Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Im having more fun than I ever had in an mmo

delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
edited January 2016 in World of Warcraft

It was Friday and I put my car in the shop all day yesterday.  So I had the entire day to my self, just me and World of Warcraft.

I started yesterday morning at level 10 and now I'm almost level 16.  But lets back up a little to the very beginning.  I decided to play my favorite, a Rogue.  Like all classes life at lower levels is hard.  Stealth is worthless, your always out of energy for your abilities and you have the feeling of being gimped.  But you have to remember Priest and Mages are lacking mana and Hunters don't have a pet yet, so this lowers the pain.  But still you don't have any money or bag space that leaves you needy.  This feeling of needy keeps you playing.

I spent my earlier levels on the island of Teldrassil.  The server is packed solid, in fact more so than any other version.  I'm not sure how their doing it but they are, and I love it.  Anyway, I love this forest island most likely because of the feeling of serenity and soft music, yet danger.  For me its the hardest and most dangerous starting area in the game.  I made my first friend here on this island, a level 7 Priest.  We have a common bond already because we played together twice in Ban'elthil Hollow, a tuff little non-instance cave just north of Dolanaar.  I think will remain friends for a long time since we've been clicking with our play times. 

Since then I decided to stay on the island until level 12 for two reasons.  First, I know how harsh Darkshore can be if rushed to it, and second because I needed my skinning and herbalism to 50.  Yes, I took two harvestings to sell the materials to achieve 90 gold by level 40.  This in it self will be a major goal.  It's how I play the game and it seems to work for me.  First Aid was a hard decision because I could make a lot of gold with the linen and wool, but playing a non healing dps classes in a tuff environment, I feel I have no choice and I'm too impatient to sit there and eat.

At level 12, now on the main land of Darkshore two quest seem to stand out.  First is Ameth Aran, I love this ghostly area.  But the second seems to be something surprisingly different from all the other versions of WoW I've played, and that's a quest to kill Ferblogs in an encampment just south of town.  Upon arrival I found the area packed with players and all the Ferblogs dead, I couldn't get a single shot in.  My thoughts at first was " this sucks ".  But soon this negative turned to a positive when I got a quick invite to a group of five, and working together made for a fast kill rate that turned enjoyable......This is how World of Warcraft was always meant to be played, it's how every quest is to be done from here on out !!!!.....I could easily make more friends in encounters like this.  And I count on making a lot of friends because soon I'll be running dungeons and I find nothing more enjoyable than working with friends :)

Around level 14, I finally made the " run ".  You probably remember the journey from Math Harbor to Ironforge, well I call it the " run ".  In both Ironforge and taking the Tram to Stormwind, I did a little business in both cities then off to Westfall.  Here in Westfall it was extremely crowded, but this was a positive with my new style of quest grouping.  It turned out to be truly nice, as I grouped my way to almost level 16.  And this is where I sit.

This morning and afternoon I have a lot of things to do.  But this evening my goal in World of Warcraft is to slow down and make friends and join a Guild.  People are extremely friendly, you just have to slow down and take some time to get to know them.  They are definitely willing so it's up to me.  As far as a Guild, this too will take some time.  I'll spend some time in Stormwind and Ironforge reading chat and observing guild name plates before I take the plunge............This is World of Warcraft, the adventure is just beginning  !!!

Comments

• Dr_ShivinskiDr_Shivinski Member UncommonPosts: 311
    So you're playing on a private server then? Because retail WoW is nothing like that anymore.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Pretty sure discussing illegal servers is not allowed here, the OP is imo, more than a little misguided, the game is very different these days, and there are a lot of positive changes that you don't have with those illegal servers he is talking about, and as they also lack the security of the legit version of the game, just connecting to them is a risk that sensible people don't take, foolishness, is putting it mildly.
  • OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517
    edited January 2016
    The game is very fun, nobody can take that away from it. But how long can you maintain a game and please every single player and ex-player with every update and change.

If anybody asked me for a serious MMO to play and spend time in, I would still suggest WoW first before anything else.
    When all is said and done, more is always said than done.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited January 2016
    I first thought I was reading a necro thread from 2005 or so, then figured out what was going on.

Those were good times for sure, but still leads to an endgame style I don't care for.

If only they had created FFA ruleset servers.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977
    Wait until he heads to Stranglethorn Vale... so far he's playing in the protected zones... full on PVP... err ganking... awaits him in the level 30 zones and above.  Some of those peeps in your faction's clothing are merely there to make you think you're not alone, when in fact, they're calling in their friends to come and gank you.  Just wait... it will happen.
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Pepeq said:
    Wait until he heads to Stranglethorn Vale... so far he's playing in the protected zones... full on PVP... err ganking... awaits him in the level 30 zones and above.  Some of those peeps in your faction's clothing are merely there to make you think you're not alone, when in fact, they're calling in their friends to come and gank you.  Just wait... it will happen.

