Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What are Games being based off of?

MalathoosMalathoos Member UncommonPosts: 199
When you look at the popular media about games and gaming, it is completely different than what games are.  Examples are Sword Art Online, Moonlight sculpter, Hack//sign, tons of light novels. All of these have lots of skills some hidden others unique. Crafting is something complex and useful, materials are rare and special. I am confused on why new games are so blah, there are tons of ideas out there. These new mmo's have no SOUL, its disappointing. Looking at the recent releases, i cant really say that these game creators even care anymore. 

Comments

• LyrianLyrian Member UncommonPosts: 412
    I am a pretty big fan of litRPGs, but all of the worlds are at best...story constructs, some are just not practical or would even be popular. I'm in the process of trying to write my own litRPG and I find what works best for writing, doesn't necessarily work best if they were applied to a real MMORPG.

The thing that makes the worlds within the litRPGs so attractive, is that they're Reality Simulations. They follow the basic premises that we expect out of MMORPGs, but the overarching AI or Insane Genius that is responsible somehow gives the story world that special bit of life that isn't quite realistic to expect from a traditional MMORPG.
  • miffyvmiffyv Member CommonPosts: 4
    I have been playing blade and soul. I think the soul is what you put effort into making it become what you what it to be. I think all mmos have alot of effort just see how good the team members are wanting to sacrifice and fight on to make it better each time. If we want online gaming to improve we must first think how we want it to be that means supporting the game by spending cash. With more cash from players mmos can have the power to recruit more team members to be stronger to have more ideas and faster detailed maintenance times regulary. Creativity is a power we must first practice to make almost perfect. So why almost? It is because we need newbie players to join the team to exchange ideas and we become helpful respectful friends. Creativity is really emotions put forward from inspiration from real life to make mmos as real as possible for a better experience for all. The game company must be generous to its players and reward them often. So the company will have a returning loyal player base. I am a summoner Lyn with a cat who battles with me in a team making me feel like it is a family and feel like I have real friend who just helps. Mmos are like battles that we go into with tactics however it is the journey of real friendship including human and animals of who we meet along the journey that makes it worthwhile. 
  • KiyorisKiyoris Member RarePosts: 2,130
    edited January 2016
    Malathoos said:
     Examples are Sword Art Online
    No, MMO are exactly like SAO.

-Kirito can solo everything...just like in modern MMO
    -Kirito is has the social skills of a cucumber..just like modern MMO players.
    -The game is filled with emotionally unstable teens...just like modern MMO.
    -The game makes no sense and is full of plot holes..just like modern MMO.
    -The SAO designer didn't even remember what the point was of his MMO...just like modern MMO designers.

~
  • iixviiiixiixviiiix Member RarePosts: 2,256
    Kiyoris said:
    Malathoos said:
     Examples are Sword Art Online
    No, MMO are exactly like SAO.

-Kirito can solo everything...just like in modern MMO
    -Kirito is has the social skills of a cucumber..just like modern MMO players.
    -The game is filled with emotionally unstable teens...just like modern MMO.
    -The game makes no sense and is full of plot holes..just like modern MMO.
    -The SAO designer didn't even remember what the point was of his MMO...just like modern MMO designers.

~
    There are no quest hub .
  • GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989
    Malathoos said:
    When you look at the popular media about games and gaming, it is completely different than what games are.  Examples are Sword Art Online, Moonlight sculpter, Hack//sign, tons of light novels. All of these have lots of skills some hidden others unique. Crafting is something complex and useful, materials are rare and special. I am confused on why new games are so blah, there are tons of ideas out there. These new mmo's have no SOUL, its disappointing. Looking at the recent releases, i cant really say that these game creators even care anymore. 

Examples are:

Sword Art Online - never heard of it

Moonlight sculpter - never heard of it

"Hack//sign" is this a game?

"I am confused on why new games are so blah"

I'm confused as to how you can call these things games Or count them among MMOs

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."