Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.COM News: "Neverdie", Chapter Three

We're on to chapter three of Jon Wood's serialized weekly fantasy novel "Neverdie". Every Sunday, we'll present another chapter of this original piece of fantasy fiction.

You can catch up on the adventure by going back and reading the earlier parts: The Prologue, Chapter One and Chapter Two.

Now, chapter three:

The day had been a long one for Rowan Tallfelter. She had pressed on steadily since leaving Mylund and the Green Mage’s tower behind her. She had been so eager to get on the road that the thought had never once crossed her mind to stop and get herself a horse for the journey. After a very long day of travel, her feet and legs ached from the effort.

The scenery on her travels, on the other hand, was absolutely beautiful. Early spring’s trees were already in mid spring’s bloom. The young elf couldn’t bring herself to admire the beauty as she might have, her mind was too focused on her goal, her imagination too full of the possibilities that her arrival back in the Forests of Oberon could bring.

To read the full text of chapter three, click here.

Dana Massey
Formerly of MMORPG.com
Currently Lead Designer for Bit Trap Studios

Comments

• ZombyZomby Member Posts: 6

I wasn't sure before, but I'm starting to like it. I'm curious what will happen next - probably Ash rescuing her. So far Rowan's story reminds me of events in The Wheel of Time (the "green" mage does too).

Keep on writing! You certainly don't have an easy audience here ;)