Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Player Trading Returns For VIP Members

ShelassaShelassa MMORPG.COM Staff UncommonPosts: 616
edited January 2016 in News & Features Discussion

imagePlayer Trading Returns For VIP Members

Player trading has returned to the Korean version of Tree of Saviour after last month's controversial removal. However, not all players can take part in trading with only VIP players given the ability to do so. Players will need to be under the "Token Benefits" buff to be able to trade.

Read the full story here

Comments

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    Better than nothing I guess.

Shows to say; When enough people complain, some companies do hear!

• BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959
    I've really been looking forward to this and can't wait to play but this system is just junk. If they need to impose a way to balance this they should look at LIneage II and use the level restriction system that it uses.
  • PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977
    Bloodaxes said:

Or it was just a tactic used to determine just what the players were willing to pay for.  Now they know players are willing to pay for this feature.   
    Pepeq said:
    Bloodaxes said:

Or it was just a tactic used to determine just what the players were willing to pay for.  Now they know players are willing to pay for this feature.   
    Well, considering the huge wave of threads regarding bots in Blade & Soul, some companies will try to limit trading between players to negate completely these gold farmers from trading gold.

It's unfair I agree but blame those people that want everything handed to them by paying third companies for ingame money/power.

• DarkVagabondDarkVagabond Member UncommonPosts: 340
    class inequality in mmo form.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Is player trading some new feature in mmos? or are they talking about trading between players, the common basic feature from every mmo? I hope they are not talking about the latter being behind a VIP paywall. That would be lame.

• BalianWolfieBalianWolfie Member UncommonPosts: 240
    So long, ToS; I hardly even knew you.

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    After playing Skyforge and Black Desert Online, I'm all for no player trading and developer locked auction houses. I know people hate it with a passion, but for me. I've seen first hand how effective it is in cutting RMT spam down to almost nil. The whole time I played Skyforge, I saw one person RMT spamming. Never got a random RMT whisper. Never had to spend the first 10 to 20 mins of my time after logging in, blocking spammers. Never spent time trying to sort RMT spam from people that actually needed help in World/Global chat.

Honestly imho it is currently the best of a bad situation choice. Until games find a better way combat RMT spam, I'm behind this 100%.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• ClaiesClaies Member UncommonPosts: 76
    edited January 2016
    Is player trading some new feature in mmos? or are they talking about trading between players, the common basic feature from every mmo? I hope they are not talking about the latter being behind a VIP paywall. That would be lame.

That is indeed what they are referring to.  And not only do you have to both be currently under the VIP buff to trade items with each other, you are limited to 30 trades TOTAL per buff duration (30 days).  Essentially, you get one trade per day, but if you use them all up, you have to wait until your subscription charges again to have your next 30 trades.
  • RPGMASTERGAMERRPGMASTERGAMER Member UncommonPosts: 516
    im not okay with lame shit like that

will pass on the game and hope MANY PEOPLES actualy do it too, so these dev get the message that it not okay to do something stupid like that
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited January 2016
    Claies said:

That is indeed what they are referring to.  And not only do you have to both be currently under the VIP buff to trade items with each other, you are limited to 30 trades TOTAL per buff duration (30 days).  Essentially, you get one trade per day, but if you use them all up, you have to wait until your subscription charges again to have your next 30 trades.
    That is not good. Im ok with them adding incentives for people to subscribe. I am not ok with them restricting existing content (specially basic stuff) to force people to either subscribe or leave the game. In that case i choose leave, instantly. Same reason i dont touch swtor, another mmo i really like.

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094
    edited January 2016
    This game just keeps on getting worse every time I hear something about it. Had a mild amount of fun during early alpha, but it's ultimately just a game about grinding. Such a thing needs a great community to go along with it to make it worthwhile, and being unable to trade or restricting such is the antithesis of such. It limits the ability to help new players, friends, guildmates, etc. to only just partying and hoping they get a lucky drop after you spend 50 hours helping them grind a specific leveling area and doing nothing else.
    Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
    I know most people think when developers limit features like trading it's just for the monies but do you ever consider how much money they lose to gold sellers? Spoiler alert! It's a lot.

