Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Playthrough with RipperX #1 - Blade & Soul

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited January 2016 in Videos Discussion

imagePlaythrough with RipperX #1 - Blade & Soul

Blade & Soul is a martial arts fantasy MMORPG currently in development by NCsoft and its Team Bloodlust division. The game will have stylized art and character designs by famed artist Hyung-tae Kim, and will feature lush environments and gameplay that borrows elements from fighting games, platformers, and even tosses in a few puzzles. With some of the most action-oriented combat in the genre and intensely competitive PVP, B&S is bound to have more than a few fans. Official Site: http://www.b

Read the full story here

Comments

• Rockinw311Rockinw311 Member UncommonPosts: 147
    edited January 2016
    i don't pvp in my mmos when i can avoid it, so can't really confirm myself, but i thought someone mentioned in game or on the forums the other day that you do take a durability hit if you die? asking here for others, just because in the video at ~4min in, you mentioned that there really wasn't any penalty if you die?

A question for myself now - for the dungeon run you did later in the video, you opened the chest at the end/it was interactable. Is that normally the case for you? I see them frequently, but can never open them/they don't light up so that you can interact with them (for me at least, and yes, I have at least some keys and Hongmoon keys, and I'm also a premium player right now). I just progressed to Jadestone village last night though, so not sure if it's something that starts happening a bit later past that, or if I'm missing something, etc..
  • redripredrip MMORPG.COM Staff UncommonPosts: 224
    edited January 2016
    Hey Rockin! Great questions my friend. You don't take a hit for dying, you just lose your prestige points if you have any. There's sadly really no penalty in world pvp. In Arena there's wins/loses and ranked type stuff, but I wish they could integrate that sort of thing into pvp, maybe the higher level zones or something to make it more of an incentive for openworld pvp.

Not sure about the dungeon chests, I think sometimes if you are a high enough level and you go into a dungeon, a random quest activates? Or maybe because I killed the boss it became activated? Not too sure, but it also could be the keys, I had a few..

As long as you are following your Purple Quests for Training and Yellow Quests for the main story, you should be just fine. The Blue quests are just world quests I believe.

Goodluck and godspeed!
  • Keldor837Keldor837 Member UncommonPosts: 263
    Just to make sure you know. There are other opposing factions you can fight for without any limits on choosing one over the other. Such as Bamboo Guard and Blackram Pirates. Equip the pirate outfit, and fight/kill guards. Or, you can throw on a guard outfit to kill players who are killing guards. There's also quests only available when you equip a factions outfit. And must complete them with the outfit on. So, there is PvEvP.

I do wish you could change the appearance of outfits, like with weapons. So you can keep a signature look, while participating in those quests and world PvP.
  • AlumicardAlumicard Member UncommonPosts: 388
    edited January 2016
    ...very competitive. they are already calling it an esport in korea...
    *youtube*
    HOLY COW! not kidding!
    With that kind of intro I was expecting them going MMA style on each other but the glasses kind of gave it away that this wont happen :) edit: vid name " [B&S] Tournament 2015 World Championship Final "
  • ZagatoMKRZagatoMKR Member UncommonPosts: 263
    @RipperX you can always go to the locations where you "grind" faction mobs for prestige to find open world PvP. Be careful of lvl 45s there though.

Cheers.