Well if the Horde wants War.......I'll give them War !!!!!!!......I just ran outside and grabbed a big stick, and I'm waving it around my living room !
  • shawnpatshawnpat Member UncommonPosts: 74
    For the HORDE !!!
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited January 2016
    Hunter doesn't have a pet yet?I could have swore my Hunter had a pet at level 1 i am certain of it.
    My pet was a white/black tiger pet .
    I disagree on the FUN value,because all you are doing is running around doing linear quests,a thousand games in the market are doing the exact same thing.Then when i see the same proximity aggro on every mob,i think AMATEUR game designer.

Really all Wow is a copy of Asian rpg's so unless we are calling 99% of the genre fun doing the identical exact same thing,then we have a problem.
    Just imagine if every car manufacturer just made the same car,changed the color and name of it,life would be pretty darn boring.Everyone wore the same pants,the same shoes all just different color different name,yep sounds like fun to me.

As to the movie,i think it looks great,i will be watching it,definitely not a Blizzard product only a Blizzard copyright title.If Blizzard  was making the movie ,it would be lol bad.luckily Legend Entertainment is a pretty good business.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• SyndromofaDownSyndromofaDown Member UncommonPosts: 325

Syndrome, what is your purpose for being on this forum, if this is your attitude towards games?

And "weird uncle who is also a Gay person"?  What was the point of that comment?  Oh he's just weird and also gay, we better just let him play some videogames.

Your comments seem a little absurd for a gaming forum, IMO.
    My original comment was distaste for the art style. I said hopefully the minecraft generation embraces innovated games and their love for building stuff. Not being held hand and showing a movie like WoW does. I play a game that requires me to think for myself and devote dedication to solve its problems. You will find more 30+ year olds in that game than anywhere else in the internet. Its near 17 years old and it should be the ONLY game 30 year olds play. I just went ham on a warcraft forum. Just to show people what society used to do before all this "progress". If i reached one person in my tirade its all worth it. The game im talking about is Everquest btw.
  • whisperwyndwhisperwynd Member UncommonPosts: 1,668
    Went from broken to full blown "Error 404"
    Why are you even here if you have such a seemingly low regard on gaming? To troll or cause flame wars? Trying to inject some of that political satire you visit so much? 
    Please share.
    I don't have hate for any video games. What im trying to say is play a mature one. There is no point for anyone who is past their teens to be playing a game like WoW. Back then 30 year olds defined degeneracy as playing Dungeons and Dragons, now its WoW. But back then DnD had sexual themes and you could understand they were sexually frustrated men. But WoW? Its raising a whole generation of degeneracy and i don't like it. WoW could survive. But expect discouragement. Enjoy your safe space.
    I no longer play WoW. Not for the same reasons you ascribe to it but my own. I did, yet your blanket statement is as ignorant as your pointing out the DnD thing. You have biased opinions on things you know little to nothing about save for the vitriol spewed by someone else. Parroting nonsense to, fit in?
    In either case, it's irrelevant. I just wanted to know more about your stance, and now I do. Enjoy your self-righteous angst. :)
    Went from broken to full blown "Error 404"
    Why are you even here if you have such a seemingly low regard on gaming? To troll or cause flame wars? Trying to inject some of that political satire you visit so much? 
    Please share.
    I don't have hate for any video games. What im trying to say is play a mature one. There is no point for anyone who is past their teens to be playing a game like WoW. Back then 30 year olds defined degeneracy as playing Dungeons and Dragons, now its WoW. But back then DnD had sexual themes and you could understand they were sexually frustrated men. But WoW? Its raising a whole generation of degeneracy and i don't like it. WoW could survive. But expect discouragement. Enjoy your safe space.
    I no longer play WoW. Not for the same reasons you ascribe to it but my own. I did, yet your blanket statement is as ignorant as your pointing out the DnD thing. You have biased opinions on things you know little to nothing about save for the vitriol spewed by someone else. Parroting nonsense to, fit in?
    In either case, it's irrelevant. I just wanted to know more about your stance, and now I do. Enjoy your self-righteous angst. :)
    You can't stop this angst. It's been tested through society not just a little corner on the internet. If you were born in the 70' or 80's you would know what society put the games culture through. We would never let a game like WoW be the success that it is. You think times will change with the WoW movie? It will just bring it out again to the mainstream where you will get batted down again. And you deserve it. You play a world as phony and culturally disgusting as WoW. With simplistic drives and a literal toon world. You think im wrong. Wait until the election and the inevitable crowning of Trump. You'll have to change and adapt then. Like its always been...
    You can't stop this angst. It's been tested through society not just a little corner on the internet. If you were born in the 70' or 80's you would know what society put the games culture through. We would never let a game like WoW be the success that it is. You think times will change with the WoW movie? It will just bring it out again to the mainstream where you will get batted down again. And you deserve it. You play a world as phony and culturally disgusting as WoW. With simplistic drives and a literal toon world. You think im wrong. Wait until the election and the inevitable crowning of Trump. You'll have to change and adapt then. Like its always been...
    If you took the time to look at my profile, it shows I was born in 1970, on the nose. Could be a lie, but why bother I say. 
    Yes, I do think you're wrong. I still respect that you believe otherwise. That's the beauty of not being stressed or angry at anything. Life is a highway. I want to ride it all night long.  ;)

