales begin to drop, I'm betting that's when the kick in the teeth is coming.

But hey, that's only a guess. It's not like there was ever any kind of precedence for online games like this before.
    It's pretty much an absolute certainty the game will switch to free to play once the initial sales are over with.  They make all their money off the cash shop in Korea now... mostly cosmetic items but huge sellers in the east.  I guess they really like playing dress up over there.
  • spidiispidii Member UncommonPosts: 143
    Graphics and art directions are great aside from the cluttered UI that blocks it. But unfortunately, at least for me, that's all it is, pretty but hollow.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097
    Wet clothes huh. Spiffy! If you have a horse, do you leave it somewhere, or does it inflate out of your butt like most other games?
  • stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519
    Wet clothes huh. Spiffy! If you have a horse, do you leave it somewhere, or does it inflate out of your butt like most other games?
    You have to park it, or as you say "leave it somewhere".

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097
    You have to park it, or as you say "leave it somewhere".
    Then I do applaud that! 
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772

Explain. 
    Players are hearing and seeing only what they want. Too many people are setting expectations just a little too high. That's all. There are threads all over the web complaining about how it is in it's other markets (I googled it) and how the publisher isn't really listening to the players but just forges on with what ever makes the most $$$. Someone in another thread stated that the EU/NA version will have a +15 cap on enchanting. I did actually google that and didn't find any evidence of that anywhere.  What I am seeing is a publisher being obviously vague about the cash shop and where they say absolutely nothing on an issue, people have interpreted that to mean it won't be in the game. But I did read the Q&A where the publisher addressed specific P2W questions by skating around them. Where the publisher specfically stated there won't be any reselling of cash shop items during the launch phase, someone posted here, That it won't be there at launch. There is a big difference between something no being implemented at launch vs not being implemented during the launch phase. It seems there will be P2W at least at some level. Will it be bad? Probably not at 1st, but I don't think it will take very long.

"Players are hearing and seeing only what they want"

It goes both ways.

For example, you cite the dev's statement that you can't cash shop items in the marketplace during the launch phase, although that may change in the future as a red flag.

Personally I prefer they be honest and upfront that changes may happen.

If they really wanted to dupe everyone and this whole B2P thing is a big charade for the real f2p purpose for the game, they wouldn't say anything about things possibly changing in the future.
  • A1learjetA1learjet Member UncommonPosts: 258
    Keridwen said:

Need to ask though, is the game play there to keep you engrossed ,immersed,totaly excited to keep playing an leveling ?  

To me it kinda looks like GW2 and when I hit max I was like?? that's it now the new grind.... And Gw2 didn't look all that bad tbh

Now some of those games in your sig there them had so so  graphics