Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blade and Soul vs. Dragons Dogma Online or something different?

GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235
I fancy something a bit different and with slightly more action combat. I have played GW2, ESO, Terra, TSW  and most things that are considered actiony.

Anyhoo after playing the PC port of Dragon's Dogma (and really quite enjoying it). I decided to give Dragon's Dogma Online a go (works well with a proxy despite not having a western release). Its fairly fun though the grind seems to be setting in already and I am only level 13. I haven't even unlocked the vocation I want to play (sorcerer). It has a rep as a bit of a grinder and I think my grinding days may have passed. Progress just seems a bit slow for my taste.

Blade & Soul I have watched a few reviews but know less about. I guess its got to be worth a download?

I think both are a bit 'lite' with not that so well developed game play outta the combat systems. I don't see either as 'long term commitments' having said that I don't see MMO's as long term commitments anyway. When the fun stops (the repetitive tasks start) I tend to split.

Any views? Anything else worth concidering? 

Comments

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235
    Just finished downloading now! I hear the story is pretty good and makes you feel 'involved' which is a rarity. Of course dragons dogma online is all Japanese which really does highlight the 'kill 10 rats' 'collect 10 carrots' nature of things.

DDO crafting is good its pretty darn simple but (shock horror) it seems designed around you getting use out of crafted items as you progress rather than just being for twinks or part of the end game treadmill. I like that.