You guys still don't get it. The average person doesn't play video games. And yet you guys enjoy yourselves in the confines of Azeroth. Look, im a gamer too. I can understand the need to have a hobby like this but your telling me noone says anything about your interests when confronted? What has the world come to??
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

What has the world come to??
    Nothing, it is still what it always was except for the perception you have of it. 
    If people like WOW what is the issue? I play EQ2 and Vanguard and AC before that. Not sure why a chosen game makes you less of a person or gamer than anyone else. Everyone has taste of their own. I was born in the 70's and love my gaming hobby. My wife and ( I hold degrees I have 2 Bachelor's and work for IBM)  and raise our three kids with great manners and values.  Mister Down you have issues my friend. Not sure why you are even on this forum if this subject upsets you so much. So what if some people like WOW?
    So you are aware of EQ2 flames right? That's all you need to know about me well then...

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    edited January 2016
    So you never experienced a civil defense drill in school. Probably don't even know what one is. Probably don't know that those storm warning sirens planted all over are re-purposed nuclear attack warning sirens.

Let me know when the apocalypse starts.  I'll start worrying then.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768
    You guys still don't get it. The average person doesn't play video games. And yet you guys enjoy yourselves in the confines of Azeroth. Look, im a gamer too. I can understand the need to have a hobby like this but your telling me noone says anything about your interests when confronted? What has the world come to??

Seems more people play games than you think ;)
    He said average people don't play.

Those are either the above average or below average people that are playing.

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

My parents don't play video games. No one in my family plays video games and we turned out alright. Yeah times have definitely changed since Facebook happened. Instead of chasing cars young men are playing racing games. Hmmm interesting. Sadly i wouldn't doubt that ever since Everquest came out and was the highest grossing game at its time which spurred the internet online game phenomenon. And i doubt that will change like Katy Perry once sung "we'll be young forever". Hopefully we could draw a line between adult and kid once again. We need to be more aware of who we are. Funny going to HS in the 90's thats all we used to talk about...
  • KothosesKothoses Member UncommonPosts: 921
    Gaming industry is bigger than any other entertainment industry (hint that means music, Television, and cinema), in terms of revenue and growth.

"Average people dont play games" this is perhaps an indication of a very under-researched viewpoint, which explains why you are trying to debate with us rather than your "Ivy league potential" family.

You really should open your mind a bit, attitudes such as yours are very restrictive to your growth as a person.

As for the Kids in the 70s wouldnt have let wow be a success, are you kidding me, if the tech had been there then it would have been just as successful.  The difference is, back then gaming was niche, now its mainstream, get over it.

I dont play wow any more, I used to enjoy it, now I dont, but that doesn't mean I am "mature" or "cool" it just means my tastes no longer align with the product they offer.

Anyway, clearly you are just trolling at this point, or have some serious issues you need to work out in a more professional environment than a forum dedicated to MMO's
  • JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    WoW is still fun but it's not World of Warcraft anymore, it's Dungeons of Warcraft.
    Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • UnleadedRevUnleadedRev Member UncommonPosts: 568
    edited January 2016
    Pepeq said:

Well if the Horde wants War.......I'll give them War !!!!!!!......I just ran outside and grabbed a big stick, and I'm waving it around my living room !
    Oh man that was classic, game me a good laugh!
    Question, have you played WoW before or is this your first toon?
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Pepeq said:

Oh man that was classic, game me a good laugh!
    Question, have you played WoW before or is this your first toon?

I played almost every non-F2P mmo there is. Been playing Vanilla WoW on and off since 2004.