Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com : General : CONAN EXILES - Announcement Trailer

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited January 2016 in Videos Discussion

imageMMORPG.com : General : CONAN EXILES - Announcement Trailer

Free MMORPG List and MMO Games at MMORPG.com

Read the full story here

Comments

• Moxom914Moxom914 Member RarePosts: 731
    nothing yet to comment on. wait......i just commented. damn, they got me
  • mentinmentin Member UncommonPosts: 35
    The music......

Best OST in the mmo world, age of conan no doubt.

Sad what happened later with the game.
  • BukkerzBukkerz Member UncommonPosts: 177
    Utterly SOLD ... could be where Funcom really prosper. In this instance learning from AOC and the Secret World and from the present where the sandbox and survival market is flourishing could mean they are the first with a 'proper' story and established world within this type of MMO ... ballsy and brilliant ....
  • IsimeRageIsimeRage Member UncommonPosts: 13
    I'm pretty sure Funcom will mess this one up as well.
  • joeslowmoejoeslowmoe Member UncommonPosts: 127
    Kinda drooling over the idea of this. Hope the execution is solid.
  • swingburnswingburn Member UncommonPosts: 2
    Funcom is trash. Stopped playing Age of Conan for a couple months back when it was still new. Came back and account was stolen. The support agents told me to fuck off because the person who stole it was paying the subscription fee.

Avoid Funcom like they are aids
  • dreamisoverdreamisover Member UncommonPosts: 23
    Please someone take away all of Funcom's IP. BECAUSE THEY WILL JUST SHIT OUT MEDIOCRITY AGAIN. Funcom seriously. Please. switch to mobile phone games. ok Rated M mobile phone games. Because you are fundamentally unable to produce a MMO that does justice to the IP's you get..
  • Vada_GVada_G Member UncommonPosts: 85
    edited January 2016
    Think I'll hold off too much commentary until after tomorrow's meeting. I'm interested in seeing what Casais has planned for their future (and yes, this will probably mean development in their mobile platform products).

Although I find that their titles go stale after a bit, and they're always having rough patches, all of their titles that I have played have brought some form of innovation or freshness. After 20 years of fighting to stay alive in this industry without a blockbuster to support them, it would be nice if this becomes their "big win" as we have enough "meh" titles out right now.
  • rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Usually not my type of game, but considering how bad ass of an IP Conan is I might have to dip my toes in. After I learn and see more of course.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    The name CONAN always raises my brow

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• CrappyfeetsesCrappyfeetses Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Survival, and no zombies? This could be interesting, but haters will just hate... Will be following this one and see what they come up with.
  • ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    edited January 2016
    Sure hope this one pans out for Funcom.  I can not explain it but I have always liked them. 
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Robokapp said:
    Rhoklaw said:
    MMO, single player,

Its like Ark where there is a separate single player mode and official and private servers for multiplayer.
  • kartoolkartool Member UncommonPosts: 520

Talonsin said:

Sure hope this one pans out for Funcom.  I can not explain it but I have always liked them. 

Me too, they are pretty great at telling a story and are always trying to do something a little different. I enjoyed TSW myself, but it was for the stories not so much the gameplay. I also enjoyed some of the stuff they did with AoC regarding your characters story and such. I haven't played The Park yet, but will pick it up at some point. I hope this one works out for them, the idea of a Conan survival open world game is pretty exciting.
  • darkedone02darkedone02 Member UncommonPosts: 581
    I played Anarchy Online, Age of Conan, and The Secret World... and sadly all three of these games are not that great at all. I cannot get addicted to it, it didn't grabbed me, and it feels so mediocre compare to todays game. I wish the conan series have been taken away from funcom, and given to CD Project developers who made The Witcher series, and make a game based on the conan universe with more better and detailed then the below-average developers of funcom can pull off.

• ZagatoMKRZagatoMKR Member UncommonPosts: 263
    If FunCom goes with it's trend, you'll need a server with four state of the art CPUs and 4xTitanX to run the game AND you'll need to pay for the beta access. Ah, "good" 'ol Age of Conan times. ;)

Cheers.
  • SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135
    Conan meets Rust? Pls dont!!!

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.