Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Division Beta Weekend

MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
So who's got plans to play The Division beta this weekend?

I know, I know..  It's a Ubisoft title, and that might be cause enough for some of us to run away, arms flailing in disgust..  I find that's all the more reason to slap down $5 on a PS4 pre-order to get the chance to assess the situation for myself before I buy it..  If I end up not digging it, I'll just put that $5 on a different game I'm looking forward to.

So are you playing this weekend?  Got any hopes/thoughts on the game?  What platform?  Some folks can maybe exchange gamer IDs and get together for some MMORPG.com group fun!

Comments

• MrSnufflesMrSnuffles Member UncommonPosts: 1,117
    Just checked Uplay and i got the PRELOAD. SO i will be playing this weekend. Send me a PM and we can hook up for some online fun.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"It's pretty simple, really. If your only intention in posting about a particular game or topic is to be negative, then yes, you should probably move on. Voicing a negative opinion is fine, continually doing so on the same game is basically just trolling."
    - Michael Bitton
    Community Manager, MMORPG.com

"As an online discussion about Star Citizen grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Derek Smart approaches 1" - MrSnuffles's law

"I am jumping in here a bit without knowing exactly what you all or talking about." 
    - SEANMCAD

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  • GrendGrend Member UncommonPosts: 63
    I'm planning on playing this weekend but working on trying to get in the PC version. In it for the Xbox One version though.
  • Jonnyp2Jonnyp2 Member UncommonPosts: 243
    It doesn't look too bad, I pre-ordered it for beta access.  Destiny's one saving grace is how good the shooting/combat feels.  From what I've seen of the Division, the combat looks noticeably worse.  However the rest of the game seems to have more potential...  I'm just curious how exactly the loot works and what kind of customization we'll have with skills/weapons and such.  
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited January 2016
    I'm a huge fan of third-person shooters, so the combat doesn't look bad (to me).  If it is comparable to Mass Effect, then I think it's more than tight enough to serve the title well.  My questions are regarding the depth of the recreated NYC; if the majority of buildings are artificial and unaccessible, then it will be a major turnoff.

I have this fond image in my head of an NYC in-game where pretty much every building is explorable and close quarters action in, say, a high-rise apartment building inhabited by thugs is a very real chance.  That kind of suspenseful exploration will truly make or break The Division's masterpiece potential, in my opinion.

• klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    Stizzled said:
    I have this fond image in my head of an NYC in-game where pretty much every building is explorable and close quarters action in, say, a high-rise apartment building inhabited by thugs is a very real chance.  That kind of suspenseful exploration will truly make or break The Division's masterpiece potential, in my opinion.
    I wouldn't get your hopes up so high.
    Exactly what you said happened in alpha to me.. as faras buildings i would say most were explorable but not all.. there were a few buildings that were exactly the same but not many.. also weapon customization is very good you can change everything aboout the weapon and each mod gives your gun/character stat boosts.. looking forward to this weekend anybody on xbox1 send me a pm so we can rek shit.
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    I am in but i will both be away and i am very unsure my computer can handle it.

So i will see if i can get some time in on sunday depending on when it shuts down. 

This have been a good conversation

Stizzled said:
    I wouldn't get your hopes up so high.
    Well I'm not judging it based on my imagination.  I'm realistic enough to realize that, if they truly hand-crafted every single room of Manhatten Midtown to be unique..  It would be one of the greatest achievements in video game history, regardless of the rest of the game.

However, if the explorable interiors are deep and numerous enough to make simply walking through the city a continuously suspenseful experience, it will be an excellent game.  On the other hand, incredibly empty and/or any kind of significant copy/pasting will have right the opposite effect.  NYC will have never felt more uninteresting in that case.

I'm looking forward to seeing on which side the game errs.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Not me,i doubt the game is very long so i don't want to ruin anything by playing it ahead of schedule.I'll simply wait for the release.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• acidbloodacidblood Member RarePosts: 878
    Scored a beta key and pre-loaded yesterday, will be playing on PC.

Mainly I just want to check out how some of the mechanics work and if the game feels any good, so I probably won't be playing all weekend (also need to play Rise of the Tomb Raider). I still have my doubts about The Divisions long term viability (namely the amount of content before it becomes just another grind), but if it's fun to play then it should at least scratch that ARPG / shooter itch for a while.
  • psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    GMG has Division PC for 30% with code 30PERC-JANUAR-SAVING
  • SanisarSanisar Member UncommonPosts: 135
    edited January 2016
    I would love to play the PC beta, but I didn't get a key and I am currently not paying companies money before release until the industry restores some faith in me (if ever).  I guess I'll just check out what I can on twitch and hope it all goes well.  

I am rooting for this game, hope it's good.  Have fun everyone who gets in  =)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Not playing this weekend but am looking forward to the game when it releases.
    Stay tuned here and I'll write something up based on my experiences with the beta weekend for what that may be worth to you!

If nothing else, maybe I can detail exactly what the game is and isn't.

• AevenathAevenath Member UncommonPosts: 116
    I usually don't play betas as it ruins the 'surprise' of a new game. However, I'm anticipating The Division so much that I'm going to play the PC beta for maybe an hour or less.
  • Zen00Zen00 Member UncommonPosts: 152
    Got an email saying that I'm SoL for getting into the beta.
    Aww man.  I don't have an extra key (as far as I know), or I'd send you one! :(