It's very bad I'm not denying that, but Skyforge for example barely had any gold sellers because the only way they could give you the gold is by you buying their account. No one should be that stupid to fall for that tough. At least I hope so.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Unfortunately RMT'ers abuse the player to player trading systems routinely, preventing player to player trading in a game might be the only real way of fighting RMT, as long as players can still use AH's in game, then i don't really see a problem with this, if anything, i could easily envisage this becoming a default method of combating RMT.
  • ArtaiosArtaios Member UncommonPosts: 550
    dont worry.
    no one will miss a thing if this game fails.
    in my eyes its just a "nice to look at" but retarded version of ragnarok online.
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    What is it about Asian developers that they can't control the RMT in their games?  I guess they don't want to be bothered with writing some extra code.  So their solution is just to limit trading or not provide the feature at all.  Sounds like to me a bunch of very lazy coders whose only interest is how much money they can soak their player base through the cash shop.

I know at least a couple companies that sell AI that can virtually eliminate most RMT spam and their prices are very reasonable.  I guess most of these Asian develpers are too cheap to bother.
  • iixviiiixiixviiiix Member RarePosts: 2,256
    edited January 2016
    dont worry.
    in my eyes its just a "nice to look at" but retarded version of ragnarok online.
    This game get all hot because they tell the lies about "successor of Ragnarok" , then when the game get enough attention , they say there are no relate .

When it still R1 , i hope them learn from Ragnarok and make better version of it . But all of them go to trash can .

With how the game current do , it will last for a years or two before get close in Korea .

iixviiiix said:

dont worry.

This game get all hot because they tell the lies about "successor of Ragnarok" , then when the game get enough attention , they say there are no relate .

When it still R1 , i hope them learn from Ragnarok and make better version of it . But all of them go to trash can .

With how the game current do , it will last for a years or two before get close in Korea .

They said spiritual successor to it. Meaning it was built on some of the same idea's as far as art, gameplay, etc. Which it is. Akin to how Dragon Age was considered a spiritual successor to Baulders Gate.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    Another game I won't be playing. Developers and companies are just growing blatantly greedy these past couple years, it seems so obvious to me but so many players go along with it and continue to contribute to supporting them in their greed. Not me.

Smile

• reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Roin said:
    After playing Skyforge and Black Desert Online, I'm all for no player trading and developer locked auction houses. I know people hate it with a passion, but for me. I've seen first hand how effective it is in cutting RMT spam down to almost nil. The whole time I played Skyforge, I saw one person RMT spamming. Never got a random RMT whisper. Never had to spend the first 10 to 20 mins of my time after logging in, blocking spammers. Never spent time trying to sort RMT spam from people that actually needed help in World/Global chat.

Honestly imho it is currently the best of a bad situation choice. Until games find a better way combat RMT spam, I'm behind this 100%.
    Removing all player trading because some players are too lazy to take 10 seconds to right click ignore a few spammers, I mean, we've had examples of games catering to lazy players but this takes it to a whole new level.
  • japormsxjapormsx Member UncommonPosts: 51
    oh my god, what a comment !! where have you been? easy to ignore a " few" spammer?

spammers can make a new account every minute and spam with thousands of account a day, they dominate region/faction/whisper chat. you can have 500 on ignore list and it wont be enough.
    reeereee said:
    Roin said:

Removing all player trading because some players are too lazy to take 10 seconds to right click ignore a few spammers, I mean, we've had examples of games catering to lazy players but this takes it to a whole new level.
    @japormsx nailed it.  I honestly doubt you even play MMO's if you think it is as simple as spending 10 secs to block spammers. If it was that simple it would not be a problem. As you didn't post a solution to the problem that actually works. I'm going to go ahead and continue to support no player trading and fixed auction houses. Because you know what? They work.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• TsumoroTsumoro Member UncommonPosts: 435
    This won't be a feature that affects many people. Personally, as MMO's go if they have an auction house then I don't do any personal player trading at all. Trade channels tend to be adds for items in auction house anyhow.